Jersey Thread: Amor à Camisola!

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by GoodDead, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Really does, doesn't even look like a Jersey, more like a long sleeve shirt. I like...I like..

2. alfredo1

alfredo1 New Member

Jun 20, 2006
    germany
    i have to say, as the alternative shirts have been white for a long time, that the black one is really beautiful. i do like the white ones, but this is something new and i prefer it to the red one...

3. alfredo1

alfredo1 New Member

Jun 20, 2006
    germany
    beeing benfica fan is not the reason, but my lots of shirts i own, mostly in the pro versions, that give me a certain possibility to compare the cloth...

4. alfredo1

alfredo1 New Member

Jun 20, 2006
    germany
    nice one. i like it very much, but even mor the white ones. still missing in my collection... :(

5. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  6. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I just got my 1970's Portugal jersey from toffs.

[​IMG]

http://www.toffs.com/invt/3061

Two words: ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!

The fit is great, the collar is very unique, you don't find it like that nowadays. It's fantastic. My first day out with it I got a few complements on it, it goes great with jeans or shorts. Cloth is a bit heavy to be wearing on the hotter summer-days, but the collar space probably helps ventilate the body, so I'm not sure, but I myself wouldn't take it out during the summer. But it's great for fall-through spring. It's bar-none my favorite jersey that I've ever owned. And I'd recommend Toffs to anyone. They told me it'd be on backorder for a month, got it within two weeks, fantastic shipping.

CSD, it might cost some money, but I'm telling you, if you can stock this shirt in your store, you will sell it out easily. It's simply the best Portuguese jersey money can buy on the face of the planet, If I had the money, and the shamelessness, I'd buy 7 so I could wear a clean one every single day of the week.

7. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

cool, that is a nice jersey.

8. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'd like to but currently we carry 2 similar fabric Portugal retro jerseys (from Copa) on our site and the truth is we got killed with the Shipping and specially the High Customs charges from this order from Belgium; also we are slightly under-selling these (we charge $59.99 US and yours was 34.99 GBP which equals about $68 bucks). But I don't want to jack up the price and since these are short-sleeve I expect to sell them better when Spring and Summer arrives.

Here's what I'm talking about:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah, but the 1970's Portuguese jersey is a lot better looking.

I like the first jersey, but truth be told, I could get a similiar product for half-the cost. I didn't decide to buy the jersey I did over price, but sheer quality, I saw your products, but the white away is something very unique, and as far as I know, there's a good chance I'm the only person with this jersey on this side of the atlantic. I paid more, but it was well worth the extra 5 bucks. The only bad thing was the shipping, but even then, they got a back-ordered item to me within 2 1/2 weeks. I'm not saying your current products aren't great, but for my tastes, the white away is ultimately more fashionable, and for me, that always has some say in my purchasing decisions.

10. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I got the Long Sleeve '66 home...Love It!

11. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CSD, what is you website address?

12. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  13. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    [​IMG]
    United States NT 3rd Jersey

Decent looking jersey, although I think it would look better in red.

14. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    wow they get third jersies now lol

Portugal should have a white third jersey

15. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    They also have a "Don't Tread on Me" jersey which is red with a white and blue sash.

[​IMG]

16. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nike is also coming out w/ a 3rd jersey for Brazil...

17. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'm guessing it's going to be white? Nike should come out with a royal blue or a white one with royal blue numbers for Portugal.

BTW, what are your thoughts on that U.S. 3rd jersey CSD?

18. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    last time I heard Nike was still waiting on the CBF (Brazilian Federation) to make up their minds on the color (and this was months ago)... funny and true story: Nike suggested they choose white, but CBF countered they have not used that color on their jerseys since they lost the WC to Uruguay (in the 1930s)... Nike responded: perfect opportunity for you guys to prove to the World you are as good as you claim to be by fighting thru those Dark spirits you might have from that time and use these white jerseys...

To this day I do not know their decision.

About the US 3rd jersey: I do not like it, perhaps if it had less white stripes it would look better

19. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    BTW, SPT TV channel in conjunction with my website will be running a special promotion (I think the upcoming week) where we will give out a total of 20 Portugal NT jerseys for the 1st 20 people that correctly guess the final score of the Benfica-Porto game. Stay Tuned to that channel for more details! ;)

20. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    yuck.

The fans have been screaming for a red jersy and all they got was the one time "don't tread on me jersey"

Nike does whatever they want. But at least they don't cookie cut no more.

21. manichefan

manichefan Member

Mar 30, 2005
    NJ
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hey CSD-

Are you getting any more of those red Braga zip up sweaters any time soon? By the time i got to your store all that was left was small and medium. I know they are hard to come by, but if you get them in again i would def take one.

22. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We will most likely have some more when September comes around, believe it or not it was one of our Braga best sellers; we had people in California ordering them over the internet! :eek:

I didn't know GoodDead had family in the West Coast! :D

23. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ROFLMAO:D :D

24. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    LMAO

I had no idea either.

25. ceez76

ceez76 New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    NJ
    Hey Guys,
    Anybody know what time is the Portual-Belgium game on Saturday?