Japanese NT Not going to Copa América 2011

Discussion in 'Japan' started by hbone373, Jan 24, 2011.

1. hbone373

hbone373 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
  2. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Re: How do you think Japan will do in Copa America 2011

I can see them making it out of their group.

3. SkyPiercer

SkyPiercer Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria

I expect nothing less than semi-finals if it's the first team with our best players.

4. hbone373

hbone373 New Member

Jan 21, 2011

have they mentioned that there not taking there A team?

5. SkyPiercer

SkyPiercer Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria

Only rumors and speculations so far..

Well, it's going to be very difficult to gather the guys playing in Europe (3/4 of the team), they shouldn't be there at first place according to the position of UEFA since it's a CONMEBOL tournament. :( It will depend on their clubs I guess.

6. hbone373

hbone373 New Member

Jan 21, 2011

that sucks than, because mexico is the same way, i guess both japan and mexico will be goin with B teams..................but at the same time its good because the coaches get to see more younger players

7. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Are you guys kidding? Japan has a chance to play against some of the best teams in the world, in the continent when the next World Cup will be played, and goes with the B-players...?

No way!

Japan might opt for a younger team, but they will absolutely go to play competitively, absolutely!!

8. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Considering some of our regulars will have gone 1.5 to 2 years without a significant time off by then (not to forget they will have another season or half-season waiting for them) it's hard to imagine the clubs will just say yes.
    My guess is that Zac will name a London-generation-squad plus a few experienced players.

9. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009

I hope we send our best domestic players.

10. Kigai

Kigai Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Yeah, I think we will only send J league players for this tournament. Because European clubs won't let their players go for two tournaments in the same year!

11. ISUSucks

ISUSucks New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Japan
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: Japanese NT @ Copa América Cup 2011 [R]

Reminds me of the disaster back in 1999. I'm not expecting them to get passed the group stage but hopefully they win at least one game. Beating a Latin American team at their soil in a meaningful competition is something I'd very love to see.

12. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I wonder if Tulio would like to play in this one, it would feel special for him I guess.

13. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Hello everyone. Konichiwa! :)
    I am a huge JFA fan and especially Keisuke Honda.

I hope to see Japan's stars make the trip. Japan should be motivated to play their best since the world cup will be in Brazil. They will get a feel of the atmosphere, which is very different from waht you find in Asia.

With their top players, Japan can match any team in South America for sure. I hope Tulio can stay healthy as he will be crucial with his strong presense and mental strength. Nagatomo can run riot on any team, I dont care who it is. Argentina nor Brazil will have an answer to him.

I love Japan's togetherness and discipline. As long as they believe in themselves, their slick passing and running will give all teams problems.

And ofcourse Honda's class can be all the difference in some games. On his own, we all know what he can turn any game around and win it singlehandedly.

My dream is to see Japan face Ecuador in the finals. :D

14. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006

I'm thinking this will be the opposite squad of AC.
    Nakazawa and Tulio at the back, so rock solid.
    But all J-Leaguers otherwise, no Euro-based.
    So that will flip sideback from biggest strength to biggest weakness.
    To the point that I wonder if a switch to 3-back might be in the cards.
    I don't think there will be much dropoff in pure skill in attack with guys like Usami, but obviously experience and mental strength will be a huge gulf.
    With no Hasebe, Endo will be even more crucial in midfield. Presumably with Hosogai and Kashiwagi, at least they've been blooded a bit now.

Coming away with one win would have to be considered a success.

Predicted lineups?

15. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD

In June man, in June. And Hajime already landed in Europe too.

16. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

You think kawashima can ditch his crappy ass club to go play in a real tournament, or will we have Nishikawa start in goal?

17. JFA.mania

JFA.mania Member

Dec 19, 2010

I really want the young generation to continue, like what South Korea did in AFC. Bring Usami and Miyaichi would be at the right time... of course it depends on how Miyaichi plays for Feyenoord

I dont really know any other young players that J-league produce... sorry

Maybe need to start finding Endo's replacement, cause he is aging, and I dont expect to see Maeda, Matsui anymore for the same reason. Morimoto will be called up I guess...

this is a high class tournament, I dont expect JFA to send the shit team B into these tournament. I would be like doing a harakiri to the national team's development. Many country want to be invited into this tournament, so dont EVER try to waste this opportunity. Real JNT ability will be tested here, not in AFC. Elite clubs and managers all around Europe will be closely looking on this competition

18. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

This. If Japan is playing Argentina and Spain in friendlies, why waste the chance to sharpen the team's abilities in one of the best international tournaments? Facing Argentina in the competitive match on their home soil is nowhere even close to matches against Korea and Australia in Qatar, with all due respect to the Asian fellows. It's just another world.

Also, Europe-based players should be eligible without a problem – it's the major FIFA tournament during mid-season, so I believe clubs have no right to object.

19. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006

It's not our own continental tournament, though, so the rules on club release do not apply.

20. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001

I know you guys get an uncomfortable feeling when Nishikawa is in goal . . . . and I have to admit he doesnt radiate confidence and composure between the posts. However, were you aware that he has now played 5 NT matches and still hasnt conceded a single goal?

Just sayin... :cool:

21. JFA.mania

JFA.mania Member

Dec 19, 2010

So the problem is within the clubs, not JFA. CONMEBOL urges that JNT should bring the full squad (that's why they dont invite USA).

I dont see why Japan cannot use the full team anyway, it is on holiday season in Europe, so players in Europe should be allowed to participate, in the exception of Shinji Kagawa (what a waste).
    Or maybe he will be allowed to, considering that he should get match fitness before the starting of bundesliga for the next term.

Anyway we will see what's going to happen...

22. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

My guess is no elders with the exception of perhaps Endo, and those Olympic squad youngsters who do well in the first months of J.League.

The two chaps I'd love to see are Usami and Kiyotake.

23. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

i hate to nitpick, but there was the Syria penalty, though that was the refs fault.

24. dantasu

dantasu Member

Portuguesa Santista
    Brazil
    Dec 8, 2009
    Santos
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

[LINEUP-4-4-2]Okazaki, Ryonaldinho,
    Honda, Hosogai, Endo, Hyodo,
    Yasuda, T. Tulio, Makino, T. Hayuma,
    Kawashima[/LINEUP-4-4-2]

This should be a competitive team in Copa America.

25. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Let Miyaichi play and put Usami on the bench is harsh, Miyaichi has just played 2 games and Usami has a full season for Gamba.
    What about that Seto guy in Rumani, he looks like the mix between Hasebe and Endo, can give Hosogai a competition.