Jornada 19: CDCU @ Galaxy [R]

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by fdp, Jul 11, 2005.

1. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Saturday, July 16th at 7:00 p.m.

TV: FSC, HDNet, FSWE

Radio: KMXE 830 AM

2. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    I'm predicting the first clasico win for CDCU.

Get ready to pay up some lame bet Dougie!!

3. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    I would want for Chivas USA to pull away with a victory just so the hype and attendance could elevate when the new players arrive in August. The Galaxy will playing with no key players so I am predicting a victory but would be very happy with a tie.

4. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    here the catch, if the Galaxy lose Doug will pay the ultimate price, HIS JOB. along with Steve 'stick up my ass" Sampson. This will be a very very exciting match for sure as far as a winner I will have check the star charts later in the week, I think Venus is going into retrograde along with a blue moon. adn The tidal pull of Hurricane has really thrown things out of wack. I'll get to you on the winner.

5. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    This is going to be big. Prediction
    Chivas 3-2 Galaxy

Come from behind victory. 2-1 Galaxy at the half.

6. that'sthecrewforyou

that'sthecrewforyou New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Indy
    Without Donovan Galaxy are worthless. 3-1 Chivas Goals by Taylor and Romo(2)

7. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chivas 2
    Gals 1
    Refs 1- PK late on bad call they convert

Gals 2

Draw

8. Ese_Guy

Ese_Guy New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Sunny Southern CA
    Martinez will score too.
    Galaxy doesn't seem like they'll be ready for Saturday.
    Chivas 3-1

9. that'sthecrewforyou

Jan 17, 2005
    Indy
    While this game might be exciting I'm looking foward to the oct. 8th game. Man ESPN missed out on a major oppertunity to showcase the New improved Chivas USA. Garcia, Palencia, Donovan. Who knows the Galaxy could bring in someone else from the transfer market.

10. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

that game has been escheduled. Greenday is having a concert at HDC that night. AEG bumped Chivas for the concert who can blame them they'll make a Mill from the concert

11. Ese_Guy

Ese_Guy New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Sunny Southern CA
    Galaxy host confident Chivas USA

[​IMG]

INJURY REPORT: LOS ANGELES GALAXY - OUT: DF Ben Benditson (sports hernia); QUESTIONABLE: DF Chris Albright (L knee MCL sprain); FW Jovan Kirovski (L groin strain); FW Joseph Ngwenya (sports hernia surgery); MF Guillermo Gonzalez (L quadriceps strain); MF Peter Vagenas (R hip flexor strain); FW Jovan Kirovski (L groin strain) CHIVAS USA - OUT: GK Martin Zuñiga (R knee ACL sprain); GK Shaun Kalnasy (head contusion/concussion); DF Alfonso Loera (L hamstring strain); PROBABLE: MF Jesus Ochoa (L knee MCL sprain); DF Aaron Lopez (L shoulder sprain); DF Esteban Arias (L hamstring strain)

INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: LA: FW Landon Donovan (USA; CONCACAF Gold Cup); DF Michael Umaña (Costa Rica; CONCACAF Gold Cup); DF Tyrone Marshall (Jamaica; CONCACAF Gold Cup) ... CHV: DF Douglas Sequeira (Costa Rica; CONCACAF Gold Cup)

SUSPENDED: CHV: Ramon Ramirez (21 CP; through July 16)
    WARNINGS: LA: Paulo Nagamura (18 CP) ... CHV: Hector Cuadros (16 CP); Thiago Martins (16 CP)

HEAD-TO-HEAD
    ALL-TIME (2 meetings): Galaxy 2 wins, 5 goals ... Chivas USA 0 wins, 1 goal ... 0 draws
    AS GALAXY HOME GAME: Galaxy 1 win, 3 goals ... Chivas USA 0 wins, 1 goal ... 0 draws • This is the third meeting between the two clubs in the Honda Super Clasíco - all four of course at The Home Depot Center. This is the second home game for the Galaxy, the final meeting (a Chivas home game) coming Oct. 8.
    • Coaches record: Steve Sampson vs. CDC: P2 W2 L0 D0... Hans Westerhof v LA: first game

12. Ese_Guy

Ese_Guy New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Sunny Southern CA
  13. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    somebody asked if the Galaxy could have three sold out games in a week, well they are on their way, I could only buy "grass" tickets for tomorrow, and of course not even those for the Real Madrid game. Im hoping for a Chivas win, to make this a real classic.

14. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    I ordered two tickets yesterday afternoon for the CDCU supporters section. I am going to arrive early tommorow to pick them up at will call.

15. MollG

MollG New Member

May 23, 2005
    socal
    omg! i just read on the chivas usa website that matt taylor is out with a hernia!!!! omg not for the galaxygame!!not my matt!!

16. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
  17. ataranto2000

ataranto2000 Red Card

Sep 22, 2003
    This info is update 07/12. He played 07/13.

18. that'sthecrewforyou

Jan 17, 2005
    Indy
    So he'll be good to go?

19. that'sthecrewforyou

Jan 17, 2005
    Indy
    Great, FSN is having technical difficulties, instead Beyond the Glory Benard Hopkins

20. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They better get their act together pretty soon. I waited to see this for a while.

21. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    me 2!! game sounds exciting on the radio

srry for trolling dont neg rep me like other ppl i just want ppl to talk to during the game.

22. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    So they're running a ticker message saying they're having technical difficulties?

23. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, saying "please stand by." :mad:

24. brandnew_de

brandnew_de Member

Jun 18, 2005
    CT
    This derby is cursed. First that ESPN nonsense with the NFL draft, and now this. What horrific luck. Shoulda been a fun game, seeing as how well Chivas played against RSL. Let's hope they get their act together in the booth.

25. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They just said they are still trying to get it straight and will get us out to the match as soon as they fix it. :rolleyes: