January Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by evil_allan, Nov 23, 2004.

1. FORMAL

FORMAL Member

Jul 24, 2004
    NYC
    What do yall make of this talk of a Riquelme - Luque swap this summer. I don't see why we would bring in yet another striker while larsson, lopez, saviola, and eto'o are all contracted options. Is Luque able to play the wings? This trade would make more since to me the summer after next, Larsson should be out at that point, Saviola's future should be solidified, and perhaps then barca will be in need of a third option striker. Let Luque get another full year as a starter. He is a great goal scorer though. Personally, I think our priorities this summer should be to solidify our backline (Kompany), get a solid backup for the Dinho and Guily, and figure out if Motta is our long term solution at D-mid.

2. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Luque plays kind wide on the left for Depor and often cuts in on goal as Ronnie does now. He is left-footed(!), Catalan and is probably dying to get out of the mess in La Coruña to come back and play for Barça. I say let Riquelme go, but it seems a little silly that Depor would bite as they already have a very good playmaker who moves at a snail's pace in Valerón.

3. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Luque is a former Barca player, no?
    Anyway, as Chrisc said, he is a a striker, but also a left winger in a way. He is ery good and would be an awesome sub, but why not let Messi play?

4. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just mentioned in the Joaquin thread, how invaluable a leftsided attacker could be for Barcelona.

Imagine

........................................ETO'O.............................................
    LUQUE..........................RONALDINHO..................................GUILY

Great attacking side.

5. FORMAL

FORMAL Member

Jul 24, 2004
    NYC

Problem is that sends either Deco or Xavi to the bench, or we have to play without a DM or only 3 on the backline, I don't think we can afford to lose any defense. If Luque were at Barca i don't see him starting, he would have to be a 3rd option striker or second option on the wing.

6. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Say hello to Barca's new signings:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

8. Cruz Bustamoveski

Dec 28, 2004
    Cosmo's Factory
    Club:
    Hijos de Acosvinchos
    Nat'l Team:
    US Virgin Islands
    my friend, i know tom petty.. and he is no tom petty.

9. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

10. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What Number will the Lad wear? 11 or 17?

11. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

he was 11 at river.

12. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island

13. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon

14. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Forgot bout DECO,my bad on that play.

Xavi plays always as Barca's deeper playmaker/ not great but aite defensive middie!

15. Bigpapa42

Bigpapa42 Member

Dec 15, 2004
    The Wastes of Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    And he was introduced with 11 at Barca.

16. XZeRO3003

XZeRO3003 New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Cali
    One thing I noticed... I think many of us are forgetting that before Larsson got injured we used two forwards. And now everybody thinks that Giuly Ronnie and Deco ALL have to be on the field at the same time. I mean, let's simplify let's forget about the defenders and Rafa Marquez. Everytime I've come on here to talk about a second Forward (Saviola), you all ram me with "He'd be a second or third choice forward", forgetting that 1. Our original formation was a 4 1 3 2, and 2. He's better than Larsson IMO.

AAANYWAYS, Luque for Riquelme sounds genius. Or maybe even Luque for Saviola. Saviola's great, but I think the Luque would just be perfect, he's so strong, and his contrasts with Eto'o would combine to give us a GREAT offense. Too bad we got Lopez for 6 weeks, I mean, it may be a good thing, but maybe he should have just been borrowed for 6 months, at least until we find out how useful he'd be,

17. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Actualy I dont remeber that Rijkaard ever played with two classical strikers. More like our midfield and than three players that switch postions all the time. If Larsson played in stiker position than Etoo moved to wing. Same for Ronnie and Etoo. This is classical 433 system.
    As long as Larsson is in Barcelona I doubt that Saviola has even chance to come back. To bad for him.
    And about Maxi. What do you mean we get Maxi for 6 weaks?! And we couldnt just borrow him, River wouldnt do that becouse they already agreed transfer to Benfica. Loan option just wasnt an option. Besides he is young and great talent.

18. Caribbean boy

Caribbean boy New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    barbados westindies

6 weeks :confused: maxi is a great talent, big , strong, skillful, and fast. there are great players who must be discovered maxi who knows ;)

19. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got Lopez for 6 weeks?

20. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    What???!!!!! :eek: Is this a joke?

21. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    I think XZero meant 6 years.

22. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I thought that's what he meant.

23. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lets not forget....
    ETO'O and LUQUE formed a deadly alliance at Mallorca.

They were probably the best striking partnership outside Real Madrid in Spain for a season or two, blasting in goals and complimenting each other very well, plus both are speed merchants!

24. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Now that Del Bosque's going to coach Depor I doubt Luque will be on ther transfer market