Jerry Rice traded to Seattle

Discussion in 'Football' started by Chizzy, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Chizzy

Chizzy Member+

She/Her
    United States
    Aug 7, 2003
    Upper Left, USA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like the exodus from Oakland has begun. :(

Also, on a related note, many of you know that my favourite AFL (Aussie Rules) team is Geelong, and one of the Cats' biggest star players, Ben Graham, last week made it known that he's trying out with several NFL teams for next season.

I think the Raiders could use him-- and not as a punter. Can he play quarterback? Anything would be a step up from Kerry Collins at the moment. :eek: Seriously, Benny's a good enough athlete to play any of several key positions.

But back on topic (and believe me, my tangent on Geelong's Ben Graham has a point)... my Raiders have a lot of problems right now, and looks like Jerry Rice has (for the moment) been made a convenient scapegoat for them. Rice wasn't a sore spot on the team, and the Raiders' problems are a lot more wide-ranging than cutting loose a Hall of Famer in waiting would fix.

Meanwhile, if this winds up being Rice's swan song season, he's got a very good chance to go out on top by getting a ring with Mike Holmgren in Seattle.

3. SherwinRazmy

SherwinRazmy New Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Ya the Raiders need a complete revamp with their team. Our D is terrible and our O is not doing much to help out. Giving up 31 to denver home is insane!

4. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're playing New Orleans at home this week. If Derrick Brooks gets on a roll, I wouldn't be expecting much relief, really. :(

But of course, the way that our 'D' played last weekend against Denver, that would prove to be a welcome sight for any opposing QB or offense that's in a slump.

Kerry Collins would have to play mistake-free football against the Saints-- and to ask for that to happen as a panacea for the Raiders' woes, that would be asking a lot.