Jan Transfer window gossip

Discussion in 'Bolton Wanderers' started by Nixon, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yikchi

yikchi Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    Garden State
    has Nakata really been that bad?

2. Vicar

Vicar New Member

Sep 21, 2005
    Manchester, Langley
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I dont think he has been that bad,but Sam does.He does not have a physical side to his game and in the Prem especially at Bolton you need that.See what happened when he tried to tackle the opposing players in the Blackburn game.Nakata's biggest asset has been his passing ability and ball skills unfortunately he has not been getting the opportunities to demonstrate them.

3. Nixon

Nixon New Member

May 23, 2005
    Manchester
    To be honest i think hes damn good, an i think we need to keep him. Hes got 2 or 3 man of the match's so far this season an i think hes the style of player were lookin to bring in to broaden our play. The only thing i can think Sam is doin is trying to bring his price down or somit.

4. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I actually think that Nakata's too inconsistent. He can play really well at times but then disappear for half an hour. That coupled with his rather comical (tragically) tackling ability is the reason why he won't stay.

5. Keegan

Keegan New Member

Oct 23, 2003
    Jamrock
    It's pretty much a rule that to be a Bolton player, you need to be able to tackle and fight for the ball - that's not Nakata. When he's on his game, he's a very good player, but he just has not been on his game often enough this season. Look how quickly Sam snapped up Faye, as an example. On the brighter side, I see where we are favoured to sign Deportivo La Coruna's Cesar. I distinctly recall something about an attempt to sign him over the summer failing, though... maybe he's reconsidered.

6. Nixon

Nixon New Member

May 23, 2005
    Manchester
    I just think that Nakata is too creative to let go, Okotcha wasnt a tackler and Nakata is a fighter the prob is he leaves his leg in a tackle, you can correct that with time but you cant teach the ball control, agility and strength on the ball that Nakata has, its all very well having a hard tackling team but i think Nakata is to bigger player to let go, we have to smaller team to let talent like him slip away.

7. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The thing is Okocha can 'tackle' without amassing numerous yellow cards, Nakata can't. He seems to lunge in without any real idea of what to do.

8. Juan Carlos II

Jan 14, 2004
    Lytham St Annes
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oscar Perez.....midfielder, signed from the Spanish 3rd tier club Cordoba, will get most of his opportunities in the reserves so hopefully someone good is expected to push through from there. Who I don't know.

9. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298865

I feel this is Sam making a statement to the board. There is no way this lad is ever going to make an appearance for the Wanderers. Would we sign a player that had just been released by Bristol Rovers and who had never played in the Premiership? Would we bollocks.

10. Vicar

Vicar New Member

Sep 21, 2005
    Manchester, Langley
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Seem like another Fabrice Fernandes to me.Questionable signing by Big Sam.

11. Keegan

Keegan New Member

Oct 23, 2003
    Jamrock
    I agree with you there, pal... and it seems to have been heard as well, because Big Phil has promised to back Big Sam on a 'spending spree' during the summer, as they will be scouting the WC extensively for new, 'quality' players... but that remains to be seen, right?

12. israel972

israel972 New Member

May 30, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    israeli midfielder idan tal (maccabi haifa) is apparently headed to bolton, and is traveling to england on next sunday to pass a medical.

idan tal played for everton from 2000-2003

then played in la liga for real vallecano who were relegated

the last two years he has been one of the best midfielders in the israeli premier league

he has good passing, a great first touch, and good shooting ability

13. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    Very passionate player ( Tal ).

I hope he will play for bolton. It will be good for him as a player and good for bolton, he is very talented. I always thought he tends to argue alot with refs, and that he needs to tone it down a little.

Are Bolton fans happy with T. Ben Haim, I think he's really good, but I wonder how Bolton fans feel about him?

14. Nixon

Nixon New Member

May 23, 2005
    Manchester
    I think hes a strong player (Ben Haim) but prone to a few mistakes, needs to work on his tacticle game in my opinion. Part from that he seems solid.

15. Vicar

Vicar New Member

Sep 21, 2005
    Manchester, Langley
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Al Habsi is frustrated because he is 3rd string behind Walker(who it seem has been around since the Jurrassic period).Obviously Jussi is and will be the no.1 at the club for the next few years, but Habsi expected to be second string. Sam should have loaned him out to get some first team experience.I can understand his frustration.