James Rodriguez - news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Uzuriaga, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Good points. If James went to atlético and played +40 games a year, I would consider that a victory at this point

2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He ran a lot in Bayern and can do so for Atleti but most for 60 mins a game

He will be fine wherever he goes IF he can stay healthy

Anthony Lim repped this.
  3. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I just don't think he fits the system at all. At Bayern they dominated games and were always offensive. Atleti hasn't ever used central creative midfielders, he doesn't fit the system and Simeone won't change the system to fit a player as he shouldn't. I'd be surprised if he played consistently and wasn't dropped at atleti often as Simeone prefers a workman midfield which just isn't James strongpoint. Go to somewhere they are gonna have a lot of possession, attack and use 10's or at least attacking CM's like Bayern did.

4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Didn't Simeone use Diego a lot early when he took over the team?

5. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    He used Diego I believe yeah, but I'm discounting his early years a little because I think he was still sorting out his tactics. Over the last 4-5 years he's created a very clear identity and system that he uses that's largely focused on his pressing without the ball in a 4-4-2 and its been wildly successful, even this year with their biggest turnover of players he beat Liverpool using that system, and converted Llorente a holding midfielder into a winger and sometimes second forward to defend from the front. I suppose James could play as a second forward but long term that means him or Felix getting benched and Felix clearly fits the roll as a second forward better imo.

I just don't want to see James shoe horned, he should go where the tactics fit him perfect and he can play in a good situation in a team that focuses on possession and attacking that will utilize him best.

6. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That was Bayern, wasn’t it? LOL

At this point, any team where he can play every week is win-win; even if he plays out of position - it will be a step up from his current role at RMA

We shouldn’t hold our breath for the ideal situation to show up for James. It would have happened by now.

7. Jace

Jace Member

Oct 19, 2014
  8. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Damn that's cold

Must be cuz he was complaining

9. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    The savior Lucas Vasquez is back, of course he's not called up!

Anthony Lim repped this.
  10. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

11. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He fucxed up big time. Shit attitude

sidspaceman repped this.
  12. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Honestly, who gives a damn if he doesn't play the 100 or so minutes he might have for the rest of the season?

He's pretty much guaranteed his way out of the team this Summer, and that matters more than anything to me.

villus repped this.
  13. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yup

14. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    #8764 villus, Jul 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    It's a non issue, he wasn't gonna play with Asensio, Isco, Vasquez back anyways. He really didn't have anything to lose, being a good boy who tried to do good for a coach who doesn't care what he does didn't get him anywhere. Maybe this send's the message to the club that they have to let him go or his value will drop and he'll disrupt the apple cart, so it actually might be a good move to put his foot down finally.

*As a Madrid fan though I could see why it would be annoying

15. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nah

The club pays him a hefty salary. Whether the coach plays him another minute or not, he has to be ready and available.

It makes him look like a diva.

praxis.en and sidspaceman repped this.
  16. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I mean it's on him for staying when he knew it was a bad situation for him so for the most part I agree, but also I don't know how the club has treated him in regards to allowing him a transfer. I don't buy into the theory that players have to do whatever the club wants, its a two way street if they've disked him around he has every right to agitate for a move. He's been there for years and hasn't shown a diva attitude, sat on the bench and did his part when Zidane disrespected him over and over again, I don't think this makes him a diva I think this makes him human and fed up which is understandable.

I can see why Madrid fans would be annoyed, you're about to lock up a hard fought title, so I can see why the timing sucks, but we have to remember this is Zidane's take on the situation, and he's been disingenuous about James in the past, so might have to wait to see what else comes out.

17. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Valid points.

The only people that probably side with James on this are us Colombians. Zidane’s list of trophies indicAte otherwise sadly.

villus repped this.
  18. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Jesus James has become pathetic. Has he lost his sense of pride that he has to continue to waste his talents by staying at this club as well as acting as he did to say that he didn't want to come?

19. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Already seeing reports his transfer fee is halved. Acting out might get him more control over a move, so there could be method to it even if it's not ideal. Teams do the same thing and will say a player isn't wanted or tell them not to train with the club etc to force them to move because it fits their interests, it's ugly but it's common these days and James at least finally is forcing a move to play. I don't even think it matters to Madrid, he was basically treated like a youth player in the squad.

Azucarero repped this.
  20. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is lame. Only hope he somehow lands somewhere he can get his head straight and get some playing time.

21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Salary James Rodriguez
    • Footballer - Real Madrid C.F. - Spain
    • Born: 1991 Colombia
    • Annual: $18,666,700.00
    • Monthly: $1,555,558.33
    • Weekly: $358,975.00
    • Daily: $71,795.00

This is why he doesn't move :) what other team would be batshit crazy enough to pay him these wages. He seems like the new Alexis Sanchez or Ozil.

22. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    James is on crazy wages but he's also one of the most marketable players in the world so clubs make a ton through jersey sales etc. When he was at Bayern he was always front and center. He can still play and offer a lot to a club but if he wants to prioritize the best move possible he'll probably have to take a pay cut on this next move unless he goes somewhere like psg. But part of the issue is Madrid want a high fee and James wants high wages, so how do you get high wages? You tank the transfer fee by doing what he's doing and you're more likely to get higher wages if the buying club doesn't have to pay as high a transfer fee.

23. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm with James on this one whether this is true or not. He has been trying to please Zidane for years, to the point he is starting to look like an idiot. Zidane has humiliated James too much.

Anthony Lim and pepinointer repped this.
  24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    He is driving his transfer fee down so he can play in Los Angeles or Miami,
    MLS here we come...

crzdcolombian and pepinointer repped this.
  25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    But that was James choice...since he decided to request to Bayern not buy him....

sidspaceman and crzdcolombian repped this.