News: Jersey Reveal - Feb. 25th-26th

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by JasonMa, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Virginian

Virginian Member

Sep 23, 1999
    Denver, Co
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they only let me pick one team. jerks

2. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I too think that if you took away the faux C it could easily be an RSL away shirt, but the blue they are using actually reminds me of some of Arsenal's blue away kits from years past.

3. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kinda like the short sleeve version of the alternate kit. They went away from the obvious idea which would've been to make the kit a full on Colorado flag. This works.

5. Bridgeman

Bridgeman Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 25, 2006
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yay...Rockie Hockey...

6. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I don't hate it. I think it will be unique for MLS and applaud the concept and the attempt.

I just agree with others here that the details could have been handled better.

m vann repped this.
  7. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, it doesn't look like an away that RSL has ever worn (They've all been white), but it definitely looks reminiscent of some of their training gear. Without the defining parts of the flag really being there this fails as a "state flag" shirt.

[​IMG]

RapidStorm repped this.
  8. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Also, while I don't like the RSL similarities, fact is: the Rapids didn't choose the colors for the state flag. Given the options our forefathers left us, 2 would look just like RSL (yellow would look like their alternate jersey from a year or two ago, and blue is above) and the third option would look just like our current kits.

9. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dropping the yellow stripes alone would go a long way in not looking like a FSL kits/training gear. Somebody posted this on Facebook:

[​IMG][​IMG]

There's a lot you can do with those 3 colors without the former looking so much like the latter.

10. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    No arguments here.

Here's my attempt:
    [​IMG]The gold is encapsulated by the c-shape of the collar, nodding to the relationship of the C and the sun on our flag.

Here's without any gold piping:
    [​IMG]

Jasonma repped this.
  11. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right, but the colors aren't what make the Colorado flag the colorado flag. The most iconic part of the flag is the Red C with a gold disk. White strip is the finishing touch, but isn't absolutely necessary. Heck that t-shirt being sold forgoes the white stripe, but you know it is colorado because of the Red C with the gold disk. You put that in and there is no confusion even with the gold adidas stripes (although they are probably the most RSL like part of it).

Jasonma and RapidStorm repped this.
  12. dismemberment

dismemberment Member

Dec 10, 2007
    colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the badge should be yellow or gold w/e the color is. the c should be alot bolder. i dont get this kit will have to grow on me.

13. dismemberment

dismemberment Member

Dec 10, 2007
    colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is what i thought we'd see these look waaaaaaay nicer and 120$$ worthy

14. dismemberment

dismemberment Member

Dec 10, 2007
    colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they have to go with the first one next year. looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then what they've done i go tno idea why they even did it like that maybe it would be to distracting with a sponsor. but theway the kits are desgined i just dont see a sponser fitting on our kits with out sacrficing the supporter namees and the colorado c.

but these kits here are10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times better then this yellow one rsl fans are really upset we took there 2006 look.

15. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The second block of supporter names on the front of the primary lit, which would be covered by a sponsor, aren't names. It just says Colorado Rapids over and over. Probably specifically to avoid wiping out season ticket holder names if they get a sponsor this year.

16. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    absoluely love the 2nd version with our old sky blue KC stole from us.

Anyone know how much input teams get with Addidas?

17. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Yea the morons in charge of RSL decided to use the colors of the Colorado state flag. It's the Rapids fault for that. - As stated on MLS forum, and iterated by Quinn.

18. xingyiz

xingyiz Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I just can't believe how no one involved in making this jersey didn't think of the resemblance to the RSL gear. It's amazing to see how much just the white stripes change the look away from that resemblance. There are too many ways to still implement the colors and design of the flag without making it look like a RSL abomination. Nope this jersey will not grow on me, but, I do hope the the Rapids play well in it.

Jasonma repped this.
  19. xingyiz

xingyiz Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
  20. xingyiz

xingyiz Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Just so the flag part wouldn't cover up a sponsor I wondered what it would look like on the side. This is using paint in 5 minutes so yes it could be much better or heck we could just have one that goes way out of character and looks like a finger painting design. Anyway, I might get rid of striped sleeves and just have a stripe down once side with flag C. Could be smaller or placed differently for sure. Maybe fade the white stripe near the bottom into blue. Anway, I'm done playing with this. It is what it is. I was just envious that others could create better versions than the real one so I had to play too. :) Oh and I know you'd have do have the adidas symbol in there on the stripe probably.

21. Big Chil in Denver

Sep 10, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The new away kit looks a bit superhero-ey.

22. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One thing I'll say, based on numerous Facebook comments, is that the Rapids did a lousy job explaining the use of this jersey. Many, many people are going to be surprised when we wear what they think is our 3rd/alternate jersey for most of our road games and never have a different road jersey in burgundy and white...

23. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really don't think thats the Rapids fault. You're not giving nearly enough credit towards the massive amounts of stupidity Facebook is capable of.

jayd8888, m vann, Jasonma and 1 other person repped this.
  24. dismemberment

dismemberment Member

Dec 10, 2007
    colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so out of the 18 away's we are going to wear this one 12. then other 6 use the real away kit lol wtf.

25. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, but they did bring it on themselves a bit by calling it their "alternate" jersey. Either call it secondary (as MLS is doing this year) or away (as was done in the past). Alternate in just about every context that most people know means a third jersey.

TeleRock repped this.