Jesús Marimón

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Froboy69, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is a bit different though. This guy is like 15 no? He's playing regularly in the league with O. Caldas something Falcao never did and James only played like 3 games in the 1st division

2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah...so it is an special case. james and falcao caught the attention of international scouts when colombian wasnt so highly rated as today, Marimon made his debut playing regularly in a time that colombian football is more watche

and i hope that udinese and no english team buy him.

Doogs repped this.
  3. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    haha, that might be true, but youth football in Colombia is incredibly hard. There are lots of mafia and so called "fees" to make players play, even when they possess a great amount of flair. That is one of the reasons why I left my dream of being a professional player and decided to do something else. And regarding my choice of profession, I guess to be a scout in Colombia you need to have a lot of passion for football, and even when I like football, I don´t see myself doing that kind of work. I find most youth tournaments incredibly boring, and even if I might be good at spotting talent, I don't possess the dedication for watching those boring-ass games.

kromekote repped this.
  4. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What are you studying. Id love to be a scout but not sure how it works. Im trying become a sports psychologist. Work on the staff of a team would be amazing. Id gladly watch those boring games.

Thats true about the fees. Theres lots of fishy representatives and groups who go around looking for young talent. Brayan Angulo's told his story about how his career was ruined by 3rd party investors and how they ruined his move to Porto when he was younger

Baal88 repped this.
  5. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I studied medicine, but mostly to have money to do things I like to do, like travelling and learning other languages. I'm also studying translation, but I'm above all a doctor.

Also, I think I grew a bit tired of football, there's just too much trouble to become part of a team if you don't have "friends" in that kind of environment or media.

pepinointer and HomietheClown repped this.
  6. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I was in pre med but switched because i hate math and because i dont want to go to medical school for 50 years.

Although either way im going to be in school for a long time. Ive always had a knack for psych too

7. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I guess that's the advantage of education in Colombia, it is not very expensive and if you're willing to put up with the strikes in the universities you might finish it in 6 or 7 years.

8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well more and more people are bringing up the shadiness and hopefully it all being in the light will get that shit to stop.

9. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The competition here for med school is massive too. Having a 4.0 gpa for med school isn't enough. There's the residency, extra curricular activities etc. A real pain

My friend's dad spent over 10 years before he finished.

10. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

and let's not forget THE DEBT. Folks equate being an MD with lots of $$$. Not the case for all and the loans due at the end of education (early 30s) is insane!

11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think I read somewhere that the Colombian media calls this kid the Colombian Yaya Toure. So the Man Citeh rumors make sense in that regard.

If this kid turns out half as good as Yaya he will be a star.

12. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't think Toure is that special; I think that it's mostly BPL favorism. His stature is simply perfect in a physical league.

13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    in spain he was beast....

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Well. I have seen him score some out of this world goals in the Premiere League.
    I have also seen him do well in the African Nations Cup for Ivory coast.
    If Marimon is anything like him I will personally be very happy.

15. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    A mi me recuerda mas a Abel Aguilar en las epocas de la sub 20 (que parecia que iba a ser un crack, pero acabo siendo unicamente un buen jugador) que a Yaya Toure, a Yaya se puede parecer fisicamente, mide como 1.88 y es muy musculoso, pero en su juego piensen en Abel Aguilar, solo que mas rapido, y con los mismos problemas fisicos.

16. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008

Baal88 repped this.
  17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Abel si lo hubiera formado un mejor equipo que en los prestamos constantes de udienese, a la b y a la liga adelante. Hubiera sido un jugador mejor consolidado.

Abel viendo su ausencia gigante,es mas que un buen jugador,

Doogs, Cruzifero and Baal88 repped this.
  18. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Estoy de acuerdo en que para Colombia es un jugador indispensable, da una pausa que nos hace falta, por eso todos esos maricas acabaron con calambres ayer, se desgastaron demasiado en el primer tiempo. Y sin duda, si lo hubiera comprado otro equipo, o se hubiera ido a Argentina, quien sabe, estariamos hablando del mejor volante de Colombia, y no de uno que se la pasa lesionado.

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Que injusto que a abel le haya tocado llegar donde la familia pozzo que lo mando de gitano por toda españa. Y a tello lo compro la juve.

Ojala marimon tenga un destino similar

20. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    ombe lo que cambian los tiempos, ahora tenemos montones de jugadores en inferiores europeas, y que Andres Tello (un man que me parece un desastre en cualquier posición), haya llegado a Juventus no me habla muy bien del fútbol actual, lo único que tiene Tello es su capacidad física, es nulo para todo lo demás, yo es que no veo forma de que este man llegue a jugar en el primer equipo de la Juventus, no entiendo esta vaina.

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Esa gente le debe ver un potencial, que no explotado...yo no le veo futbol, pero eso de ser polifuncional no es gratis.

Y pues si lllego por fama, no fue por culpa del futbol actual,. llego por ser del pais de falcao, james, cuadrado ............desde hace cuanto han llegado alla a robar argentinos, en nombre de ser paisanos de maradona

krass repped this.
  22. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pues es polifuncional para jugar mal en cualquier parte, porque de lateral es un desastre, y de mediocampista 9 de cada 10 jugadas que empieza acaban en contragolpe del equipo rival. Jaja, creo que exageré un poco, pero tu entiendes a lo que me refiero.

23. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    hahahahaahaha donde comen dos comen tres!

pepinointer repped this.
  24. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    The Yaya comparison sounds a lot like the "next Messi" monikers you hear about every diminutive attacker coming out of Argentina. Pick the best known player from that country or in that position. I see nothing of Yaya in Marimon. Toure is a one-man midfield, talented in every area. He can organize and dictate a team's offense from the center of the pitch, Marimon cannot. Not yet anyways.

The main reason I hate that Yaya comp is because Marimon plays EXACTLY like Toure's partner, Fernandinho. Strong but fast, quick to jump on receivers of the ball, puts opponents on the ground even when winning the ball cleanly.

SoyDelMustang, Doogs and Baal88 repped this.
  25. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia