Jose threatens to sack Cole

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by mak9, Dec 31, 2005.

1. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/5209574

Can someone clarify me why Jose is angry over Cole??? He suspended him because he did too many fancy tricks and stuff???

Seriously you guys have one strict manager. You are lucky. I wish we had someone like Jose at Real.

If I was a player, playing for him I would hate his f**** guts. But as a fan of a team, I would be very proud of him.

2. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He was suspended because of yellow cards, Jose wants players that are totally commited to playing his way, and I think most of the players love playing for him.

3. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    no Its because of his fancy tricks it says in the article. What a idiot mourinho is, let the player do what he does best. If he hates players full of tricks then imagine if Cristiano Ronaldo was on his team, lol.

4. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    imagine what????

cristiano wouldnt make our bench half of the time.jose's wants a team of team players,not a bunch of one tick pony's,f.f.s....

oh and b.t.w jose ment he'd drop joe from the first team not sack him..........jesus people learn to read or else get some common sense.....

5. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    that's funny,cause in a couple years Jose will be the coach of portugal!!!

6. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma

lol

7. kjksccr

kjksccr Member

Feb 25, 1999
    San Carlos, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why share that with the press? Doesn't seem consistent with his team first claim. If Cole is at all upset is it likely for that reason rather than the fact he was dressed down for showboating. I didn't see the game so I can't comment but Jose seems determined to bore us to death while winning trophies. Sure, winning is great and Chelsea played second fiddle for too long but nobody really remembers boring teams, even when they win trophies (e.g. Greece and Denmark Euro wins). It is always about Jose--much more like Fergui than he thinks.

8. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    That makes no sense.

9. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Then perhaps in a couple of years Mourinho will make Cronaldo productive.

10. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Jose said prior to this that Joe was 'untouchable'. Now he says he's going to be out of the starting line up if he does too many tricks. If you watched the game Joe's performance wasn't as good as it's been in recent weeks but wasn't actually THAT much different.

He tried one or two things that didn't come off and didn't get into position as well as he has done over the past few months but, to listen to JM, you'd think he played a totally different game.

Personally, I think that JM's jerking the lad around a bit... and I doubt it's an accident. It's to make the lad think about his game more than he does. No great shame there as far as I'm concerned.

My only other thought when I saw the previous match, (where JM said Joe was 'untouchable'), was that maybe he'd gone a bit over the top in terms of praise.

Maybe he thought the same thing.

11. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    im all for him being more productive, but he's did just as much as Robben did last year and he's had a horrid season thus far off the pitch, but is showing signs of life. you can discredit him for work ethic and a lack of discipline but he's 3 times the player Robben is at the international level and he's about on par w/ Robben domestically in terms of production so its unfair to that he's not productive.

12. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Just stop. Stop stop stop. You have absolutely no clue about football. None at all. And you keep trying to prove it here. 3 times the player Robben is at the international level? Are you high? Seriously, I'm not trying to be funny, are you high? If you are, I would advise you not to post in that state. Robben is Holland's best player. Yes, better than Ruud. In fact, he's Holland's most important player. He is completely irreplaceable. Cronaldo can't even say that. They are, at best, even at the international level. Hell, van Basten relies on him so much he risks playing Robben less than fully fit.
    As for domestically - hah. Two late goals against Bolton and a useless header at the death against Boro do not make him equal domestically. Ronaldo is still not nearly productive enough for his talent. He and Robinho are vying for the title of the next Denilson.

13. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Umm.. Ronaldo had half of Portugal's goals in WCQ and set up quite a few himself. Obviously 3 times the player comment was hyperbole, but you implying that Ronaldo isn't productive is just more rubbish that you and ABUs routinely spew. You claim Robben being played at less than full fitness as a clue to his importance to Holland when the same thing is done to Ronaldo at Portugal who have more talent at his position than Holland has at Robbens. I agree Robben is important to Holland, but take Ruud out of that team and they don't qualify for the world cup. Ruud scored 5 in 7 games in Euro Qualification, 4 goals in 5 games at the euros and 7 goals in 10 games in World Cup Qualifying... he's probably one of the most in form strikers in international play. Even hinting that Robben is more important to Holland than him is ludicrous.

LOL... Ronaldo struck the post twice when the game was still there to be played... that said, I didn't say he was even to him this season... I said this season he's had a hard time off the pitch... I was refering to at present as a whole... Robben for all his brilliance last year managed I think 10 goals while Ronaldo only had 9. There's not much between the pair of them domestically and I stand by my opinion that Ronaldo is more important to his national team.

However... I will cease this debate, because you aren't willing to be serious about it so I'll save us both the trouble.

14. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    You know what? Just this once, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Lets find out just how important Dutch fans think Robben is.
    The above is rubbish, anyway. Holland had the toughest qualification group and Robben came up most important for them when they needed him. Just like he did at the Euros where he was more important than Ruud.
    And Portugal played in a crap group where Ronaldo's show pony antics went unpunished.

15. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Makaay could replace RVN...World Class for World Class, Holland have no replacement for RObben.

Simao, Cronaldo, Figo, Quaresma.....

Robbenw as named to the EPL's best 11 last season and only played what 16 games?

16. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    sure he could, sure he could... Wes Brown could replace Ferdinand as well, but what would the result be. Ruud's proved himself beyond a shaddow of a doubt... at every level.

Yup, that's the point, Ronaldo has got lots of competition but is still called up for every match against every single opponent.

I think Robben is a superb player, I just happen to think Ronaldo is one as well.

17. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1.Wes Brown is not world class. Roy Makaay absolutely is....only a retard would make a Ruud Makaay comparison to a Rio-Brown one, but I guess it is fitting with you.

2. The point wasnt both being superb players, you said Ruud and Cronaldo were harder to replace, and Cronaldo is better, you are wrong on both accounts.

18. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mourinho is a bit emotionally unstable, but, well, we already knew that.

Joe Cole was fine. He made a mistake, so what? If you never try anything creative, then you will never be able to do creative things.

19. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i thought it was harsh to criticize him for playing for himself when he passed after being 1 on 1 with the keeper. he may have added just a bit too much with that attempted backheel, but he wasn't in a text book position.

20. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    That's not what you posted.

21. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Oh, and by the way, johno, you might want to take a look at the Holland forum. Oddly enough, not only are they not screaming about the debate (as you claimed they would) but Ruud doesn't even have a majority of the votes as most important player. Shocking, I know. :rolleyes:
    But hey - that's what happens when you know what you're talking about.

22. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Got any hyperbole to go with that, nice? I see RVN's name on the list of top scorers but I don't see Robben even at the bottom of the list. And that's strange, given that you say that Robben's their best player. Now granted, I didn't put Robben up against the whole world; this is just the "European Zone". http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/t/stats/player.html?zone=eur

I mean, not for nothing here nice, but there's onnnnnnnnly ONE Holland player on that list (tra-la-la-la-la)... I did a little stat-work:
    • CZE: Multiple players on list
    • ENG: Multiple players on list
    • SWE: Multiple players on list
    • POR: Multiple players on list
    • TUR: Multiple players on list
    • FIN (for chrissakes): Multiple players on list
    • POL: Multiple players on list
    • SUI (for ********'s sake): Multiple players on list
    • RUS: Multiple players on list
    • Nearly every other country except Holland: Multiple players on list
    Come on, nice - there's no way you can support your over-the-top statements... Robben's an excellent player but so is Ruud. They are both irreplaceable.

23. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You compare Ruud,a striker to Robben, a winger, and use goals as your comparison, nice research.

Do you perhaps try and watch a match or two, and then think about whom replaces these two players if they were out, and which loss would hurt more?

24. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    There's a poll on the very topic on the Dutch boards right now. You should check it out. Oh, and those goals Ruud scored in qualifying? What to know whom they were against? OK. 3 versus Finland, two versus Armenia, 2 versus Andorra. All hail the mighty Ruud for scoring against Finland. :rolleyes:
    Robben only had one goal in qualifiers (although he had a lot more assists). But his goal was at least against Romania - a good team.

25. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    There's a poll on the very topic on the Dutch boards right now. You should check it out. Oh, and those goals Ruud scored in qualifying? What to know whom they were against? OK. 3 versus Finland, two versus Armenia, 2 versus Andorra. All hail the mighty Ruud for scoring against Finland. :rolleyes:
    Robben only had one goal in qualifiers (although he had a lot more assists). But his goal was at least against Romania - a good team.
    I suppose I could take a look to see if Ronaldo scored his goals against Luxembourg or San Marino too.