John Mensah - Rennes

Discussion in 'France' started by English_Gent, Aug 6, 2006.

1. English_Gent

English_Gent New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Reading, England
    Reports over here suggest that there is a very good chance he will sign for Reading before the Premier league season starts.

I have never actually seen him play, can anyone give any thoughts on the guy and if you think he is good enough to play in the Premier League?

2. Anti-footix

Anti-footix New Member

May 30, 2006
    Lyon
    I do not really know how this guy plays, but if he is good enough to play in L1 for Stade Rennais, that means he is good enough to play in the EPL, espacially for Reading.
    and he was a starter for Ghana during the WC, so yes, he seems to be a player that could play for any average EPL team.

3. Persian Luis Figo

Persian Luis Figo New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Good enough for EPL??

90% of Ligue 1's players could easily play in EPL and that includes some who have to be rotation players or backup in their respective Ligue 1 teams but could get a move to EPL and secure first team place like many have done over past few seasons.

Anyways John Mensah is a strong athletic defender who still is relatively young and can improve even further.

He came from Chievo to Rennes only in last January transfer window and played quite a bit of matches in first team and did relatively well too.

I'm a bit surprised Rennes are getting rid of him as he's only been there for half-season and done well in his time but then again the price Reading are playing although for a good player in Mensah is a bit over-rated and from what I understand will be their 'record transfer'! So I can see why Rennes who have no shortage of other quality players have decided to take Reading up on that offer.

4. Kbulldog3

Kbulldog3 New Member

May 2, 2006
    New Jersey
    john mensah is an excellent young, athletic defender and can play in the epl and probably improve