JORDAN, what is going on?

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by shormborm, Aug 1, 2007.

1. shormborm

shormborm New Member

Jul 29, 2007
    So what is up with the jordanian football team? Are they replacing Gohary? Are they bringing in new players? What is going on? I mean we made it to the Asian Quarter Finals 2004 and almost into the World Cup with Gohary, but all of a sudden we suck. We lost against Emirates and Oman and didn't even make it to the Asian Championship this year. Iraq who won the championship played against Jordan a month before the Asian games began and the game ended 1-1, I mean what is up with that? We can equalise against the Asian champions and can't even make it to the Asian Games. I get so PISSED OFF sometimes. I really hope that the team has something planned for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers. Gohary said that the team wasn't ready for the last World Cup, what about now? Are we ready yet? I really hope that Jordan will make it to the world cup this time, because making it to the world cup is more worth than winning the Asian Championship. PLEASE GOD, PLEASE GOHARY and PLEASE THE JORDANIAN TEAM, HELP US.

2. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Al-Gawhari Built your team then destroyed it.
    you really need to find another coach, maybe signing with Jorvan Vieira is a big move :)

btw.. welcome here bro, you can share with us the lates Jordanian news, also you have 3 Jordanian Clubs in the AFC Cup 2007.... good luck :)

3. shormborm

shormborm New Member

Jul 29, 2007
    Sadly enough I have to agree with you Mussav. I really hope that he builds it up again for the world cup qualifiers. And congratulations on your win in the Asian Championship.

4. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    thanks shormborm... good luck to Jordan

5. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Any updates on Jordan`s World Cup preparations ? Away match against Kyrgyzstan scheduled for 18 October.

6. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City
    with all respect... Jordan, Bahrain, UAE and even Kuwait were just bubbles that sooner or later had to burst... the problem in these places is that there isn't a second line so suddenly you have a competetive team and with two or three injuries you're back to where you started.

I don't blame the players... and blaming it on managers is evenly stupid... it is the FA's of these countries that suck, you see these officials on days of glory, and when the team loses they blame it on the ref, weather, injuries, and lack of motivation!!!

Look at Al-Faisaly in Jordan for example, Qadsiya in Kuwait, Al-Ain in UAE, or Muharraq of Bahrain... all are consistent great teams and major suppliers of players to national teams only because their administration has future plans for the team... the officials stand by their teams winning or losing... FA officials in these countries are not interested in the game, they are interested in making a name for themselves most likely to become MPs, Government officials or at least celebrities of some kind.

7. Jordan and Iraq play friendlies like 10 times each year, don't look too much into the scoreline. :rolleyes:

8. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I really want to see Kuwait and Jordan come back to the top stages but I really really Hate Bahrain.

9. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Why you hate Bahrain ?

10. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Do I have to explain? :D

11. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Does anybody know where Jordan player Thaer Fayed, who played with Real Madrid B is now??

12. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    CE L'Hospitalet on loan.

13. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    We ''LIKE'' them soooo much:D:D:D

14. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Why?

15. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Jordan is just one of those teams thats just average in terms of quality. So if their talent is used in the right way they can get results against the big boys, if the talent isn't used in the correct manner they will not only lose but get mauled. Just look at their last competitive campaigns following the success in China, they sort of carried on with it for WC qualification finishing 3 points behind Iran. But for Asian Cup qualification they were absolutely horrendous, the only team they could beat was Pakistan! Oman qualified ahead of them alongside the UAE. So far, I don't think they've really turned the corner... they needed penalties to beat Kyrgyzstan, which although an up and coming team, is nowhere near the quality of Palestine (whom they beat playing anti-football 10 men behind the ball tactics in the Challenge Cup) let alone Jordan which is supposedly better (according to fans of Jordan).

Really though, I think the situation should be taken in context. Jordan did not even enter a team for WC qualification until 1986! So you have to give them props for building on that in a relatively short time period. I think they will improve, their Club sides are dominating the AFC Cup, expect to see them at the next Asian Cup as for World Cup Qualifications forget about them being able to navigate a way out of the 3rd round.

16. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Remember, Remember - 3rd of September:D

Asian World Cup 2006 Qualifying matches. We played with them 3 times instead of 2, that's why we like them so much.:D

17. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    September 3, 2005. Uzbekistan won the first game against Bahrain 1-0 but the result was declared void by FIFA. The replay of the first game then ended with 1-1 and the second game in Bahrain ended with 0-0. Bahrain advanced for scoring more away goal.

So your "like" means utmost hatred? Hehehe... BTW, who was the referee of the first game which Uzbekistan won 1-0?

18. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    The referee was Toshimitsu Yoshida from Japan. Fifa has ordered to replay that match because of the referee's ''own and new'' football rule. He, the referee, disallowed a penalty scored by our player because the other of our player invaded the penalty box before the penalty was taken. Then the most interesting thing happened. Then after the Bahrain players surrounded the referee, he suddenly awarded a free kick to Bahrain in order to retake the penalty:D.

Then, in the replayed match, most of the Bahrain players suddenly became ''ill'' after they scored the first goal at the beginning of the match. So, our players coudn't play properly, because so many Bahrain players were rolling on the grass because of their very strong ''illness''. :D

But after the final whistle, which ended 1:1, it was good for us to see them that they recovered at once.

So, the story was like this..;)

19. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Where is that team from??

20. Iraqi69

Iraqi69 New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Mesopotamia
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Ye I like to know why :D

21. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Spain, they play in the third league (Segunda División B)

22. On loan from Barca correct? because I remember he joined Barca from Real last summer.

23. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Let's say they are the worst Football performer in the area.

They are just a lucky bubble, 1 win in the Asian Cup 2004 and they won the 4th Place, they won 1 match in the World Cup qualifications and they reached the final stages (the play off), no mention the cheating they used to achieve all that.

24. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...decade-coaching-jordan-bibert-kaghado-looking-

For the first time in nearly a decade, Bibert Kaghado is on the job hunt.
    Fresh off eight successful years in various coaching positions with the Jordan national team program, he is ready for a change that could potentially see him put his whistle to work back home in America. The 40-year-old has carried a top-of-the-line UEFA PRO coaching license for a few years now, and he said the time has come to put it to use.

When he retired as a player in 2008, Jordan asked him to take over their national futsal team. Kaghado immediately impressed, leading them to an unprecedented third-place finish at the ArabCup.

From then on, the promotions came fast and furious. He became deputy technical director for the entire youth program and then the Under-17 head coach not long after. That team fell one win shy of reaching its first U-17 World Cup in 2011, and Kaghado was bumped up to head the U-19 office.
    With no small thanks to the American, the small but ambitious nation may soon even have its first real star in teen attacker Oun Al-Louzi. Originally spotted, called and groomed for years by Kaghado, the Jordan U-19 captain signed with famed La Liga side Deportivo La Coruña in January.
    "Under the direction of Prince Ali [bin Al-Hussein], the football in Jordan has really been improving," Kaghado said. "He's implemented a lot of foreign help; he's tried to build the grassroots. They appreciate the work we've done, and it's something to be proud about."
    Though it's been a fun ride in a program that is starting to make waves in the Asian federation, Kaghado has his eyes on the next chapter. He is certainly not so much against a return to Jordan