Jonathan De Guzman Is He Really That Good???

Discussion in 'Canada' started by pittsy1, Nov 25, 2006.

1. pittsy1

pittsy1 New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    England, Salford

2. CanuckFan

CanuckFan Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Re: Jonathan De Guzman!!!!

You don't make World Soccer's Top 10 U20's in the World unless you are 'good'. I think he will outshine the youngster that Man U is going after.

3. pittsy1

pittsy1 New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    England, Salford

Freddy Adu have you seen that guy play? i just wandered cuz on pc games he is good and apparently Feyenoord said he was amazing but i have no video knowledge of him playing.

4. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Welcome to the internet.

5. RamR

RamR New Member

Sep 5, 2006

Geez!!! with a subject heading like that I was expecting some amazingly positive news. Don't tease like that please.

6. Kibby

Kibby Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Ottawa

you, and me... thanks alot pittsy

7. Blizzard

Blizzard Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

OK guys, I have changed the title to be less misleading.

B

8. Re: Jonathan De Guzman!!!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pittsy1

When you have the soccer legends like Cruyff, van Hanegem, van Basten, Gullit, Koeman to name a few labeling you as the next Zidane, you can safely say he's good. The big money clubs regularly visit the "Kuip" to watch him.

9. kronz21

kronz21 Member

Mar 17, 2006
    cleveland
    what postion does he play. like cm or something? he can play anywere in the midfield though right?

10. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I think he's been formed as an offensive mid. In the game vs Heerenveen, he played on the right of a 3-man mid.

11. CanuckFan

CanuckFan Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I think he could have started 2 years ago for our WCQ campaign. I would have put him (17 at the time) on the field ahead of several of Frank Yallops selections.

12. pittsy1

pittsy1 New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    England, Salford

Lol, NP

13. pittsy1

pittsy1 New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    England, Salford

Your so nice and patronising :p

14. themodelcitizen

Jul 23, 2000
    BMO Field - Sec. 114
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yes, he is really that good, and you can put money on him suiting up for holland sometime in the next few years.

15. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Fergie is right. he will not play For Canada unless we make some drastic changes and bring in new management.

I already emailed and wrote to the CSA by my disapproval of them running the association. W ehave not done anything to make any progress and with the crappy coachers we hire, They have done nada.

16. SoccerNewf

SoccerNewf Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Pasadena, NL
    I really do hope he plays for Canada, we need this guy.

17. hodgkiss

hodgkiss New Member

May 21, 2006
    Toronto
    jono scored the first goal in yesterday's feyenoord's 3-0 win over waalwijk @ 26'.

18. hodgkiss

hodgkiss New Member

May 21, 2006
    Toronto
    sorry, that would be today's game not yesterday's...

19. DECO#1

DECO#1 New Member

Sep 21, 2006
  20. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    Care to elaborate?

21. I donot know if any of you can get Eurosport channel on his tube or that via internet parts of the program are available too. In this weeks repeating program Eurogoals there was an interview with Jonathan, or maybe a Dutch someone savvy with a recorder and computer can put it on the internet for you.

22. Former superstar Wim van Hanegem wrote in a newspaper article 13th of februari 2007:
    "I read somewhere an interview with JDG that he doubted my opinion about him. He thought that I didnot really ment it totally when I once compared him with Zidane. So I want to state it again : de Guzman has characteristics of Zidane. Those put through balls, his insight, he has it in him to become very big.
    Recently JdG disappoints the supporters. He is languishing/flagging away, the fall back is big, unbelievable big, if you ask me. As a enthusiast soccerlover I'm now much more excited about Aissati, who is at his young age one of the best mid fielders in the Netherlands, when it comes to football intelligence. What stands out is the special way Ismail plays the ball. He always does it in such a way that the receiver only needs one action to control the ball and is facing the right way at the same time. It is clever if you as the sender of the ball sees it and controls it. The way Aissati plays keeps the speed in the game and that's what I'm a lover of, fast and attacking football, played by smart players.
    Once I saw that with JdG, but that's gone for the most part. This needs something to be done about. De Guzman as a beautiful player must not slip out of our hands. So there is work to be done with Feyenoord."

I think part of the problem lies in the difference in the attack

23. Part of my addendum misteriously disappeared, so I continue here

Last season JdG had in front of him at least three super strikers/attackers, Kalou. Kuyt and Castelen/Vincken. This season he has a disapointing Huijsegem and no real right winger in front of him. Charisteas is the pleasant surprise, but that's all. So what are the consequences of that fact? He has no way of making the smart solutions he could put down last season because he has no one that has the intelligence to anticipate on that in front of him. Add to that the fact that last season opponents mid fielders and defenders did not dare to cross the mddle line too far in fear of the Feyenoord attack. Now they have no hesitation to do so, thus making the midfielders being burdened with an extra task, namely defending. Add to that that our defense up till now is totally crap, you can figure out for yopurself waht that does to the midfielders and thus to JdG. Van Hanegem should have made this analysis and then criticize JdG. I think he is to harsh on JdG, when you take into account the circumstances in which he is to perform now.

24. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'd say perhaps his praise of Jonathan was a little overdone, as is his criticism now.