Japanese players of European quality/ready for europe

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Clad, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Tyrion

Tyrion New Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks kodmari,
    I do know that there has been one Australian international ( Jason davidson ) and one new Zealand player come through the school ,the set up looks pretty good also .
    I was just trying to get some local feedback as we may move there next year .
    Are there any other sports high schools that take international students ?

2. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The program is quite impressive, but sounds very strict (Like any other Japanese high school sport regime). I've read articles of how Davidson had nightmares in first year, but by the end made him fear nothing. I was always curious as to why he started his career there though.

Makuhari HS on outskirts of Tokyo always seem to have a few international players, they've produced a few proffesional players. But I think it's some sort of arranged exchange program.

3. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Guys this topic is about J. players ready for Europe, not J. Highschools :p

Whispered11 repped this.
  4. Tyrion

Tyrion New Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sorry blue San , I did want to start a new thread "Japanese high school football " but I did not know how :(

5. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001

Sorry to reply so late but if you are still interested . . . .

There are quite a few schools in Japan that take exchange students. Some Japanese ability, though, would make the experience a lot easier. As already mentioned, Shibuya Makuhari has a long track record of bringing in exchange students and grooming them for the J.League (Tulio Tanaka went there, along with 4-5 other Brazilians who have had somewhat lesser success finding a team).

Several schools in Kyushu, including Lutheran HS in Fukuoka, have a good reputation for football development, and also programmes where courses are taught in English, rather than Japanese. Ritsumeikan HS in Kyoto is also largely oriented towards English classes, and has a good football programme (a guy who was a moderator here in the past taught history classes there, but I dont know if he still visits BigSoccer. However if you want to contact him I have an e-mail address I could give you). Possibly the best football feeder high schools are the ones associated with Ryutsu Keizai U. Not only are they regular participants in the NHS Championships but they feed directly into RKU's football organization. If your kid is considering a university education as well as football, that would be an ideal choice. I think there are four or five high schools altogether with ties to RKU - the two best ones are Ryutsu Keizai Kashiwa HS and Ryutsu Keizai Kashima HS.

There are a great many more options, depending on your child's interests and your budget. Just one example from a school near where I live - Japan Aviation High School is for kids who want to become pilots, ground crew or stewardess/stewards. It accepts a LOT of overseas students, especially from China and Southeast Asia but also a few from South America, Africa, etc., and it is one of the two top football schools in the prefecture. This year they are taking part in the NHS Championship, having beaten the 2010 national champions, Yamanashi Gakuen HS.

The point Im trying to make is that the possibilities and options are extensive (albeit sometimes expensive), so you should really try to get as much information as possible and explore many options before making a decision. It isnt something you should rush into.

6. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    wow correctly predicted genki Omae and Yuya Kubo's transfers.

Excellent

7. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    calm down he pretty much listed all the Japanese youngsters that anybody's heard of, he was bound to strike gold.

Dax repped this.
  8. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    you educate us

9. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    he listed about 30 players, thats 30 out of about 540 J league plaers

around 5.5% of players

10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  11. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Are you jealous because you couldn't predict it ?

13. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes I am a bit...:cry:
    ... but hey, maybe I'll just add "like I predicted" to all my news postings.

14. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    But all of them have pretty much identical characteristics - all under 25, all current or former age-group NT members and all players that everyone else would have named if asked to name 50 possibilities. I estimate the degree of difficulty in selecting names (on a scale of 1-10) at 0.05.

Of the 23 he mentioned, he got 1 right. An accuracy of 4.35%.
    " AMAZING! "

Personally I think this thread would make more sense if we stick to the topic of high schools (especially with the NHS Tournament starting at the end of the month) :p. In terms of providing any high-accuracy guide to likely transfers to Europe, it is only slightly more accurate than 4-4-2 rumours on Transfermarkt. :rolleyes:

AKITOD and sc-f repped this.
  15. Joe Toe

Joe Toe New Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    At present, there is no Japanese player who is competitive enough to play in Europe.
    Just stay in J-league.

16. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I smell troll.

uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89 and Dax repped this.
  17. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Really? :D
    This poor guy is the same that comes here from time to time with different accounts.

18. -Kodemari

-Kodemari Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Trento, Italy
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Dat post history

19. rod69

rod69 New Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  20. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Plays for Spartak Moscow II?

Dont htink he is ready for europe, maybe 3-5 years

21. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    not sure if joking......or.....

22. Kenbi

Kenbi Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Here is a video of Ippei Shinozuka

23. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    HAHAHA oh man

24. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    how old is he, and why do you think he is ready for europe?

when i say europe, i mean paling in a good european league, not the russian

25. Tyrion

Tyrion New Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks Matsu,
    All very good info much appriected .
    We have decided to send our son to Seiritsu as the program and the facilities are very good ,he leaves next week for 2.5 years ,so it is now up to him to make a go of what the school and system in Japan can provide.
    At the moment he is looking forward to the challenge ,however I have no doubt there may be lots of highs and lows over the next couple of years.