JH6 Big Winner at CSB!

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Bill-DC, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    Great turnout at the Capitol Soccer Ball tonight. I just got back. Props to Eddie Pope, the Screaming Eagles and everyone who turned out. In the silent auction, I got the MLS All Star autographed shirt. The night's big winner, besides the Eddie Pope Foundation, was our own moderator John Harkes 6, who got the Eddie Pope autographed US World Cup shirt. This was a hot item. Eddie verified it was worn during the Portugal match and the whole team signed it.

It's a nice item, I didn't bid on it but I couldn't take my eyes off it. This shirt will be one great collectible because the US side went to the final 8, the tirt was from one of the most exciting US nats games ever and it's off the back of one of the nicest guys I've had the pleasure of meeting and talking to. Congrats JH6!

Bill-DC.....FORE!

2. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    PS-Kelly had the best Ray Hudson imitation but he lost out to a friend of mine. Both were excellent and funny.

3. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    Angry and Tired

I left Friday morning on the 7am flight to Boston for a meeting with a 3pm return flight. Logan shut down and we were stuck there. Then got to leave but diverted to Philly.

Didn't get home 'til 12, missed the soccer ball, i am so disappointed. I had a fabulous time last year, what an awesome event.

I am glad it was a success and am sorry i missed the Hudson imitations, sounds hilarious.

4. TheInstigator

TheInstigator New Member

Oct 3, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    How much money was raised for the foundation? If I weren't in grad school I would have donated...

(pinky finger extends and touches corner of mouth)

...One millon dollars.

5. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    I would say at least $10K - but thats just my guess on what I know a few items went for

Etch jersey - $550
    Donovan jersey - $300
    WC poster - $450
    At least 20 other items cleared $250

6. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    I think a special mention is in order for Steve Ralston who did a respectable Ray Hudson impression, and got a dig in on Taylor Twellman while doing so.

7. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Ralston's accent was more Scouse than Geordie (not all Northerners sound alike!). It would've won a Ringo Soundalike Contest. He used Ray's line about Twellman being just a poacher.

I admit, I shamelessly went for the cheap laugh (as the old Borscht Belt comedians say, I "worked blue"), so I scored high in the Lewdness category. But Bill is right. Kelly's had the voice much better than I did, so I gladly gave him one of the Newcastle Browns.

Eddie was trying to get Lassiter to join. Apparently he does a good Hudson impression, but he was too shy.

Dave

8. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Kelly choked in the playoffs.

;)

9. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    what is Scouse? an area or a dialect?

10. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Scousers are from Liverpool.

Dave

11. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
  12. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
    Great soccer ball. Good work those involved in putting it on.

I thought Ralston also criticized Twellman's service too, in addition to saying he was nothing but a poacher, saying something to the effect that his service from midfield was crap.

13. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Ralston was roasting Hudson with that comment. I don't think he took too kindly to Ray calling TT "just a poacher".

14. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    Thanks Lanky.

15. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Thanks for the competition, Meridian.