Jilted-Ex's to Peseteros & STILL No Striker! - Madrid Transfers/Rumors/Lies #16

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    [​IMG]

That's no ball! It's money... and that pesetero is running after it!

SMH, why can't you be a stand up guy like Kroos. :(

Attached Files:

ahnaf, Deep Pal, temesgen and 1 other person repped this.
  2. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Where is Crimson with the Net Transfer Summary Report. :mad:

3. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    My fav thing about this transfer season is the twats who say di Maria I was the best last campaign. We are going to rob utd again lololol

S1na and libertao repped this.
  4. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He arguably was so I don't see the funny side of that at all. You could make a case for Ronaldo, Pepe, Modric and Ramos as well but imo none of those were as good as DiMaria for the whole season and in our most important games. Selling him was a mistake but now that it's getting done there is no need to dwell only look forward

Deep Pal and dostoevsky repped this.
  5. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Good for ADM, in the end he landed at a big club with a lot of history. Nothing wrong with looking for a paycheck, he has a family to provide for. No reason for the butthurt

babai_here, meringues and Umar repped this.
  6. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Most expensive transfer out ever for us I believe.

This transfer period like last will 'pretty much' set us even with money used/received (at this moment) which should help a lot in reducing our debt even moreso. Can say what you want about UEFA's new rules, but as of yet it has helped us in running Madrid more like a business in the sense that we're not going 'aww to Hell with it, burn more money!' the last few years.

That we didn't try to get Cavani and thus make it possible to sell PSG Di Maria for slighly more value, still makes me believe there's something going on with Falcao. I just don't see us going into the season with only 1 striker. And not going for Cavani (not too shabby for a '2nd striker') is strange considering the situation PSG is in. It would have made more sense for us.....unless there's something arranged with Falcao.

But then maybe Ancelotti meant it that we wouldn't get another striker. :D

7. dostoevsky

dostoevsky Red Card

Sep 14, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He was. Most assists in the whole Europe. Most assists in la liga. All from Central midfield. Running his ass of more than any other Madrid player.

You are displaying a classic defense mechanism.
    Why is everyone back slapping each other on the transfer fee. It's not like Florentino will use that money wisely anyway. James? LOL

We will buy a new toy next season for 90 million and have to sell Isco or whoever

MerlinRM, Hendrix22, ahnaf and 1 other person repped this.
  8. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Fully expect Falcao in Madrid this week. :thumbsup:

We do need other reinforcements though, I'll say it till the transfer window closes our LB situation will come back to bite us in the butt this season. Marcelo and Coentrao on paper looks like a lot of depth for the spot in reality we'll have Arbs playing there bc both will be out with injuries before we get to February. Similarly I don't think Arbs is an adequate replacement for Dani on the right. IMO we should move one of our LBs out, look beyong Arbs for the RB spot and find a DM all in addition to a classic CF.

sleepyvato50, S1na, Lyra and 3 others repped this.
  9. Ananas

Ananas Member+

Feb 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is Sep 1st the last day of transfer for us or is it August 31st?

10. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Illarramendi rumored to be going to Napoli on loan?

11. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    1st September , since 31st Aug is a Sunday .

Lyra and Ananas repped this.
  12. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wouldn't let Illarramendi go anywhere if we lose Di Maria and look like losing Khedira in Jan/next summer.

Nothing seems to indicate that the club is looking for another striker option hopefully when/if Di Maria leaves the club would be open to this. I presume Di Maria took a non-eu spot in the squad? Probably something in that also.

13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Hopefully that "toy" is Pogba. At least that would provide balance in this side lol.

Chinky24, CivilProtection, Anon. and 3 others repped this.
  14. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Nah, I can name three players that were more important than he was aside from stats. And he was offered another contract but doesn't feel the need to stay even prior to any James transfer saga.

Headless chicken. And people will forget that over a string of decent performances.

It's funny cause everyone touting that he is the key to RM apparently haven't watched the past couple seasons of every game. He's far from that and RM can only get stronger.

And going to UTD? Horrible move. Shambles in the back with an overrated manager that will probably be sacked after they finish out of the cl spot, again.

15. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Subs, bummer to see Angel go. Guy was a playmaker and we will miss his improvisation. We lack that now with the personnel we have.

16. kweyork

kweyork Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Di maria had more than a string of decent performances. I agree that his importance to the team is hugely exaggerated. I would argue that modric and ronaldo were more important last season than Di maria.

His story is a good one, inspirational to see how he progressed as a player in such a hostile environment last season. He deserves his big pay day - we should wish him all the best. Madrid will evolve again under Ancelotti we will continue being an elite team in Europe this upcoming campaign.

17. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    See this is what's wrong with people on this forum. It's one extreme or the other. No middle ground.

18. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    #18 MadridForever, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    We have to wait a week. It would be a great surprise that we won't sign at least one player after sell Di Maria.

At this moment we have a short and unbalanced squad

-----------Ronaldo/James-----benzema/jese-------Bale/
    ----------Modric/isco-----------Xabi/illarra-----kroos/kedhira
    Coentrao/marcelo---Ramos/Nacho---Pepe/varane-----carvajal/arbeloa
    ------------------------Navas/Casillas/Pacheco

We have potentially extraordinary starting 11 if all the players are at 100%, but if you want to win la liga or CL you have to have a squad of at least 22 players, 23 with 3 goalkeepers, that is the minimum, some managers like 24-25 players squad with 3 GKs. We have 22 with 3 goalkeepers. It is a short squad for a big club as Real Madrid that will have to play this season more games than any other european team.The last season we finished exhausted with more players and less games.

Of these 22 players, Xabi is 32 years old (with back problems) and he shouldn't/won't be able to play so many games as the last season, Jese will return after a big knee injury, Ronaldo has had knee problems the last four months. And we will have to reckon with the usual injuries/sanctions/low perfomances that happen during a season (Coentrao and Benzema, are examples of a lot of injuries, the first one, or low perfomances periods, the second one, during a season).

I don't like to speak about the past but, for example Mourinho wouldn't accept to start the season with a squad so short, and it will be a great surprise if Ancelotti accept it, so i repeat it would be a great surprise if we don't sign at least a player the next week.

S1na, meringues, CivilProtection and 6 others repped this.
  19. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^ you are missing Modric, but I see your point.

anticule repped this.
  20. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mourinho wouldn't accept it because in my opinion he had more power during his time here and to be honest he rotated much more than Ancelotti.

I also agree i'm uneasy with the amount of players we have, at one point we had too many but if we were to lose Di Maria and talks of other players leaving it would leave us short.

21. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    What middle ground do you want? The fact that I'm hearing people spew shit about Real Madrid being retarded for selling him when scrubs tune into a cl semi and make an opinion based off that? Sick of this shit. Without adm, real will still be as strong, if not stronger. Sure, the qualities of amd will be lost but to me the balance of morale and quality is better off with him leaving. Call it how you want, similar sentiments were felt when ozil left.

And going to utd as well at that. What a regression.

Pretty on par with similar comments about bale. But nah, this is different.

S1na repped this.
  22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    He would throw tantrums though and even Florentino would still ignore. Remember when he wanted us to buy a striker and we wouldn't. Florentino still didn't buy one that summer. So during the season he would kind of sabotage us by playing no strikers.

That winter Florentino finally caved and we finally got Adebayor on loan. We didn't buy him though and he left that summer.

This is why I laugh when people make it seem like Anceelotti has that much control in this situation. He really doesn't. If Florentino wants to avoid spending and balance our books, there is really nothing we can do except look for a cheap loan option.

23. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Loaning Illarra would be insane. We already lack depth in midfield. Although I guess it would explain paying 10 mil for Navas. Iker in goal, Navas in midfield.

sleepyvato50, dostoevsky and anticule repped this.
  24. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think even after selling Angel and Sami we will have a stronger team than last season. Slightly less balanced, but stronger. I don't know how I feel about not signing a backup striker though. Falcao is a bit overkill but we need anyone out there as an alternative.

25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    So your response is to manipulate the facts to make your argument, that makes perfect sense. You know instead of saying, he's a great player, we have enough cover to move forward and we got a great price, you instead spew crap like "had a string of decent performances, wasn't that important to the team, etc". You're so much better than them. Carry on.

Deep Pal repped this.