January Camp 2022

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by lil_one, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Looks like Rodman took AD’s spot after getting a back injury. That’s pretty surprising since I figure another defender will take her place and not a forward.

2. NCChiFan

NCChiFan Member

NC Courage
    United States
    Feb 19, 2021
    Heh. Sadly, I do not need a time machine to remember life before title 9.

jnielsen and Klingo3034 repped this.
  3. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Having Rodman in the camp allows some players to be moved back in the lineup and, from watching her play, I would say that she could play just about anywhere on the right side or in the attacking midfield or as center forward. The few times I have seen her on the left she has been less effective but still pretty good.

I even think that playing her at right back could make the US' attack much better. I can see the opposing left back quaking in terror at the very though of a Rodman overlap. ;) :D

Klingo3034 repped this.
  4. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Me either; but I also remember when it passed, a bunch of us cracking a bottle and discussing that neither the proponents or the opponents really appreciated the implications fully; that if nothing else was improved in our lifetimes, this at least would move our world a whole lot closer to the one we hoped to leave behind.

A thousand things over the last fifty years have disappointed me, but not this...

Klingo3034, jnielsen and NCChiFan repped this.
  5. jnielsen

jnielsen Member+

May 12, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If I were 5 or 6 years younger, Title IX would gave had a major impact on my life. As it was, there just weren't any athletic opportunities available to girls at the time.

NCChiFan, taosjohn and Klingo3034 repped this.
  6. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One final video from January camp: