January Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by evil_allan, Nov 23, 2004.

1. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    well for this magic footed brazilian if he was to come back now, may be not a good thing if we are to look at team system and organization, but this is unlikely, he is still sharp, i watched a few matches of olympiacos, in their champ league win over depor he was playing more so as a withdrawn forward just behind giovanni and ioannis, the same position he played in while at deportivo before he joined us and he was impressive, i don`t think we can bring him back, i think now we are looking for other future youngsters.

2. acmilan_barcelona

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    rivaldo in action match day 5 champ league

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

3. FORMAL

FORMAL Member

Jul 24, 2004
    NYC

yeah, i was joking, though i think he has become a better team player now in his old age, and still has something to offer a big club from a bench position. but i'm pathetically still hoping to see saviola arrive along with kompany. i have no idea what strikers would be available other than the ones already mentioned, maybe valencia is willing to let fiore go.

4. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    fiore is a midfielder

5. FORMAL

FORMAL Member

Jul 24, 2004
    NYC

then i'm back to nothing

6. Empty3D

Empty3D New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Maybe Julio Ricardo Cruz is available on loan. He isn't as good enough as Larsson or Saviola, but scored lots of goals in Bologna.

7. FORMAL

FORMAL Member

Jul 24, 2004
    NYC
    I just read Barca are after Anelka. I really hope this isn't true

8. acmilan_barcelona

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    no i`ve really never rated this argentinian attacker, last season he wasn`t that bad really but still i don`t think he deserves to put on our jersey, well unless we are really hit by so many injuries, at bologna it`s true he scored lots of goals, he more of a target man, plays well when he has a good midfield supply line , i was even surprised when he used to get call ups for the argentine national team and saviola used to miss out, i just don`t rate him.

but you guys what`s going to happen say when marquez accumulates yellow cards and is suspended for a game who will play the holding midfield role for us.

9. acmilan_barcelona

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    this to me will be great news, i like nicholas, big fan, i think if we are to partner him with eto with a brilliant midfield link up he will score many goals for us, he is pacy just like eto and is superb on man to man situations, his weakness may be not good enough in the air, but i still think if this is true that anelka is coming to camp nou , this is music to my ears, hey at real madrid he really never settled because many didn`t like the preferential treatment he was getting , at times he clashed with raul and i`m not surprised that he left...

10. acmilan_barcelona

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    we can also try and get boca`s argentine international tevez,i think boca will be more than willing to let him leave in jan although they turned down bayern, there are also some conflicting reports that he might be headed to brazil with corithians, i doubt this however.

11. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i agree that i would really like anelka, but again only as a loan player. i like the loan striker setup.

12. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    I think I'd throw up if that player ever shows his face at Camp Nou. He is not worthy of wearing the Blaugrana. I'd rather play with no striker than deal with him and his attitude.

13. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Agreed......everywhere Anelka goes, he complains. With this comes deteriorating team chemistry, something Barca cannot afford because they have alot of it. As much as he can potentially (this is the only word to describe Anelka and he has never lived up to POTENTIAL) do offensively, he is a gamble not worth taking. Plus we saw how lost he was when he played for Madrid and he was given every opportunity in the world there.

14. AndyK

AndyK New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    I do agree that Anelka is a problem, but only when he is unappreciated, nobody can doubt he = goals, that dreadful season in Madrid apart, quality striker and still to peak, bet you wish Owen was there at Camp Nou

15. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    Wish Owen was what??? Where?? Here??? Hahahahah....no thanks buddy.

16. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you kidding? I'd take Owen and Beckham here in an instance.

;)

17. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Both of those players are just revenue makers. ESPECIALLY BECKHAM!!! Real has become a joke of a club lately spending all this money and where are they getting with it?? They are going worse on field than what they were before they bought players such as the likes of Samuel,Woodgate,Beckham,Owen and even maybe Ronaldo aswell came in. It's a team sport which means the TEAM has to play well. Not individuals. Yes they help the cause but if there is one good team player and one individual player then he will lose it for the team obviously.

18. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    I hear ya. But the winkie smiley at the end meant he was joking.

19. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't know.

Beckham seems to actually produce displays that are never acknowledged.

He puts in through balls, scores freekicks (twice now?.. but when was the last time Roberto Carlos put one in?) and works hard.

So he isn't the most gifted player in the world.

The guy hustles.

What the hell?

And as for Owen, I'd like him at Barca.

If he were 2 inches taller.

The guy plays hard as well.

Not that this is a discussion to be had on this board, but I find it strange that so many of the Madridistas seem to ignore the good these 2 players bring and instead choose to reflect on the downside(s).

Oh well.

Their problem, not FCB's.

20. FORMAL

FORMAL Member

Jul 24, 2004
    NYC
    I agree both players are great players, everyone knows their names for a reason, I think Beckham is highly overcritisized, and is one of the few bright spots at Real these days, but I would still hate to see either at Barcelona, injury woes or not. On the other hand Roberto Carlos is pure garbage, and I hate Guti for no real reason. The only player at Real I would actually like to hear go to Barcelona is Morientes, and this may be unpopular here but Ronaldo too to be honest, I just think he's cool now that he's getting fat again.

21. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So If I've read this thread correctly:

Barca needs:

1. No. 9, whom does not complain, will shutup and play where Rijkaard tells him to and will put back past keeper, between posts, and under crossbar. Possible hatred of the city of Madrid a plus.

2. A Defensive Midfielder; with capable passing ability, a strong, biting tackler, and big match experience. Possible hatred of the city of Madrid also a plus.

22. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :p

good stuff, good stuff

23. FORMAL

FORMAL Member

Jul 24, 2004
    NYC
    I read an article from Marca that Jimmy Jump has developed a thunderous left foot and is sublime in arial attacks, best of all he is available on waivers and is willing to play for tacos. Now we just need a defensive mid!!!

24. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Barca confirm transfer plans

Barcelona president Joan Laporta has confirmed the club will be dipping into the transfer market in January.

The Catalan chief feels the squad have been too severely hit by injuries not to bring in new faces when the window reopens.

Four Barca stars - Thiago Motta, Gabri, Edmilson and Henrik Larsson - will all be missing for the rest of the campaign with knee ligament complaints.

With the club still flying high both in Europe and domestically there had been suggestions that Barca would not look to make additions to their squad.

However, Laporta believes the squad is now 'short' because of their injury problems, and revealed he will be soon sitting down with the club's coaching staff to determine their primary targets.

"The squad has been left short because of the great number of injuries we have had which are now endangering the team," the Barca supremo stated.

"The coaches are working on it. In the first two weeks of December a meeting is planned in which we will decide on matters concerning future signings.

"We are fully aware that we must incorporate players, and that the strikeforce is one of the zones that we must strengthen because the season is very long and we are still in two very important competitions like La Liga and the Champions League.

"They will have to be players that can adapt to our philosophy and understand that they are not assured of coming here and playing."

by skysport

Also read this:
    http://www.tribalfootball.com/november/spanishnews9301104.html
    http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20041201/NOTICIA184554885.html

25. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Barca confirm transfer plans

Hmm... So Depor is out of the race for Mascherano, and Real has cooled their interest for him due to negative scouting reports. Interesting. Does anyone think that Real are only pretending to lose interest in order to disourage a bidding war?

For those who can't read the EMD article, it basically says that PSG are offering us Serbian striker Daniel Ljuboja. He's a big target forward who has had a falling out with his manager, reportedly because he(manager) is Bosnian and those two groups don't have the best relationship.

Good news - he will be very cheap and he has an EU passport.
    Bad news - he won't be eligable for the Chamion's league, having already played for PSG

Club officials meeting in the next few days