Jeremy Hinzman, US Army Deserter, applies for refugee status

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by DoyleG, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    UN always had a balance with dictators. Let them rule. They kill to the point and then we'll talk.

The problem with Iraq, is that Hussien could have done whatever he pleases. It was the UN who got backed by the Arab world that protected him. When the Arab world did the same things, they got there benefeciars such as France who sucks there oil, Russia who sells them Volgas and Germany who has huge trade offices from Casablanca and Dubai to protect them.

I laugh sometimes why France-Germ-Russia defended Iraq. If they were out of oil, than i would see some crazy/scared french soliders in Falluja today!

2. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    There was a segment on this tonight on CBC as well as an interview done on 60 Minutes Wednesday.

The decision on his application is said to be 6-8 weeks from now.

3. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    I caught the 60 Minutes piece. While I'm against this war and can sympathize with the kid a bit, this ain't Vietnam, where you're drafted. You have to take into account when you enlist that the administration may not always undertake actions you agree with.

4. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The funny thing was that he signed on to be a paratrooper knowing that he would be one of the first sent to a battlezone. Guess the Jump Pay was a bit of an enticement.

5. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
    Another humerous bit is his main witness, who has completely purjured himself on the stand testifying on behalf of this sh!theel. His main witness, you know, the guy who said his squad killed more than 40 innocent Iraqis in 24-48 hours, claims he was a sniper platoon SGt. Funny thing is, he has never been to S/S school, let alone STA indoc. Why does he think he is a sniper platoon sgt? Because he drove a humvee that had a sniper team in it. How fvcking rich. He was pulled from the front lines quite rapidly when he was found to be mentally unstable. Now he's running off to Canada spouting BS of the highest order. He makes the wonderful author of Jarhead the second coming of Chesty Puller.