Joao Felix: The Prodigy or The Fraud?

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Sumol, Jun 16, 2019.

1. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #251 prodigal_mind, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    "the 3 points". You just revealed a lot about your knowledge lol. Continue your delusional echo chamber

ZOMGZ Atletico parked the bus and scored a corner kick....This proves felix is shit! Surely this is the end of FAILIX!!!!11

verde-rubro repped this.
  2. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Liverpool is not undefeated, Napoli beat them. What a pathetic loser you are just constantly having your life revolve around Felix. Your team has beaten Porto x2, Sporting x2 and Benfica in the past month and you did not make a single post about it LOL

verde-rubro repped this.
  3. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    It is sad how some can take pleasure in a potential upcoming Portuguese star struggling simply because he was not ready (developed) to contribute at the levels required in the big leagues. Same people took pleasure in Sanches struggles. I dont get it. Just because they are Benfica players ? Really ? That is really petty. I dont recall any Benfica fans wanting Figo or Ronaldo to fail simply because they were Sporting prospects. Seriously, lets take our heads out of our asses and think of what is better for our National Team. Yes Felix has been struggling, yes he was sold for way too much. Yes he should have stayed with Benfica for a couple more years but that was not his fault. Its done, lets hope he gets his game back on track the same way Sanches is doing now. Our Nation will only be richer for it.

verde-rubro repped this.
  4. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Yea yea yea, I meant they got the 1 goal lead on aggregate at home.

5. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's not so much that I take pleasure in their failures. It's that it's sickening that Benfica supporters immediately over-value and hype up their own players as "the next Cristiano Ronaldo" without proving a goddam thing. Then, when those players predictably fail, those glory-hunters are nowhere to be found to admit that they were wrong.

Why is it so hard for you to see that?

6. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Also, you neglected to leave out Benfica supporters who enjoy shitting on Sporting prospects as well:

7. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Since when is a 25 year old a prospect lmao. Also i never said he played bad, he just had an average game where he once again mishit many passes. I can make a compilation of them again if you wish

8. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Oh come on. When Sporting were producing all kinds of young prospects I used to read all the Sporting comments and it was normal for them to get excited. Nothing wrong with that. Most of them never achieved anywhere close to what people were saying, no one went back at them for it. As far as any Benfica fans taking shots at Sporting players, that may have to do with getting back at you for your posts. Two wrongs dont make a right either. My point is simple. Its not about the posters, its about our National team.

9. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #259 SCP_16, Feb 19, 2020

Way to completely miss the point, although I'm sure you do that on purpose with your Trump level deflections. I've seen all you guys shit on Gelson, Leao, etc.

All Felix and Sanches have had is mediocre games. They've made careers out of playing mediocre football. Yet, you fail to address that.

10. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #260 prodigal_mind, Feb 19, 2020

Sanches has been one of lilles best players this season. Felix has played as good as anyone else in that Atletico attack. Your logic makes no sense, besting Liverpool off a fluke corner and parking the bus proves Felix is awful!!1! You realize they beat Barcelona in a similar manner with Felix playing. You realize they are 1-1-1 in the league since his injury? Just awful logic. Not one of a stable genius

gelson is awful and he always has been. Leao is consistently benched at every team just like Andre silva. Your points make no sense. I have said plenty of benfica players suck, such as Andre Almeida, Gedson, Pizzi, Grimaldo, Jardel, Seferovic.

i realize this has been a very hard month for you with your team losing the Super Bowl, trumps acquittal, sporting continuing to suck, Bruno being sold. I’m praying for you!

11. grassman

grassman Member

May 18, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Such a damn bucktee.

12. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Again, those are your opinions, which are deeply flawed by your bias. Gelson was great at SCP, not so much after. Leao was showing promise too. Now he's a bum.

Same concept with Felix. Great in Portugal, garbage outside of Portugal. And it shows. Defend him all you want, but the dude is a bum.

As far as Sanches, it took 4 years for him to produce outside of Portugal, and it's in one of the worst leagues in Europe. I'm not convinced.

13. grassman

grassman Member

May 18, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ronaldo was a total bum until 06-07

Gotta shag a few hoes before you GOAT.

14. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    My team beat teams in a soap opera .. Games of no consequence and also won a trophy that fans like you call a beer league trophy, so I do not see a point. Braga cagou vs Rangers with a 2 0 lead. I pay attention to braga in Europe because in that fake TV show league you love, beating all those teams and still being outside a CL spot is so very convenient to the stars of the show.

Let's talk about Jota with a hat trick vs a la liga side. How many of those does your boy have? Lol idiot.

15. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Boom!!!!

Jota > FAILix

16. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #266 prodigal_mind, Feb 20, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    i don’t know how you keep raising the bar for your stupidity. How many goals did jota score in Atletico? Oh that’s right he wasn’t even deemed good enough to be their 4th choice striker and was shipped out. I mean at this point you are just self owning yourself when you try to diss Felix for not scoring a lot in a team that the same coach deemed jota to be to garbage to even give a single game too. So what is your excuse for jota in Atletico ?

also 3-2 in Scotland is a good result.

17. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hahahaha what a joke reply.

I was right all along and now you are talking about player selection from years passed and not current form and stats. How the pitiful have fallen... Even more lol

So Atletico deemed jota not as good as Felix and stats say.. Wow that was stupid and you say... You see Atletico agrees with me! Hahaha youre a joke. Egg on your face and you are now asking for crow to eat.

18. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Come on man, you know thats a weak argument. If social media existed around the time Figo was coming up all Benfica fans would have been shitting on him. Don't pretend benfica fans are on some pedestal above the rest of Portugal. How often do we have to hear from benfica fans that Figo and Ronaldo are actually benfica fans? That they don't care about Sporting? Beyond that, Figo and Ronaldo are both generational talents that brought Portugal to highs we've never seen before, until Sanches and/or Felix do that, there's not much to say.

19. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Try not to post when you are on your depression drinking binge.

So what is your excuse for Jota being failure at Atletico? IF jota is so good why do none of the big teams make offers for him? When you sober up hopefully you can come up with coherent answers

20. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    No you are right there was no social media, what we had (in Toronto anyways) were the Portuguese bars where we use to go to watch the games and there were good talks especially when Portugal was playing. Im not saying that there aren't asswhole Benfica fans. Of course there are, but the majority of the Benfica fans I knew back then admired those players and the prestige internationally they brought our country and our league. If anything most Benfica fans (the true fans) were pissed that Benfica did not produce enough of their own youth.

21. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    Why cant we all appreciate these talents. Arent we all Portuguese?
    this is why I hate many fans of Os Tres Grandes.

I can tell from the trolls here that they have probably never coached, scouted, or played the game at a decent level like I have done

22. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Don't you coach kids?

23. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    Yes, usually u15 level.

24. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Years 12 to 16 are the most important years for development physically and mentally. This age group is where the true teachers of the game are. I tip my hat to you bud

Joe Martelo repped this.
  25. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    I agree and it also helps with my scouting ability. Now that I am divorced I am trying to get into scouting which was also a dream of mine. I recently got back from Madeira and have circulated some scout reports to contacts in Portugal.