Joy not on roster for Scotland Friendly

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Tsunami, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    It could be sponsor related. In the fall of 99 and 2000, Millie came to Boise, Idaho and the rest of the PNW to push energy efficient washing machines. I don't think she did it in 2001 but then again I could be wrong. A Korean MNT'er came to Boise not too long ago and I missed that :rolleyes:.

3. SDFAN

SDFAN New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Cypress California
    I sure hope it was Joy and Tiff’s choice not to attend. But it makes you wander what’s up?

4. Soccersuzie

Soccersuzie New Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Orange County
    back-to-school season?

5. Bombatta2

Bombatta2 New Member

Huh?!?

Tiffeny went to Idaho to sell washing machines? Is that a clever joke? It is hard to tell over the Internet....... If so, it went right over my head.......

6. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Re: Huh?!?

From the North County Times:

http://www.nctimes.net/news/2002/20020824/62352.html

-----------------------------------------

Oliver Russell and Associated ad agnecy (around the block from my office) handled the Energy Saver washing machine account for this region and somehow Millie was involved. I've got pics from when she was here in 2000 if you don't believe me.

7. SDFAN

SDFAN New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Cypress California
    Thanks Soccersuzie - I saw the error after I posted my message.

8. UP90

UP90 New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Georgia
    Joy not in Scotland match

I read some months ago that Michelle Akers is holding a soccer camp this fall. I know that Millie was scheduled to be there and maybe Joy is too. I'm sure that April would want them to honor their commitments to Michelle.

9. Number1MacFan02

Number1MacFan02 New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    The Big D!
    I think they had somethin else to do. Tiff and Joy are awesome and I don't think they would just not call them up. but i dont know.

10. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even though Joy isn't really comfortable in the middle back position yet, it was obvious that the NWT missed her defense during the Scotland game. The team was lucky that Julie Fleeting only got a goal and an assist. That miss wide of the right post right before half time would have actually put them in a 3-2 lead!