Jose Reina

Discussion in 'Spain: Clubs' started by Takkie, May 8, 2005.

1. Takkie

Takkie Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    as a liverpool fan, i'd like to know what you guys think of Reina since we are apparently going to sign him? is he good in the air? is he a good shotstopper? is he consistent? is he worth 5-8 million, i'd like to know your guys' opinions

2. Iberian

Iberian Member

Jun 10, 2004
    New Jersey, USA
    He is one of the top 3-5 keepers in Spain, and should be in the national team. I consider Casillas and Victor Valdes better than him, and I think that the ones that follow, Reina, Doblas, Prats, Palop are inferior to him. He has something that only Casillas can match from time to time: he is an spectacular penalty stopper. I think he stopped 8 this year. Besides this he is pretty stable, you don't ever see him make mistakes (Valdes' virtue), even if he is not a miracle worker like Casillas. Reina is definitely one of the best goalies in Europe, one for a top team, and a hell of a reinforcement for Liverpool, I'd say easily to become one of top 3 goalies in the EPL. 5-8 million is nothing for this guy.

3. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He's a more than solid keeper and certainly better than anyone you got in that position at the present, IMO.

4. vomiton

vomiton New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    He is better than Dudek IMO, despite this can be sound a sacrilege after the CL final,but I´m not so optimist about him like dmar or Iberian,I think that he has troubles in air (and in England........)Anyway is a great sign.

5. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    Second best keeper in Spain after Casillas. Has a supernatural knack for stopping penalty shots (ironic for Dudek, eh?). Pretty safe and solid all-around keeper besides from that, he's 22 too, so it's a great signing for Liverpool.

As an afterthought, Victor Valdes is an all-show pimp. If I were Barcelona, I'd be hitting my head against the wall for letting Reina go - he used to play for them, then Villarreal bought half of his transfer rights, and then got the other half as part of Belletti's transfer to Barcelona.