John Barnes on 5

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by Maczebus, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Maczebus

Maczebus Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Didn't know where to post this but watching Liverpool on channel five tonight, I've been driven to it.

Has anyone noticed that John barnes makes the worst presenter ever?
    I mean, we've had our dross..Matthew Wotsit, and the guy with the arms but Barnes tops them all.
    He constantly has the look of a rabbit in the headlights.
    I could go further but it might sound like a personal attack. He's fine being a side-pundit, mind you with Andy 'nationality-whore' Townsend and Big Ron for company, you can only look good.

fin

2. Scouse

Scouse New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Manchester
    he is woeful, you're right

i agree with everything 100%....except for one small thing

big ron's the most hilarious pundit on the telly, he's a legend in my house...

3. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    LOL you're absolutely right. It's truly a new low in TV presenting.

I hate the stilted pauses between everything he says, makes him sound like a malfunctioning robot.

4. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Um Um Ahh Ahh Ahh Ok OK Um Ah AH

5. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Awful, wasn't he?

Mind you - remember Gary Lineker when he first took over 'the chair'?

6. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Channel 5 have already dropped barnes and the other commentary team guys.
    They've been replaced by...

[​IMG]

and..

[​IMG]

7. Is 'the guy withe the arms' Rob Mcaffery who does Goals on Sunday with Chris Kamara? I can't stand him, he gets so exited about nothing and starts flailing his body everywhere.
    I don't like that new guy who does football on Sky either, the young looking one, he's so *#*#*#*#in half soaked. He looks like the type of guy whos Nan knits him mittens for the night games.

8. Maczebus

Maczebus Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Yes, yes. But I'm sure I remember Gary not being quite that awful. Maybe he was and I'm letting that 1986 Golden Boot sweeten my memory.

Is Barnes just doing Liverpool presenting, I haven't seen him elsewhere - well I did see him once with Barry Venison in Southport, but that doesn't count.

9. Maczebus

Maczebus Member

Jun 15, 2002
    I think it's safe to say, the ear-piece is not a friend of his.
    Watching him trying to listen and speak at the same time looks like a bad trip in a bespoke suit.

10. Maczebus

Maczebus Member

Jun 15, 2002
    If it could get worse - this is how.

11. Scouse

Scouse New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Manchester
    i like james whale but as far as i know, he doesn't even like footie...

12. willmott

willmott New Member

yes i have to agree that as much as liked and respected barnes as a player his presenting skills are non exsistant. He doesnt know what is happening and his voice drives me crazy ! Hopefully after his last performance he will be dropped from the presenting game for now and the for seeable future !