January Transfer Window News/Rumors part 2

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by minorthreat, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Mancityfan81

Mancityfan81 New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    New York
    The last thing Real Madrid need is another attacking winger who doesn't play defense. Perez is running Real Madrid into the ground. Get used to lots of La Liga titles going to Deportivo, Valencia and Barcalona.

2. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    ¿Who are you talking about?

3. parshva

parshva New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Mumbai,India
    raul garcia seems a god player but i feel v shudnt buy much this winter instead save the money for summer window and give the new coach ( yea i dun see lopez caro staying more than that) players he needs. right now i feel we should retain gravesen and pablo garcia and play them as DM instead of buying a new player good he may be but still i think its better to wait for summer transfer window.

4. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He's not going to be bought now. The rumor talks about summer.

5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I heard the rumors about Riquelme and Raul Garcia. I like Raul Garcia alot, and he has a ten million Euro clause... why not??

As for Riquelme, and with Ballack in mind, it would be a bad investment. Why spend the ridiculous amount of money required to get him when you can get a better player for free. Other than being a better distrubutor, Riquelme is the same or worse than Ballack in almost every other category. Ballack has proved himself on the world stage playing in two WC and a European championship plus the CL, has thrived in pressure situation while Riquelme shyed away from Barca to go to the media friendly Villareal. Ballack is better in the air, more responsible defensively, more powerful, has better range with his shot, better tackler, and has similar, if not better, pace than Riquelme.

6. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    yet as we search for the replacement for zizou, who has the characteristics that match him the most?
    riquelme has vision flair passing and set piece abilities, everything that an AM and/or a zizou replacement needs.
    i have said it before. i have watched a lot of zidane over the years s he is by far my favourite, and always without doubt will be. as yet i have never seen a player to be able to match him, or play in his style, but i have been amazed at the similarity in riquelmes play.
    always wants the ball.drifts all over the field, often you just cannot take the ball from him, he has a cool calm and collected appearance on the ball, a wicked shot and is a great set-piece taker, who does this remind you of?

personally i think we should get both, yes both.
    we get riquelme for x millions, we can get ballack too for free. say riquelme costs 30, its like getting 2 players for 30. we have a tackler a battler, and then a master on the ball playing together.

7. awmhamodat

awmhamodat New Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I would like ballack if for free to play on the left and requelme to play as attacking mid.I agree with what gazzad said.If were are looking for zidane replacment, then requelme is the man.

We spend alot on baptista and robinho , we can also spend alot on requelme, i dun think money is the issue.

But for me , both on the same line up would be nuts.But i heard rumors that ballack might go to juve, which will be the better choice for him:( , casue look at juve !!and look at us:(

8. lizardking

lizardking New Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago
    I don't think we should get both Requelme and Ballack. Remeber we have already got Cassano! Now we have already got Ronaldo, Raul, Baptista, Robinho, half a Zidane ( he can play about half the games in great form.) and Cassano. If we get both Requelme and Ballack, we would have got tooooooo many players piled upfront! 8 players for 4 positions! It's not FM2006!

9. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    good point. I'd personally want to see Riquelme come here. However, I think his contract is partially owned by Barcelona, so there could be complications, while Ballack would come here on a free. However, I don't think we need Ballack. Riquelme is the better replacement for Zidane..

10. RMCF

RMCF New Member

Apr 8, 2005
    I think Zidane will retire after this year, Baptista will be either be benched or sold and Ronaldo cant be trusted to play whole season without injury and after world cup I really really doubt his hunger for playing at good work rate. We can have both Riquelme and Ballack in the squad. No player can match Ballack's presence infront of defence he provides great stability. I havent seen Riquelme much but I doubt his ability to rise for big games like I have seen him disappear against Brazil (in conf. cup final), Barca and us. I hope he is as good (or even better) as some suggest.

11. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Zidane said it himself he would want Ballack to come as a replacement.. i feel he is a neccesity! Baptista plus cash for Cole, others moves are questionable.. but if we have the ability to cash in on Ballack right now.. INSTEAD of giving him to Barca, Juve, Inter, or ManU i think it would be smart and would boost this season to be positive..

yes i know he wants to wait after the World Cup, but from what i heard Juve is trying to get him within a week so RM must act now... the LEAST WE SHOULD DO is sign him on PRE-Contract to make SURE we get our man.

he is the same level as Riquelme, and is well tested in International play it would be like getting A+ quality for nothing.. WHY NOT??

12. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    this is a crazy question....but could we get Solari back? He aint playing a lot at inter...maybe Caro would use him more. Or maybe this is a dumb idea..

13. lizardking

lizardking New Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago
    I'd say a Ballack is enough. We could have:

---------------- Raul/Robinho ---- Ronaldo/Soldado
    Cassano/Zidane--Ballack/Zidane(Baptista, maybe)--Robinho/Cicinho/Balboa
    ------------------Guti/Gravesen------Beckham/New DM or CM--------
    R.C/ New DL ------Ramos/New DC-Helguera/Woody---Salgado/Cicinho

I think thus the formation is fully covered with subs. If Zidane is leaving, Robinho and Cassano should have more chances on the pitch. Please don't waste them by signing Requelme, a 28-year-old player.

And even though not likely, I wish Gravesen could stay. I simply can't understand why he has been out of favor while Garcia is not exactly shining... At first it seemed he was injured. Then he was just discarded.... Why?

14. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    i doubt hell come back, plus he would ahve to fight for a spot with robinho/Zidane....and i pray to god ballack :D
    thats what i have been saying all season long. Ballack is needed, wanted and most certantly welcome.

15. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  16. Real_Madrid_for_life

Feb 3, 2005
    Man U can piss off. I think Newcastle will go for this deal, or atleast I am hoping they will.

17. lizardking

lizardking New Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago
    With Cassano here, I seriously doubt if it is necessary to sign Luque. But maybe Cassano was meant for a striker from the first day... Then it sounds ok.

Actually I do think Gravesen+Baptista for A.Cole with Arsenal will also be a good swap.

18. RMCF

RMCF New Member

Apr 8, 2005
    I guess u r a bad businessman j/k

19. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    I'll trade Baptista for a giant muffin right now :D

20. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I like where your heading, especially with Becks at DM (he has limitless energy and attacks the ball carrier) only thing is.... there are 11 guys up there.. we only get 10 in the outfield.. remember?

also i dont think Riquelme is a waste he is actually quite talented, although I prefer Ballack...

21. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    dude there are only 10 guys on that

22. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Did you forget to include the irreplacable?? AKA....Casillas :eek:

23. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    what i meant was that youngstars said there were 11 outfield guys on that setup....there are only 10...then you add casillas to make the team.

24. Korbenn

Korbenn New Member

Jan 19, 2005
    Finland
    Look closer. There are 4 defencemen, 2 DM's, 3AM's and 2 strikers
    4 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 11 + GK

25. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    You gotta sell while it's high. If only for that, selling Baptista for peanuts makes no sense.