Jared Borgetti ties Hermosillo and Hernandez to become alltime goalscorer for Mexico

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Deleted USer, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I am reall happy for Jared.

Luis Hernández: 35
    Carlos Hermosillo: 35
    Jared Borgetti: 35
    Enrique Borja: 31
    Cuauhtémoc Blanco: 30
    'Zague': 30

This just comes to show you, America debuted Hermosillo, Zague, and Blanco. Borja debuted with Pumas, but his best days were with America. And they say America doesnt work with youth. HAHA :D J/K this isnt about America, this is about Mexico's strikers.

It just comes to show you how we always think the grass is always greener on the other side and we always overlook what we have.

We criticize our young forwards like Marquez, Iniguez, Bravo, etc because they are not Luis Garcia, Hermosillo, etc. When I was in Mexico this past month, my uncle was showing me some old publications and it was the same with Hermosillo, Garcia, Lira, etc. They were criticized because they were not as "good" as the generation prior to them.

Our players are better now. Not to disrespect the Hector Hernandez, Chava Reyes, Enrique Borjas, Antonio Carbajals, but those players are not nearly as good as what he have now.

Back then, we had great administration, but our players werent that great. NOW, our adminstration sucks, but we have the players to do good things. And its this adminsitration that will kill our production of new players

---------------------

Going back to Jared Borgetti..

my respect because he did it with few opportunities and was brought late to the national team. I believe he debuted in late 2000 or early 2001 when he was already catching up on the 200 goals in league play. Can you believe that... a guy that had scored over 100 goals in the league and had never been called up.... im telling you our admin sucks

2. Rusty_Shackleford

Mar 24, 2004
    Re: Jared Borgetti ties Hermosillo and Hernandez to become alltime goalscorer for Mex

Word to that.

3. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Jared Borgetti ties Hermosillo and Hernandez to become alltime goalscorer for Mex

What I like best is that he is no longer a tronco striker, he did good footwork on both goals (against Guatemala yeah, but still good control).

I hope the BigSoccer members don't try to kick him out of the team, because omg he is not 100% mexican! He has italian last name and ascendants boo :rolleyes:

EDIT: I aologize, I forgot the *only* requirement to be in the NT is to be born in Mexico (not too close to the border tho!) or from mexi parents, right?

4. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    would you stop trolling and stoip being a fvcking idiot...

his grandfather was italian... that means his parents were 1st generation mexicans and he is a 2nd generation mexican... dulio davino and zaginho were 1st generation Mexicans and I supported them 100%

5. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
    The guys behind me were making fun of me because I was cheering for him. My spanish still isn't that good but I think they were calling him Argentinian. Did his family come from Argentina? Anyway both of his goals were excellent. Interesting to see that he has only scored 5 goals in friendlies while most of Hermosillo's and El Matador's came from those games. That puts him tops in my book.

6. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

between now and the WC, i think Borgetti can reach a nice even 50 :) and to those that b!tch on Borgetti now being Mexican or whatever, you people are ignorant idiots. lets get this straight, his grandpa was Italian. his mom's side and his grandma married to his Italian grandma was Mexican. now stop with this sh!t.

7. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    On the fifa site it says he debuted on the nt in 1997. anyways congrats to our soon to be alone top scorer of all time

8. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  9. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    There's still those Borgetti haters around. They just pop up when Borgetti doesn't score in one particular game, shame on them.

Good for Borgetti and lets watch him how he's going to keep scoring in the next games.

10. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    It's mostly Okatu or something like that on here he's pro Mexican!

11. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
    Please link any quotes from the man in this thread. Thanks!

12. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A

This dude knows his s(-)IT !

13. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

ah you're new.

anyway, i hope this can shut up all the borgetti haters. some were talking about his age or his diminishing mobility, yet they forgot he can do the important thing a forward does - score. you can have as many creative or flashy players as you want, but if no one can finish the chances, whats the point? (i.e., portugal.) also, can anyone look up the number of convocatorias it took each to reach 35?

14. mexicano

mexicano New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Templológico

2 posts before you.

:cool:

15. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002

He debuted in 1997 and scored a goal...

... and didn't get another look until 2000.

I used to wonder if he was another nationality because why the hell would you not call this guy up the national team.

Borgetti's career

16. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

^ damn. the guy has 35 goals in 68 mathces now. that's really good.

17. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

:D

I don't how he does, but he always takes care of business.

18. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Just like I take care of your girl

19. kehl

kehl Member

Feb 28, 2005
    Kamogawa BG
    Hm, apparently Carlos Hermosillo has 33 goals and not 35. 33 in official matches only. So 'Matador' and Jared are the top 2 scorers of the Mexican NT.

20. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

where did you hear this?

21. kehl

kehl Member

Feb 28, 2005
    Kamogawa BG

In 'Los Protagonistas' today, they said that he had scored 33 goals in official matches, but that the other two happened during unofficial games.

22. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Code:
    JUGADOR GOLES PARTIDOS EFICIENCIA
    Jared Borgetti 35 69 0.507
    Luis Hernandez 35 76 0.460
    Carlos Hermosillo 35 90 0.388
    Enrique Borja 31 65 0.476
    Hugo Sanchez 29 58 0.500
    Luis Garcia 29 78 0.371
    Luis Flores 29 62 0.467
    Luis Roberto Alves 29 80 0.362
    wierd... Esto provided this list and Record provided the list below

23. kehl

kehl Member

Feb 28, 2005
    Kamogawa BG
    Hm that's what I knew too, but like I was saying earlier, Tv Azteca said that Hermosillo has 33 goals in official matches. I'll wait for Noticiero Televisa Deportes to see if they mention something about it.

24. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A

if cuatemoc would of played this last cup and this cup he would of been right by borgetti or mabye past him by 1 or 2 goles

25. Ese_Guy

Ese_Guy New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Sunny Southern CA

BORGUETTI ALCANZÓ LA PUNTA DE GOLEADORES CON SELECCIÓN NACIONAL

[​IMG]

"El delantero mexicano, Jared Borguetti llegó esta tarde a 35 goles vistiendo la casaca nacional. El sinaloense se encuentra en la cima de la tabla de goleo empatado con Carlos Hermosillo y Luis Hernández –ambos jugadores retirados-."