John O'Brien weighs in on Holland

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by subbuteo, Apr 14, 2006.

1. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.goal.com/en-US/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=36607

2. Marco ´´Cangri´´

Apr 15, 2006
    Marco van Basten

I disagree,

Marco van Basten has bring in to many young players. Of course they are very talanted, but we also need the big players like Clarence Seedorf and Edgar Davids. With those two big players and talents like Arjen Robben, Robin van Persie and Rafael van der Vaart, we will defently win the World Cup. We have got (together with Brazil) the most ´´skillfull/technical ´´ players in the world. Holland, Brazil and Cameroon are the only teams in the world that play Beautifull football.

C ya,

Marco

3. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Re: Marco van Basten

clarence seedorf doesn't deserve to be anywhere near ORANJE, and he has nobody to blame but himself fo that

good riddance, i say

4. Marco ´´Cangri´´

Apr 15, 2006
    John O´brien ex speler van Ajax?????????

Are you John O´brien the former left back/midfielder from Ajax????????????

5. Marco ´´Cangri´´

Apr 15, 2006

Why not?????????? He plays very well at AC Milan, Marco van Basten has got to give him a chance

6. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Not this again!

7. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe

seriously, this guy don't know a shit about football.

8. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp

Big names ;)

9. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

And you dont know how to spell football, whats your point ;). J/k, everyone has a right to their opinion :)

10. Marco ´´Cangri´´

Apr 15, 2006

I Agree, good point

11. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

Did you see Barcelona v Milan? Again proving why we don't want Mr Pseudo-Intellectual in our squad.

12. Marco ´´Cangri´´

Apr 15, 2006

He did not play that bad, he had a several good passes on Shevtsjenko and Serginho which could be a goal. And he's a better player than Landzaat and also than Van Bommel. If Seedorf is a bad player why is he playing every match for Milan? And why has he won 3 Champions leagues (4finals)? Normally Van Bommel is a subsitute player for Barca, if Xavi and Deco are back he will be on the bench. I agree he has got a difficult character but at the world cup we will need him!!!!!!!!111

13. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

Let me put it this way: if Seedorf played like Pele I still wouldn't want to see him play for us come the summer.

14. Marco ´´Cangri´´

Apr 15, 2006

Hahaha that's clear,

But at the moment the Dutch midfield is not that strong, players like Davids and Seedorf can solve that problem. But I have to say that he did not play very good games into the Dutch team. But if players like Hofs, Janssen, Denneboom and Van der Bergh are getting a chance than Seedorf defently deserve one.

15. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

OH. MY. GOD.

he was absolute and utter shit, killing numerous dangerous looking rushes forward with his cutesy little tricks and hesitations

16. Marco ´´Cangri´´

Apr 15, 2006

He played well, but next week he will be probably on the bench for Deco. When everybody is fit he's on the bench.

17. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

:confused:

i was talking about seedorf

18. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

ummmm when did van den bergh, hofs and denneboom get a chance to make the WC squad? and janssen has been called all of once

19. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

Van der Vaart, Cocu and Van Bommel will probably be our midfield - sorry but that doesn't look worrying to me in the slightest. Hofs, Janssen, Denneboom and van der Bergh? You're taking the mick now aren't you.

I remember VI doing a player by player analysis after the failed 2002 world cup campaign. Guess who had the worst statistics by a mile? You guessed it, along with the entire Dutch population: it was Seedorf. His ball-losing ability in dangerous places especially is legendary. As was his stubborn penalty taking: I mean for heaven's sake if you've missed three penalties, you'd think you'd start to realise that you're pretty rubbish at it wouldn't you. But you know what, the Dutch could probably live with that if it hadn't been for his self-obsessed, pompous, pseudo-intellectual behaviour off the pitch.

20. Marco ´´Cangri´´

Apr 15, 2006

No, those players were selected under Van Basten, just look into the VI, Van den Begh played actually in a Exhibition match

21. Marco ´´Cangri´´

Apr 15, 2006

Seedorf didn´t play that bad, he had some good crosses on Shevtsjenko, which should have been a goal.

22. Marco ´´Cangri´´

Apr 15, 2006

23. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    My favorite moment of Milan Barca was (well maybe not, but it was notable) the Guily-Ronaldinho counter, where Ronaldinho hit the post. I'll let all of you guess why.

24. Re: Marco van Basten

this comment makes you the stupid idiot.
    I donot want Seedorf in Orange too, but not because he isnot a great player.
    Clarence does not want to acknowledge the fact that he has to subordinate to the tactics the National team coach has laid down. He can and does do that for the club teams he played for, so why he doesnot do that with the Orange team is behind comprehension, but makes him unfit to appear in Orange.
    If he played like Pele, he would be of invaluable worth to the Orange team, so making such a comment only shows you to be a bigot!

25. Marco ´´Cangri´´

Apr 15, 2006

Good point!!!!!!!!!