Jill Ellis is out. Who's coming in? New GM, New Coach

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by TimB4Last, Jul 30, 2019.

1. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    lol. You would have lost your mind if Ellis would have cut Hinkle for being a bigot/team dynamics, even if that's the truth. And that's exactly what Hinkle wanted. WHY DONT YOU GET THAT. WE ALL TOLD YOU THAT. WANT TO ALL CAPS ALL DAY?

Jill, a two time WC champion has proven herself as a brilliant manager.
    Even if she is a woman! am I right?

2. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    QFT. This is pretty easy to understand for all but the most obtuse.

Kevin625 and blissett repped this.
  3. Dfwsoccer01

Dfwsoccer01 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nobody is saying Jill didn’t do a good job leading the team to Word Cup victories.

And stop harping on the woman thing. That’s so annoying when people latch on to specific things they want to twist. Again, I could care less if they hire a man or woman. All I’m simply stating is an opinion in regards to a male coach and getting bogged down with drama. And of course, there’s exceptions to everything. Prime example is Phil Neville. He bring lots of drama to his team.

This board is about people sharing various perspectives/thoughts. That’s all I’m doing. Stop implying I’m sexist.

4. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Because you literally said you hope they hire a man, because a man would be able to handle this team better than woman. that's sexist bro.

McSkillz repped this.
  5. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    kolabear repped this.
  6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    lol,I'll take a middle ground & say Ellis did a good job of pacing our players to the point where they looked relatively fresh as compared to the Dutch in the finals.

at the other hand, we had such a huge advantage over everybody else, do to our popularity & vast infrastructure of woso over here(compared to other countries)

7. Dfwsoccer01

Dfwsoccer01 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I just went through my comments and LITERALLY SAID...”the probability is high if they hire a male coach, they wouldn’t deal with drama”...never once did I say I HOPE!

You are such a time waste. You constantly twist people comments, simply so you can argue. Just stop responding if you’re unable to stop manipulating others comments.....BRO.

8. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Still pretty sexist, tho'...:(

lunatica, McSkillz, ytrs and 1 other person repped this.
  9. Dfwsoccer01

Dfwsoccer01 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Jesus. You guys never quit. Again, I don’t care either way, but there’s a reason for this. I’m not going to debate why or why not (everyone is going to have their own perspective), but I’m simply stating facts.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...eres-why-womens-teams-are-coached-by-men/amp/

Bottom line, all I want is a coach who’s going to have the ability to keep people in line, provide for fair US team camps, and have the ability to be flexible in tactical situations and will continue to evolve US soccer.

10. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    This is getting too easy.

Every post is a smaller barrel with more and slower fish in it.

11. Dfwsoccer01

Dfwsoccer01 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Guess we’ll see what happens. Lol

12. Dfwsoccer01

Dfwsoccer01 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    There’s enough people on this board who share my same thoughts. It’s just the “regulars” who are so entrenched in their beliefs, they can’t see/believe anything else.

And your post basically proves my point on how most of you just love to argue, simply to do it. You manipulate posts, just so your arguments seem legitimate.

13. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can we get rid of the topic of JE and discuss her successor?

McSkillz, TimB4Last, Mojo Jambo and 2 others repped this.
  14. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    On the "coup" thing ..... the women get paid more when the win right? The whole "we don't get paid when we lose" point?

That being the case, it's fairly shocking to me that whenever the the "coup" topic comes up (Sermanni, attempted with Ellis), no one is mentioning that when the WNT loses friendlies, the players lose paychecks. When they're "concerned about the direction of the team" they are most likely equally or more concerned about the direction of their bank account. The current pay structure handcuffs the manager with player call ups/team development.

I know, someone will come back with a statistic about how many players Ellis called in during her term. Ya, the manager can experiment. As long as she wins. Deny the contract players a few of their expected pay checks in the name of development, and things will get nasty.

15. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Goff posted this almost a week ago. Any reason not to announce Markgraf (as GM) now, if she's been selected?

16. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    Similar (although on a much smaller scale) to the handling of Berhalter. We knew it was Berhalter for a long time. But, once you announce the hire, you've got to start paying the hire.

17. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, Jill shows up at a Miami Dolphins' practice, and one of the football writers asks:

This would make a stir, but it's a question that I don't think an actual soccer writer would've contemplated.

18. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's a sign of progress that she was recognized outside the environment we know she generally inhabits. Bruce Arena could show up at a Patriots video viewing session and he might not be noticed.

jnielsen repped this.
  19. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Is this Bruce just showing up because he's Bruce or was he invited to speak like Ellis was because there's no chance Bill lets someone watch a video session with him ?

Auriaprottu repped this.
  20. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    My bad. Heilbrunn simply said she was there, and I assumed it was an open practice she decided to attend.

21. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's hard to tell if she was specifically invited or just recognized at the open practice.

She did address the team but the local reports here in South Florida are silent as to whether it was prearranged...

Auriaprottu repped this.
  22. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why is this thread keep going off track?

This is about the successor, not Jill Ellis.

TimB4Last repped this.
  23. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Without any new information, we have little to discuss.

jnielsen repped this.
  24. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Yes, but there are other threads to discuss other topics.