Join Us and Celebrate the Quakes

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by shoegirl, Jan 2, 2006.

1. shoegirl

shoegirl New Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Dear Club Quake Members and Earthquake Fans

The Club Quake Board would like to invite you to Celebrate the Quakes, a chance for us all to get together and celebrate our team.

AEG may have taken our team away in the middle of the night without facing the fans, but we will always have our memories of the good and not so good times, the friends we have made and the team we have all come to call our own.

Please join us on

Sunday January 15th from 4-8pm
    Britannia Arms Almaden

We will provide hot dogs and burgers for our members, (please bring your Club Quake Membership card), there will be a small fee for non members who wish to eat, but all are welcome to be part of this celebration.

We may even have some surprise guests joining the party. So get out that Earthquakes blue, bring your memories and your voices on Sunday 15th.

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Regards

Michelle Selincourt
    President
    Club Quake

2. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Oh, damn! Too bad I can't make it. Michelle, are we going to have more of these?

3. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would be real fun if there happens to be a working microphone lying around for the, um, "discussion" period (wake?).

4. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    :confused:

5. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Complete the quote and you'll see something MTV won't teach you... A Metaphor

AEG may have taken our team away in the middle of the night without facing the fans

6. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    Telling the community the team would have to be moved if no owner is found isn't facing the fans?

7. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    point is, the get together sounds like a good idea. We'll try to get down there.

Thanks for the idea.

8. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My son and I will be there. Thanks Michelle. This will be a bittersweet gathering.

9. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you don't get it by now, you never will. But don't worry Naco, take solace in knowing that you're not alone. There are too many BS'ers here to count who cannot think beyond their own simple minds. It's ignorance pure and simple and either you and the other BS'ers refuse to put pieces together to form a whole picture or you all are just unable to do so. I have a feeling it's the latter.

10. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fans did not get a chance to wave bye-bye to the team, while many of us had strong feelings that we were watching the last game at Spartan, no one from AEG came out on the field and said... That's all folks.

That would have been "Facing the Fans" for AEG.

11. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    If you don't get it by now, you never will. But don't worry yalpstel, take solace in knowing that you're not alone. There are too many BS'ers here to count who cannot think beyond their own simple minds. It's ignorance pure and simple and either you and the other BS'ers refuse to put pieces together to form a whole picture or you all are just unable to do so. I have a feeling it's the latter.

Funny how it works both ways, isn't it.

12. Openthegate

Openthegate Member

Nov 29, 2003
    Fremont CA
    My money's on Yalpstel!

13. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Mine, too. :D

14. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    yalpstel and another fi'tty

15. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Naco, you're a cool dude and what you're thinking is legit, but I'll have to go with yalpstel on this.

BTW, I will be heading there from another event, so might be running a tad late.

16. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If you're taling about the AMERICA-atlas game at Spartan that starts at 3:00pm that same day, I may be a little late as well :) . Its going to feel a little weird and sad being at Spartan though ...

17. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah yes... actually, it's a family event for me. ;)

18. davez

davez Member+

Aug 10, 2000
    Mountain View, CA
    Great idea, though I never joined Club Quake, I'll be there with my brother in law, who joined me the last two years at the Quakes games...

19. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Be there for me. I'm a member but can't make it. I will continue as a Club Quake member as long as I can. Have a good time next Sunday.

20. soccer95014

soccer95014 New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    If I'm in town. I'll be there for sure. This week end is a four day week end for my daughter's school, so we may leave town.
    I'm so glad that this is being organized. It's such an empty feeling to think it's over. I was happy to find that the Earthquakes still had a thread on Big Soccer.
    Thanks Michelle.

21. bluenblack

bluenblack New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    San Leandro, CA
    Here's a thought: Would it be prudent to invite any potential investors that SSV knows of to this event to show them the dedication the fans have for the team? What about getting potential investors to attend the US/Japan match? Sorry for hijacking the thread!

22. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Can't make it, but I'll be there in spirit.

23. shoegirl

shoegirl New Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Just wanted to remind everyone about tomorrows Celebration, Club Quake is looking forward to seeing everyone at the Britannia Arms in Almaden from 4-8pm.

We have been given lots of memorabilia to give away at the party from the FO!

Look forward to seeing you there.

Michelle Selincourt
    President
    Club Quake

24. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I am just reading this, and it's 8:56 a.m here in Japan, which means four minutes to four PST, so everyone should be there. Wish I was. Hope Dylan is there to report on it.
    Cheers and GO QUAKES!!!!

25. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I think your 24 hours early, it's not until tomorrow Sunday here in California.

Viva Er Beti y Musho Clash!

Er Pichi