James Rodríguez news and Comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by crzdcolombian, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    that credit goes to his ENVIGADO FC directors:confused:

2. Uzuriaga

Uzuriaga Member+

Feb 9, 2009
    Estocolmo
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  3. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    parese ser asi!

en esto todos estan de acuerdo con el Nuevo DT de la mayores

4. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    Lo que dijo bolillo fue que el no tocaria los jugadores que estaran en el mundial sub20, para que sigan un proceso, lo cual no me parece para nada malo, es mas lo aplaudo.

5. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    en eso todos los foristas estan de acuerdo con Hernan!!

ojala lo presten! Pues para la sub20 no creo que esten obligados
    pacho... a viajar a portugal y hacer amigos en el equipo de James:rolleyes:

6. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    Para cualquier competencia FIFA, los equipos estan oblgados a prestar al jugador. Aunque si llegase a finales de EL, y el tipo esta siendo importante.....

7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    recuerdas los problemas tan serios entre AFA y barcelona para soltar a Messi al mundial de canada?

8. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    Es que en esos casos ya habian acuerdos entre federaciónes y clubes, y la plata mueve todo, pero estan obligados.

9. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    What process? James has never been called to the sub 20 and if he does at all decent in Porto they're not going to let him play sudamericano either. We will see James added to the mundial squad without having played with any of those teammates, whom under Lara haven't exactly been clicking despite more than a year of frequent microciclos.

I'm all for building team chemistry, but that excuse simply does not apply in this case. It's just Bolillo's justification for not calling him to the NT. If James starts killing it at Porto I for one want him to get some experience with his teammates for COPA AMERICA.

10. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Just to clear up something here, Rúben Micael is not a direct competitor of James but Moutinho.

In fact, if AVB plays 4-3-3, it's fair to assume that James will be benched:

------------------Fernado/Souza------------------

--------R. Micael---------------Moutinho---------

Varela---------------Falcao------------------Hulk

Based on this lineup, i'll explain.

Rúben Micael is a more offensive player than Moutinho, our natural replacement for Deco in the nt (among the likes of Manuel Fernandes). So James would have to compete for a place as a LCM against a 11M £ signing. Nevermind that position is of a box to box midfielder and not of a AMC.

Hulk is untouchable unless FC Porto don't sign a 3rd striker. But that would mean that Falcao and Walter would have to be injured or Hulk himself for James to have a shot. Of course, there's also the consistency of C. Rodríguez (unless he's sold).

Varela has the direct competition of Ukra who is a great portuguese prospect. Mariano will come as a third choice, unless AVB think that his experience will count.
    That place is for the right footed so James won't stand a chance there.

As for Guarín, I doubt he'll the see light when Belluschi seems to be favoured as a sub for Micael. I still see him as a MC more than a AMC though, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was called as a sub for Moutinho instead.

11. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    hey porto fan....thanks a bounch
    and welcome here!!

pls keep us updated this week of the friendly in germany and the luck of the colombians in your team.

12. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    Huk y Valera, estan al contrario

13. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    No. Hulk is left footed and Varela is right footed.

A colombian fan is trying to teach a portuguese fan about its own league? :D

14. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why not? Because of Falcao, a lot of posters here watched Porto play every weekend last year. Certainly entitled to an opinion and to comment on what has been observed. Hulk is left footed, but I'm pretty sure I've seen Hulk on the right wing at times, and that he enjoys cutting in to shoot with his stronger left foot from the right. Varela is right footed, but plays great on either flank too.

James should be able to compete for minutes at any of several spots on the field since he can play anywhere on the left side of the pitch. Its just a shame its happening this year since Porto really needed wingers last season when Varela/Cebolla suffered for fitness and Hulk was suspended.

Hopefully he will make a believer of you.

15. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    It still doesn't change how both players start in the field or their foot orientation. That's their position even though I agree they tend to swap from time to time during the game.
    Hence why James can't be a direct competitor to Varela/Ukra/Mariano.

I'm not dissing the kid, I just think that Hulk and Moutinho are untouchable at this point in time. But regarding the latter, is James really good as a supporting midfielder (meaning as a MC and not AMC)?

Btw, I'm not a FC Porto fan or one of the other famous 2. Just clearing that up.

16. cms79

cms79 Member

Nov 25, 1998
    NYC
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I never really expected him to start from the beginning anyway, hopefully he can get at least 10 to 15 games this season though.

17. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he should have gone to the better league and started by going to spain or italy....

his love for Falcao hopefully doesn't ruin his career

Lets hope whats going on with Renteria doesn't happen with James

18. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    Disculpame pero Hulk en la gran mayoria de partidos jugo por Izquirda y Valera por derecha

19. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    I'm confused here.

You're saying that Hulk played on the left flank and Varela in the right flank in most of the games?
    If yes, you're just agreeing with what I typed.

Or you're implying that Hulk plays on the left and Varela on the right side of the lineup I posted?

P.S.: It doesn't really matter but to bury this issue, there are youtube videos of CL games where they show the lineup. The right footed wingers are on the right flank, the left footed wingers are on the left. Period. It's further comproved by the highlights.

20. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    ------Hulk-----------------Valera.
    ---------------Falcao

21. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Honestly, I think he is primarily competing with Cebolla. I agree that this season he'll probably get more of his minutes in the Cup ties at first, but I hope he'll start to win over AVB as the season progresses and get more time in the league too.

Sure. That's more of the role he played for Banfield the year they won the Arg league. He has a good work ethic and is very good at recognizing and launching the early ball for a counter attack. Falcioni's team played a very conservative game, and it required a lot of discipline from James.

Last season he took on more creative responsibilities and played more minutes in advanced positions but Erviti was always in the free creative role, while James bridged playing as a left midfielder in the first line, and dropping further out into an all out winger role as the opponent and game circumstance dictated.

22. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    If that makes you happy. ;)

23. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    I wouldn't be surprised if he played more mins than Cebolla this season. I think this kid is more versatile than the one footed uruguyan.

Interesting, that opens up more potential playtime for him. Thanks for the info, I'll certainly check him out in the pre-season games.

24. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
  25. Uzuriaga

Uzuriaga Member+

Feb 9, 2009
    Estocolmo
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Thanks...dunno how I could've missed it....only saw last 10 minutes...hardly noticed james though....he was the only colombian on the pitch right?