Jamar Beasley

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by BerwynBlazers, Jul 26, 2002.

1. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's been his problem. Since he left High School he's been a substitute player. He needs to find a situation where he's the Man, where he plays 90 minutes a game. He's not going to develop playing 5 to 10 minutes a game, here and there, or sitting on the bench of a 4th division team in Italy, supermodels or not.

2. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    Sure it does, it's just not Italian. It's vulgar midaeval dialect.

3. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Puteolana lost today to Igea Virtus 1-3.
    Puteolana are dead last in Serie C2/C with 1 point. Still waiting to see if Jamar played or not.

4. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Grazie per la lezione...la prossima volta sono confuso ti farò la domando visto che non so nemmeno cosa sto dicendo...

5. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    jamar not in the team vs igea

puteolana are dead last

Acireale 10 Gladiator 6
    Igea 10 Palmese 6
    Catanzaro 9 Frosinone 5
    Ragusa 9 Tivoli 4
    Nocerina 9 Olbia 4
    Foggia 8 Andria 3
    Gela 8 Giugliano 3
    Latina 8 Puteolana 1

6. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Puteolana-Giugliano 0-1

They loose again.

Puteolana are still 18/18 teams in Serie C2/C. Unless they get things turned around they are going to Serie D, which is the amateur rank, and if that happens, Jamar will probably be looking for another team, hopefully back in the states.

7. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I havn't seen much evidence that he's "with" this team.

8. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. He's on the roster page, but it's kind of hard to imagine how he hasn't made the starters or even the bench yet. Has coreyattheplex talked to him recently?

9. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Puteolana 0-1 Foggia

Jamar not even on the f***in bench again.

11. Cruyff14

Cruyff14 New Member

Aug 29, 2000
  12. dheck

dheck Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Chapel Hill, NC, USA
    You sunk my battleship!
    :)

But seriously, if you are saying Puteolana are D3, they are actually more like D4 since they are in the fourth level of the Italian leagues (A, B, C1, C2).

But maybe you are saying something else entirely?

In any event, it sounds to me like Puteolana need to do something differently (like score some goals). Maybe, just maybe, Jamar gets a chance since what they are doing now clearly isn't working.

13. Cruyff14

Cruyff14 New Member

Aug 29, 2000
  14. dheck

dheck Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Chapel Hill, NC, USA
    Ah, that D3.

You think that is Jamar's playing level?

Or is that a comparable level to the C2?

Or am I just missing something? (The most likely scenario.)

I have no doubt that Jamar could play D3, and IMO would help plenty of A-League teams. However, it could be that he would rather use his ability and the limited time he has to peddle it to see some interesting parts of the world, other than Milwaukee, Des Moines, and Mid Michigan.

15. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    would you expand?

i think that jamar isn't getting a fair shake in italy. for a team to be that bad, on the verge of relegation, and barely scoring goals, to have jamar just sitting there is stupid. he's proved he can score in the MLS and bring some flare into the game, which crappy Puteolana need.

16. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obia-Puteolana 3-0

still no jamar on first team.

they have one point out of 8 games, and the funs are talking about going on strike because they suck and the admininstration hasn't lowered ticket prices.

they have also scored 3 goals in 8 games. i think i could play for these guys.

17. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    I have season tickets to FLorentia Viola (C2 Group B) and going to the matches every other weekend and having myself once played in D3 (Charlotte Eagles, 1997) C2 is Definately NOT at that level. C2 is basically old washed up C1/B Veterans or 17/18 year old kids from Serie A Primavera.

Even then, the Primavera kids are usually either A) loaned to Serie B or B) playing in the Primavera leagues C1 and C2 are third and fourth choice.

As far as why Jamar isnt playing? I have still yet any proof he is there. I have the the official rosters of all the C2 teams supplied from the Lega and he is not included on it...maybe I'll send the Puteolana ppl an email and enquire directly..

18. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All the leagues are done here. He might as well try to play in Italy and see the world. Good Luck, Jamar.

20. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  21. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    C2 has a lower limit than A and B in the amount of non-EU foreigners allowed on the roster and on matchday. Dont quote me on the numbers, but i BELIEVE its like 5 in A, 4 in B and down in C2 its 1 or 2. Florentia Viola has 1 foreigner, but he is German so this doesnt apply. I know that Gualdo has a Ghanian kid as well as an Aussie.

22. dheck

dheck Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Chapel Hill, NC, USA
    Not that this is definitive by any stretch, but Beasley's name is the only one on the Puteolana roster that doesn't look Italian. Maybe there are other foreign players there, but I'm pretty confident when I see "Bruno Fonseca" and "Luigi Castaldo" that these are homegrown players.

There may be some registration hold-up or something, but I do hope he gets a chance. Puteolana need something to happen in their attack and soon.

23. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i guess a fan doesn't think that jamar is better then puteolana's current starting forwards

jamar needs a new team. now.

24. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Has he ever played for Metro? So many have passed through on the way to complete some, grand multi-trade deal, I've lost track of them all.

25. dheck

dheck Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Chapel Hill, NC, USA
    As an MLS player, Jamar only played for New England (1998-2001) and Chicago (2001).