January Nordecke Social

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by jericho, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jericho

jericho Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Facebook event is located here, but just to let you know what's going on this event will be a fundraiser for TIFO during the 2012 season. It starts at 4pm and ends when the bar closes. We will be doing multiple evens like this (probably about one per month) and each one will be at a different venue. Hope to see you there.

Where:
    The Three-Legged Mare
    401 N. Front St, Columbus, OH 43215

• When
        Friday, January 20, 2012 at 4:00pm until Saturday, January 21, 2012 at 2:00am
    • Description
      The second in a series of monthly fundraisers for the Nordecke Tifo Fund. Each time a select beer or shot is sold during this event a portion of the proceeds will be donated to pay for the giant crowd displays created by the Columbus Crew supporters groups.

There is no cover for this event and the party starts at 4pm and goes until the place closes. This event is open to the public, you do not need to be a supporters group member to attend so invite your friends!

2. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really excited to be getting these going, big things happening on and off the field in Columbus.

3. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I approve of this message.;)

4. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This sounds awsome!!!

5. BlacknGold

BlacknGold Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Houston
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Walked by the place on the way to watch a Jackets loss a last week. Couldn't tell if it was a big ass TV or projector just beside the bar. Either way, me likey!

6. jericho

jericho Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Projector. The owner, who also owns R-Bar, has not only every sports channel he can get on American satellite, but also two hookups to be able to stream games available online to television banks as well. If the game is being broadcast ANYWHERE he can put it on a TV for you. He's going to start opening early for Rugby as well.

7. BlacknGold

BlacknGold Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Houston
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek: My God. Guess I'll have to make the occasional drive to the Arena District instead of just the walk to 4th Street.

8. jericho

jericho Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When you're there try the Reuben Balls. It's like a sauerkraut ball, but with corned beef, cheese and thousand island inside as well.

9. Sugar Dunkerton

Sugar Dunkerton New Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Flint, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I won’t be going to any event at 3 Legged Mare. Had a conversation with the guy about showing soccer and it was like I was wasting his time. Didn’t want to listen to anything I was telling him after I’ve seen many a people try to do the soccer thing and fail miserably. Very arrogant know it all. The guy talks out his ass as well. Loves to name drop but when you ask said person if you’ve ever talked to said guy, they have no idea who he is. And don’t let him fool you, he’s not the brains of the operation, his wife is. She’s the actual owner. She owned R-Bar well before he quit playing hockey. She’s a very nice lady and a treat to talk to. Had a great conversation with her. She knows what she’s doing, she’s a former bar tender.

Sorry to go all postal but this guy really pissed me off.

10. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never talked to the guy, so can't speak to that, but we'll be changing venues every month for these, so hit up the next one.

11. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who are you exactly? This is your first ever post to BigSoccer and it's trashing a place that seems to be trying to reach out to the supporters groups. What's your angle?

12. FootyRef

FootyRef Member+

Apr 13, 2007
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the more some of these places see a lot of soccer faces the more they might be willing to open their place (and their minds) to soccer.

13. Sugar Dunkerton

Jan 5, 2012
    Flint, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will do. I like what you guys do and will always support you. Just won't support them.

14. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    Thanks for the input, Mr. Claddagh.

15. ThreeC

ThreeC Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Cowbellumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup, that's the point. Had the first one at fourth street since it was put together in a week, but we want to rotate. It's also a chance for us, as supporters, to be seen around the community en mass. We just don't support the Crew, we support Columbus.

16. jackmann

jackmann Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Cowtown
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just out of curiosity, is this the old Clock Restaurant?

17. casa de pain

casa de pain Member

May 14, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Certainly you don't think this was me?

At any rate, I see someone raising money for the supporters, I don't give a damn what their angle or intentions, its a good thing. Wish I could be there.

18. Sugar Dunkerton

Jan 5, 2012
    Flint, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh Mike. You know me, you know me well. I just had to use a different name. To protect the innocent and protect some of my friends that still go to R-Bar and are known there.

I'm all for the supporters groups getting funds for awesome TIFOs. I help alot with those, just in ways you don't see since you moved away. Miss you buddy. I'm just voicing my opinion on the place.

19. casa de pain

casa de pain Member

May 14, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Kessler?

20. ThreeC

ThreeC Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Cowbellumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Grandpa Hard Hat? Evil Twin HH? Hard Hot Mike Redux?

21. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    No, Craig.

22. Sugar Dunkerton

Jan 5, 2012
    Flint, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi Ben. Miss you too buddy. lol So this is what it feels like to stir the pot on Big Soccer. Now I get it. So this is what Matt Morgan was always talking about. Waiting for Thurston to jump in here at anytime.

23. ThreeC

ThreeC Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Cowbellumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dad?

Also, I don't think it's pot stirring. It's just that you made a pretty strong acertion, and one that could hurt fundraising for our beloved TIFO, and it's usually not appreciated when this is done in secret.

Now if it's someone known, chance are we'll respect your opinion, but don't hide. I mean I won't be going here to watch soccer anytime soon, but if they are willing to let us do a bit of TIFO fundraising some random night, you bet I'll be there.

24. Sugar Dunkerton

Jan 5, 2012
    Flint, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Son, I meant no disrespect. And I can see what you are saying. I just had a bad experience and wanted to share. Probably the wrong time. I'm sorry for that. I'll buy you a beer the next time I see you. Then the curtain will be revealed.

25. FootyRef

FootyRef Member+

Apr 13, 2007
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't that the Elevator now?