Jornada 18: CDCU vs RSL [R]

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by fdp, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    four... and1 !

Hope you guys are enjoying the game. You've been waiting awhile to enjoy another win...and a big one at that.

Dear God, RSL's defense sucks tonight. Chance after chance...

2. Tyler66

Tyler66 New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Chivas have arrived! Matt Taylor is not a bust, why did we ever leave him unprotected? Romo is going to back it up now I see, that he'll lead MLS in goals. Ramirez and Martinez are obviously not washed up! Guzan will replace Tim Howard at Manu U.! You guys don't even need Palencia and Garcia! Releasing Suarez was planned, it's obvious now! And you don't even have Sequira! Holy ********!! MLS Cup is ********ING yours!!! Congradulations, on behalf of the Kansas City Wizards.

3. brandnew_de

brandnew_de Member

Jun 18, 2005
    CT
    Biggest blow-out of the season so far. Chivas 5-1 RSL final. Congrats!

4. emp2b3

emp2b3 Member

Apr 24, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Congrats. That was a fun game to watch.

5. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And he shoulda said 5... wow.

6. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations on the big win Chivas.

Amazingly it could have been more than 5.

7. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Just got home from the match. Though not full, the place was rocking. How did it come across on TV? People stayed in their seats at the end of the game and cheered the team.

I truly believe having Hans Westerhof at the helm is starting to pay off. I noticed a marked change against Chicago and now this. Bring in the reinforcements and with a little luck we may make the playoffs...

8. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what little I saw the crowd sounded great. Of course it was 5-1 then... ;)

9. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    I'm not used to seeing smoke bombs in MLS games, that was friggin sweet.

10. RED_HOT_CHILI_PEPPER

Feb 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Its about time we win. Hans is the man. Taylor looked great.

11. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    I enjoy being at the stadium and seeing Hans getting all riled up. He is a very passionate and animated coach.

12. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Between the flags and the smoke bombs it looked like chaos on the left end. Good stuff. Would have looked better if there had been more people to fill out the whole section behind the goal, but the folks who were there were rocking.

The only downside to an MLS neutral like myself is that I'd rather it came against the Galaxy or DC United since the loss wouldn't likely put too much of a dent in them. But I want RSL to succeed too, particularly with what looks to be a potentially large fanbase, and that really had to be pretty humiliating. That was lopsided even for 5-1.

13. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    Actually voros, I think that RSL was the only team who could've withstood such a shellacking by Chivas. It'd be far more devastating to a team like LA or DC just because it would be such an embarrassment. RSL being in just their first year as well can be excused for such a loss.

I want to clarify though, because, reading over this it seems like trolling and Chivas bashing. It's not, it's just that losing 5-1 to anyone is embarrassing as hell. To do it to a team that, I'm sure most Chivas fans will even agree, has up to this point been the worst team in the league is even worse. I do hope this is the turning point for Chivas, as I'd like to see them succeed. I'm very happy for their fans about this win. Hopefully we can all pass that "worst team" mantle on to Columbus now.

14. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    Also-- I hate the distances between cities in MLS. I'd love for there to be a game where the Chivas fans (Legion 1908 is it?) and Barra Brava show up in force with all their flags and smoke bombs and energy. That'd be a fun game.

15. Chiva hasta morir

Chiva hasta morir New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Mexico
    5-1 vs RSL is not impressive

Well, I'm sure that this score is gonna make much noise in the league, for me it's not a surprise because chivas usa have the huge potential to be one of the best team in the US, with all the young players that gained experience in this season and adding their reinforcements (palencia, loco garcia, pirata castro) maybe not in this season, but the next i think that chivas usa could be champ

16. Femfa

Femfa New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Re: 5-1 vs RSL is not impressive

;)

17. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    great win, team looked like they ahve defiantely turned a corner and are on their way up. We need similar results against team like the Galaxy Colorado Columbus adn other teams "in the hunt" beating RSL is nice but need to consistantly beat teams to have chance at a playoff spot.

Hans has the team going right and it is certainly not the same team is was when Rongen had it. I wonder how well they would have done had Hans been here from day one.

good win boys on to the Galaxy game, even a point in this game would ne huge. The way they are playing these days I can see that happening

18. MollG

MollG New Member

May 23, 2005
    socal
    I WAS AT THE GAME LAST NIGHT IT WAS PRETTY AWESOME. I HAVE NEVER SEEN THE BOYS PLAY LIKE THAT. THEY DID OUTSTANDING. NOT TO MENTION I HAD THE BEST SEATS EVER RIGHT BEHIND OUR BENCH WITH LIKE ALL THE PLAYERS FAMILIES WHO ABSOLUTELY LOVED ME AND MY FRIENDS.

BUT GOOD WIN BOYS! LETS GET GALAXY NOW, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A WIN AGAINST GALAXY AND FINALLY START TO GET SOME POINTS! THINGS R LOOKIN UP BOYS!! :D

19. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watched the full game, and what really jumped out during the game other than Taylor's play was the spacing of the Chivas players offensively. In games past a Chivas player would get the ball and hed have 3 opponents surrounding him and his closest teamate would be 20 yards away, tonight there was better support, your guys had more options once they got the ball.

20. Futbolfan77

Futbolfan77 New Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Upland, CA

Hey it was nice to finally get a win. I was at the game and it was a fun game to be at.

21. Brrca Fan redded

Brrca Fan redded Red Card

Aug 6, 2002
    Chasing Tornadoes.

[​IMG]

22. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two at RFK last night (orange and white), even though United lost.

The MLS wrap view showed Chivas playing out of their minds. The happiness on the team's faces was good to see.

23. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Spidergoose,

Hopefully Legion 1908 and the Barra Barra can one day meet at MLS Cup for a CDCU v DC United Final!

Mollg,

was that the first game you attended? If so you must go to the rest of the home games because you sir are good luck! :D

seahawkdad,

I wonder if the smoke bombs were just left over fireworks... Funny thing is that I was at the stadium an didn't see them. Were they set off in the first few minutes of the game? I ask because I was in line at the concession stand at that time.

24. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mid 2nd half I don't know how you missed them they must of set off 6-10 smoked covered the entire stadium

25. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You say 5-1 is not impressive in the title, and then you go on to compliment the team in the post. :confused: