Jersey Thread: Amor à Camisola!

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by GoodDead, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Continue the fun here.

I say we get CSD to give us an update!

2. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    here's a quickie: Official #s and letters for Portuguese clubs should be in next week, same for Academica, Beira-Mar, U. Leiria, Braga and Rio Ave jerseys. We should receive a shipment of Benfica gear including the warm-ups (BTW adidas apparently didn't make XXL sizes for the alternate and Long-sleeve jerseys :confused: )
    My nephew gets back to work this week so look for our website to get updated w/ new gear and pictures.

More info. / updates during the week if I get them.

3. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    SPLENDID!

4. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Thanks CSD...I don't believe you mentioned but will you have SCP alternate Jerseys in youth sizes?

It's almost time for the annual trip to the store:D

5. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I read somewhere that the Bwin company does not allow for other internet gambling sites to advertise in the League meanning Sportingbet will be removed from Braga's jerseys.

They played today with no sponsor on....to me it's kinda classy I don't mind, we are like Barcelona...save for the Titles, money, glory:eek:

Meanwhile Barcelona finally put on a sponsor for the CL, actually more like they are doing some charity by putting UNICEF on their CL kits as a way to support the organization. Damn if I was Spanish no question I would be a Braca supporter because they are 'Mes Que Une Clube'

6. alfredo1

alfredo1 New Member

Jun 20, 2006
    germany
    hi there.
    if anyone is interested in player shirts of sporting, braga and setubal, please contact me as a collector asked me if i know somebody who could be interested in one of four shirts he has of these teams.
    details will be given by me if somebody is interested. just pm me

7. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Another update CSD?:D

8. furso

furso New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Lisboa
    Sorry, but I don´t understand what is this thread for! :eek:

9. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    its for discussing things related to soccer jersies.

10. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You're in luck! I actually have some MENS FEDERATION TEE-BLACK in sizes XL and XXL on the way. We also have the white and red Federation Tees we got from Portugal and I think we're the only ones in the US and Canada that carry them. Also, Lacatoni's order should be here by next week (not including the Braga home and away jerseys). We're also getting Braga warm-ups and some nice official Braga hooded jackets. Legea is screwing it up right now, they say the order "should" be ready by the end of htis week (where did I hear that before?:eek: ).
    A bunch of Benfica stuff will be coming in possibly by the end of this week including jackets, warm-ups, home Long-Sleeve jerseys, the away jersey and a nice reversible top seen here:

[​IMG]

more to come

PS: got the OK this past week from Patrick-FRANCE to buy Patrick jerseys (Belenenses, nacional and Pacos de Ferreira). Order was placed, now let's wait a couple of months before we get an answer from Portugal :D

11. oteixeira

oteixeira Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Middlesex, NC
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Any news on the Yellow Sporting in XXL? Also, hearing that Beira-Mar is going to change Jersey designs mid stream here, so are tehy going to ship you something, or wait on the new design?

Thanks,

Orlando

12. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Coincidentally I just got off the phone w/ Puma Portugal. They are backed order on the away jerseys in sizes S, XL and XXL until the 1st week of December. That doesn't sound right, Puma is not doing a very good job considering this is the very 1st year they got Sporting. You would think they would want to impress!
    As for Beira-Mar, exactly what and where did you hear? Legea assured me we would be getting the new Beira-Mar jersey so I really don't know what to tell you. BTW, did you like the Maniche jersey?

13. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    CSD there has been some conflicting reports regarding the SCP Puma jerseys. Can you confirm if the SCP patch is an "embroidered" one or a flat "iron on" type patch.

I read a review of the jersey on Soccer.com and the buyer was annoyed that they advertised the embroidered patch but shipped the flat iron on type. Here is a picture of the embroidered patch so you know what I mean:

[​IMG]

14. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    JLR, these are not embroidered, they are ironed on and doesn't do justice to any emblem (even if it is Sporting's :rolleyes: )
    Like I said Puma is not impressing, as a side note and this my knock my Sporting warm-up sales, they're ugly (the color, and the fabric on the pants is weird). Also, as was true in (my own opinion) the WC, Puma's fabric on the jersey has to be the cheapest, most fragile out there. And Puma's Suggested Retail Price on their Home jersey is $75 (Nike's $70, Adidas $65 and to me Nike is the best)

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The nicest new jerseys have to be the Porto white/blue. Porto Red...and the Sporting Yellow.

16. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    don't go there Joel!:eek: It's not red, it's ORANGE!

17. oteixeira

oteixeira Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Middlesex, NC
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I loved the Maniche, too bad he didn't play in the most recent games, but we'll see him back on the NT soon! As for the Beira-Mar info, I read it on the Beira-Mar forum:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9599962&postcount=167

I acutally hope it isn't true, I would hate a bumble bee jersey, I actually like the White/Yellow that they wore this weekend (Week 1 & 3) better then the all Yellow jersey. If they ever ship to you I will have to make a choice! :eek:

Orlando

18. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    wasn't there a NASL team back in the late 70s that had similar uniforms?

19. oteixeira

oteixeira Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Middlesex, NC
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  20. SouLeao

SouLeao Member

Nov 13, 2005
    Toronto
    Did you get any info on the Sporting long sleeve away jerseys?

21. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    sorry guy, forgot to ask but it's pretty safe to assume they won't have them. Puma doesn't pursue that market. Adidas did a good thing w/ Benfica this year (in Portugal, of course). Nike is doing it for Portugal NT (home and away) in January or February 2007, Barcelona, Man Utd next month so it would be nice if they come up w/ the Porto LongSleeve but I don't see it happening any time soon...

22. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    From reading all the post by Chops i gather one thing.

Puma sucks!!!:D

23. oteixeira

oteixeira Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Middlesex, NC
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Comon Devils,

How can a company that puts 20 emblems per each jersey suck?? :rolleyes:

Orlando (Wishing now Sporting went to a different company)

24. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Not because they sponsor Esportem, but when i saw the Puma Jerseys at the WC i didn't like them....I just prefer Nike or Adidas.

25. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I forgot to mention that even on the warmup the emblem is ironed on.