Jefferson Lerma - News and Comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Baal88, Aug 13, 2015.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    agree but, daniel torres is a very normal player, that colombian press wants to sell like a world class player and best player of the league. even santa fe without him won a international cup, i dont know if he was son important as press form bogota wanted to show, when your team replaced you so easy with a guy of boyaca chico called gordillo

I prefer to lose with yougnsters like celis, cuellar, perez and lerma than a 27 years old , with precedents of alcholism and with no caps in colombian youth system. (his match agianst argentina was horrible)

Azucarero, J-Mezzy and pibe10 repped this.
  2. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Look, I do agree that there is Mejia of Nacional and Mejia of the NT. But until now, we didn't really have someone to replace him. He was and still is the best DM in the league. And by mean the best I also think about experience, leadership etc. Not only his pure abilities. In the NT it doesn't work so much. Of course that Sanchez, Valencia are better then him and Balanta should be better also if he'll perform in this role (his first role in River). However, Cuellar to me is more like Abel, not Mejia. Mejia is less better offensivelly yet to me he is much better defensively. Again, from what I see every week. Cuellar also doesn't have too many games in the NT to judge. Celis as well. Celis wasn't invited yet to judge. So on paper they MAY be better, but we don't really say until we see. As for Daniel Torres, I didn't mention him because I think the same as @pepinointer . He was even less good then Mejia in the 2nd part of the last semester and we need to judge them by their club form, no? He gave a good game? Great, it still doesn't mean that he'll continue like that, again, because he doesn't have too many NT matches. if you ask me, I'll pick Mehia anyday on Torres's behalf.

As for Lerma, I think that you overreacted with Abel being a world class for us. Yes he is very important, but world class?? His injury wasn't the reason (or the main reason) that we looked like shit so far. It may be coincidence, but we all know that it really not the main reason. I said and still think that he has POTENTIAL to be better, it doesn't necessary say that he will be better. But before Lerma, for Abel's role, I would give the spot at thew moment to Sebas Perez who is really amazing, just need to prove it in yellow. But for the main problem which is a true "5", we have much more serious problem then to throw kids like Celis, Cuellar, Lerma whatever in the near future.

Azucarero repped this.
  3. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Precisely this, Pibe. Until you see them on the field everything is conjecture. The thing is, we HAVE seen Mejia on the field. We've seen Mejia on the field A LOT. Can you name good performances by Mejia? I can't... The solution is to try others until one proves himself capable. That Mejia is the "best" DM in FPC doesn't mean other DMs in Colombia might not be better than him in international futbol. That kind of thinking will lead to disaster...

I said Abel HAD world class potential. He had 4 goals in two official SNT tournaments by the time he was 20. He captained two of the most successful generations of Colombian sub 20s ever. He made the jump to Europe while still sub 20 at a time when we could count the amount of Colombians in European clubs on one hand.

Abel was one of the most promising players Colombia ever produced. I know he's not world class now. But remembering his entire career helps keep things in perspective. 1. You say Perez can be better than Abel. Fine. At that age, Abel had MUCH more potential than Perez can ever hope to have. It shows you how funny projection and potential can turn out to be. 2. Even though Abel is nowhere near world class, he's proven to be an incredibly valuable player for Colombia. Again, this shows just how funny projection and potential can turn out to be.

jay luis and J-Mezzy repped this.
  4. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    I think Torres is a decent player. Yes, in terms of ceilings and floors, I don't see him becoming any better than he is today.

The fact of the matter is that Sanchez is our only reliable guy in central midfield these days. Unfortunately everybody else who's played is either injured (Abel, Valencia), shockingly inconsistent (Guarin), or too old (Aldo). We're left with two other guys: Mejia who's trash. And Torres who played 1 fantastic match and 1 forgettable match. Given what we've got, that 1 good match means A LOT.

Also, using the lack of youth team caps to dismiss Torres is pretty weak. Neither Sanchez nor Cuadrado were ever capped. Yes, the youth teams have always been the main pipeline for the senior squad. But you and I both know the clowns who have been running those youth squads for the past 10 years.

I like each of the players you mentioned and hope they get chances sooner rather than later. I fully expected Cuellar to start one of the qualifiers... Perez has resurfaced. Lerma is doing his thing in a tough league.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #130 pepinointer, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    yeah sanchez , teo and cuadrado werent in youth NT but they were called to the senior with 22 years, not with 26 like this guy....with that age he havent been able to play outside the league, the 3 others yes.......

agree. lara and piscis are clowns that havent called up many players for the youth , but that players in one year proved that the coach were wrong

6. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Levante se la está creyendo en este partido, ya van perdiendo (como cosa rara) pero estan llegando con mucho peligro al area de Sevilla. Lerma ha disparado una vez alto y en otra oportunidad la defensa rechazó antes de que pudiera rematar.

7. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Reemplazado en el minuto 63, estuvo en su linea de regularidad, pero la verdad es que jugando como interior no es tan efectivo. 3-1 el partido en estos momentos.

8. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Levante en la desesperación por no descender ha contratado a 4 jugadores de experiencia, Rossi, Verduras, Mediano y Orban, todos buenos pero casi que sin ritmo de competencia. Ya vere!los en 2 semanas si los jugadores se adaptan y empiezan a remontar.

9. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #134 Baal88, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    Hoy titular contra Barcelona. La mejor oportunidad de Levante fue un pase de Lerma que Morales remató al palo. Pierde 1-0. También se comió una clara, que lástima.

Levante lo intenta pero no le alcanza.

10. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #135 Baal88, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    Bueno. Acabó 2-0 a favor de Barcelona. Sin embargo, este equipo me da esperanza. Con Rossi y contra equipos que no manejen tanto el balón como Barca se pueden sacar puntos. Lerma jugó todo el partido pero como acumuló 5 amarillas no puede jugar el próximo, una lástima porque en estos momentos esta hecho un animal, si no es el mejor del Levante esta en el top-3. Cuero jugó los últimos 5 minutos, pero no aportó.

ryu79, pepinointer and lurkerhp repped this.
  11. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    pepinointer repped this.
  12. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    I don't get it. The playoffs coincide with the Fifa dates. What Levante matches would he miss?

The only explanation I can think of is that Piscis plans to gather the group for a week or so prior to the international dates. If that's the case, qualification is in severe jeopardy. Our best players play huge roles for their clubs: Quintero, Borre, Preciado, Celis, Balanta, Jarlan, Roa etc.

13. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Tienes razón con lo de las fechas, me imagino que no lo va a convocar porque Piscis probablemente lo quiera una semana antes o algo por el estilo, y Levante juega el 19 o 20 de marzo contra Deportivo. Al fin y al cabo Piscis tiene 3 manes de confianza que casi con seguridad no iba a dejar de convocar por Lerma, y si quiere a alguien con experiencia y similar a Lerma tiene la opción de Wilmar Barrios, que es el líder del mediocampo de Tolima.

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Restrepo is probably just going to call up Colombian League players and maybe other Leagues in this hemisphere as he did in that Asian tournament in November. And he is going to have to do that in February for the friendly against Honduras.

So since that team has the most chemistry I doubt he will bring in players from Europe.
    But who knows what he is thinking in that head of his?

15. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Buen partido hoy del Levante, ganaron 3-0 contra el Getafe y estan a 2 puntos de la salvación. Lerma jugó todo el partido de lateral derecho, muy bien como todo el equipo. Cuero entró en el segundo tiempo por Morales, la figura del partido.

HomietheClown repped this.
  16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Lateral derecho eh?

I did not see that coming. Makes him more valuable to Pekerman if he can play multiple positions. I hope he gets called up soon.

17. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #142 Baal88, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    Pues este es el 4to partido que juega en esa posición y lo hecho bien, pero como dije anteriormente, el ofensivamente como lateral no aporta mucho y no lo culpo, Levante tiene una defensa muy endeble y casi que te garantizo que aporta mas en un puesto que no es el suyo que otros 2 laterales que tienen por esa banda, al menos defensivamente, como lateral cuando sube lo que hace es distribuirla hacia el centro e intentar cortar las jugadas lo mas arriba posible para crear contraataques. A mi me sorprende cada vez más este man, yo no habia visto un jugador colombiano así de maduro con 21 años, de pronto Falcao y Cordoba. Brinda seguridad donde lo pongan.

pepinointer, ryu79 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pierden 3-0 contra Villarreal, Lerma jugó todo el partido y Cuero jugó casi todo el segundo tiempo. Demos por descendido al Levante de una vez, puede que matemáticamente hallan esperanzas, pero es que en las proximas 3 o 4 fechas tampoco van a sacar puntos (Real Madrid, Real Sociedad, Valencia y Deportivo la Coruña), cuando mucho algún empate.

HomietheClown repped this.
  19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Who cares Villareal and Sevilla want him. He is getting a ton of experience and making s good name for himself

Feel bad for Cuero but also it blows my mind they paid more for him then teams were offering for Perciado who is much better; younger and has more goals.

20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Does it really blow your mind? Cuero was playing well in Argentina.

21. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ni siquiera juegan en la misma posición.

pepinointer repped this.
  22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Yup.
    Cuero drifts out towards the wing a lot.

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    lo dije desde las primeras fechas aqui. pocos goles y muchos goles en contra

24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Levante has a buy option on him but Huila still gets a nice chunk of any transfer. This is a smart move by Huila wish more of our teams would do this instead of sending our players to die in Mexico

25. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ayer jugó contra el Real Madrid y no lo hizo del todo mal, jugó como interior derecho practicamente, tuvo un par de centros buenos y un remate que se fue muy desviado.

Esta es una compilación que hicieron de su partido contra el Barcelona en Febrero.

pepinointer repped this.