January Transfer Window Thread, why not?

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by FCfrodizzle, Dec 6, 2006.

1. FCfrodizzle

FCfrodizzle New Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Boston
    Figured might as well start one of these since the window is coming up soon.

First rumor I've heard, alongside the Dempsey-so-dern-close-to-being-signed is Fulham possibly getting Vincenzo Montella from Roma. Anybody know anything about him? I'm afraid I do not.

"Speculation is mounting in Italy that Roma forward Vincenzo Montella is on his way to Fulham in January. Milan has also shown an interest in "The Airplane" but his ineligibility in Europe counts against a move to the San Siro."
    -- eurosports.com

2. wingman8

wingman8 New Member

Aug 27, 2006
    Club:
    Fulham FC
  3. OU9601

OU9601 Member

Jul 12, 2003
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Newspapers in Columbus say that Sigi Schimd stopped by and talked with both McBride & Bocanegra while he was in England recently, apparently in regards to the new "Beckham exception" in the MLS salary cap.

Plus, local columnists are calling for McBride's return. I don't expect it to happen, but that's the buzz here.

4. FCfrodizzle

FCfrodizzle New Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Boston
    Yea I was reading about that as well. Columbus wanting to spark interest in their team again by using the DP slot to bring McBride back, because he is (or at least was) a household name there. Probably won't happen though, like you said. He's an often-used player on Fulham, and given a choice between playing for Columbus, who even by MLS standards suck, or a mid-table EPL team, it's almost a no-brainer.

5. FCfrodizzle

FCfrodizzle New Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Boston
    You know anything about him? Style of play, scoring ability, anything we kind of need in midfield...which is everything, hehe.

6. wingman8

wingman8 New Member

Aug 27, 2006
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Fulham boss Chris Coleman is keeping tabs on Finland internation Mika Vayrynen who has spent most of this season on the bench at PSV. The stylish, attacking midfielder, who displayed his credentials with the winning goal at Bordeaux in the Champions League, has made just two league starts in the current campaign, though he is a regular for Finland. Coleman is looking to add some creativity to his midfield to complement the tenacity of Brown, Bullard and Diop, and Vayrynen is expected to be available for around £2m.

http://www.4thegame.com/features/feature/197585/.html

7. wingman8

wingman8 New Member

Aug 27, 2006
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    I think we need to bring up Ismael Ehui to the first team

8. FCfrodizzle

FCfrodizzle New Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Boston
    Yea, couldn't hurt considering how decimated the roster is. Depending on how January goes we could be seeing a lot more of the 2nd team. I love how this is more or less a two-person thread so far...where did everybody go?

9. wingman8

wingman8 New Member

Aug 27, 2006
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Yea, I thought there would be more posting than us two

10. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *waves*

*doesn't have any interesting trade rumors*

*wishes there were more Fulham fans here*

11. FCfrodizzle

FCfrodizzle New Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Boston
    maybe things will spice up in here come january...maybe...

12. ffcseptic

ffcseptic New Member

May 9, 2006
    I live by the river
    sorry, i usually check threads once a week but have been too depressed by ffc's form to do so.

one bright side of the injuries is that it gets routledge onto the pitch. i've always felt he was fantastic when he's "on" and boy was he on last night. find highlights if you can.

montella would be welcome. bake is great but creaking. could also use another central defender - personally, i'd love to see onyewu but others might suffice.

rumors on other sites have us going after levante's felix ettien. he was one of the top players in la liga 2 years ago, would be useful.

13. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Anyone know what the Claus Jensen injury is?

14. FCfrodizzle

FCfrodizzle New Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Boston
    Onyewu would be great. He's huge and physical, so he'd fit into the English game pretty well (think a dual-enforcer gauntlet of Onyewu and Papa Bouba.) , and the experience in EPL would help tremendously for USMNT duty. Granted if we were to sign both him and Dempsey, they're going to start singing 'stars and stripes forever' at the games. Mostly what we need is midfielders, and lots of them, so Cookie I'm sure is looking around for who's available in that role. At least he better be if he wants to crack top 10 in EPL.

15. wingman8

wingman8 New Member

Aug 27, 2006
    Club:
    Fulham FC

16. ffcseptic

ffcseptic New Member

May 9, 2006
    I live by the river
    How easy is it to watch the games in the States?

17. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've seen 4 or 5 Fulham matches so far this season, mostly thanks to FSC.

18. FCfrodizzle

FCfrodizzle New Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Boston
    Yea, I can't get FSC because I'm on dormitory cable, so I'd say find a soccer bar if cable's not an option. Phoenix Landing in Cambridge is good if you're in the Boston area. In Minneapolis the place to go is Brit's Pub. If you don't live in either of those two locales...um...hunt around, you should be able to find something.

19. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched days and days worth of World Cup action at the Landing this summer. The atmosphere was truly awesome.

20. FCfrodizzle

FCfrodizzle New Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Boston
    It really is. Even though it's a Liverpool bar, I still go there for my EPL fix whenever I can. Just the chanting wars between Liverpool and ManUre fans are entertaining enough. But when they start singing 'There's only one Fulham fan, there's only one Fulham fan, one Fulham faaaan...' etc., it's fun. One of these days seeing two or more Fulham fans would be great, hehe.

21. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Note to self: Finally get around to buying a Fulham kit and get yourself back there...

22. ffcseptic

ffcseptic New Member

May 9, 2006
    I live by the river
    Fortunately I live about 500 yards from the Cottage, just asking for some fellow Fulham fan friends that are moving back soon.

23. wingman8

wingman8 New Member

Aug 27, 2006
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    fulham have spoken to chelsea about a loan deal for lassana diarra and on monday night a deal to take him on loan till the end of the season was agreed but still not sure

watford asked about helguson but fulham said no and then they asked about collins john joining them on loan till the end of the season, Boothroyd is due to talk to him and a deal is likely to be confirmed after the news year day clash

Claus and fulham are in discussions about a new deal and if he does not accept the offer, then he will go in january. he has been linked with west ham

Zakuani is wanted by colchester, ipswich, and palace and is almost certain to be loaned out in january to get games and experience

also we are looking at ujfalusi from fiorentina and if we get him, it will be around a 3.5m transfer

http://www.fulhamweb.com/fulhamweb/mboard/mboard.asp

24. FCfrodizzle

FCfrodizzle New Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Boston
    Oh...well in that case, you lucky *****:rolleyes:

By the way, and I apologize this is off topic...but anyone know a place to find a 2006/7 kit online in the U.S. so I don't have to ship from UK? I found some on foxsoccer.com, but there were no options for a named kit, just the plain white or black.

25. Fulham South

Fulham South New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    GEORGIA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States