Jefferey Flanagan

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by rallen, Nov 7, 2003.

1. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Oh give me a break. He made an ignorant comment. Whether he did it on purpose to get responses or he just likes poking fun, he should at least know when he's wrong. As I said in my email to him, he obviously has the right to poke fun at a sport for the simple fact that he doesn't like it but at least get your facts correct.

2. rallen

rallen New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Shawnee, Ks
    another email try

I tried again and emailed Flanagan. I forwarded the Wizards email. Then I wrote a email as follows;

"I did not see you at the Wizards game. Did you by chance happen to show up? I know of at least 2 invitations to come to the game and see for yourself.
    A little more information on the 20 soccer fans in KC. There are going to be 2 watch parties for the Wizards game this Saturday. I forwarded to you the Wizards email newsletter. 2 watch parties for only 20 fans? I don't think so. Get up from behind your desk and check out what you are writing about. And yes, I do believe that the press will goat someone into saying something that they would not like to say, just like the press will say something that is totally off base and wrong."

The last line was in response to a line in his column this morning about Kellen Winslow.

I'm about ready to start a Jefferey Flanagan boycott. Anyone else interested?

3. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    Re: another email try

I don't read his stuff to begin with. The Star is not a the most reliable of sources in any of their reproting.