Jamar Beasley

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by BerwynBlazers, Jul 26, 2002.

1. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Jamar Size?

Jamar weighs around 160-170 pounds.

2. Coryattheplex

Coryattheplex New Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Ft Wayne, Indiana
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry no offense but we're all laughing our @sses off here. Jamar is an inch or so taller, maybe less, but he only weighs about 140 dripping wet.

3. soccerdome

soccerdome New Member

Thanks for the info!

4. Coryattheplex

Coryattheplex New Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Ft Wayne, Indiana
    Okay guys here's the NEW 411!

Jamar is indeed with Puteolana now, as I understand it, this club is in the C1 division, and is somewhere near or in Milan. It is where Jamar says he wanted to be all along because of the city, the atmosphere....oh and the super models didn't hurt too much either!

5. dheck

dheck Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Chapel Hill, NC, USA
    Puteolana is in the C2/C, which is the fourth level of the Italian leagues. They only survived relegation last year in a playoff (or a "play-out" as they call it), by benefit of two 0-0 results against Tricase--which allowed Puteolana salvation due to their 32 points compared to Tricase's 31 in the league.

Also, the C2/C is for clubs in the south. Puteolana is located in Pozzuoli, which is just east of Naples/Napoli.

P.S. I thank the soccer gods that no one in MLS or WUSA borrowed the name of Puteolana's rival in C2/C, "Gladiator."

6. retnicf

retnicf Member

May 7, 2001
    Mount Vernon, NY
    Sorry, but does anyone have confirmation (links) of the move to Puteolana? I can't find it anywhere.

7. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It must be the water.

www.chicago-fire.com
    DaMarcus Beasley #7
    Position Midfielder
    Height 5'7" (1.7 m)
    Weight 137 lbs

http://www.mlsnet.com/bios/jamar_beasley.html
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/players/3/306/
    http://www.wsoccer.com/leagues/mls/revolution/beasley.htm

Jamar Beasley
    Forward
    Height: 5-10
    Weight: 160

8. Coryattheplex

Coryattheplex New Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Ft Wayne, Indiana
    Dude, not sure if you are trying to be a smart@ss or what, but Jamar is from here, he hangs out with us when he's home, and I have known him since he was 14.....I'm telling you he DOES NOT weigh 160. I was working with him at a camp at The Plex for a week before he went to Italy just a few weeks ago......he is most definately not 160 pounds......take it or leave it! I'll ask him next time I chat online with him, (not very often), and I'll feel like an ass asking to just to prove you wrong, but I know he's still a relatively slim guy. Geeez, this is starting to get ridiculous, isn't there a Back Street Boy we can obsess about instead?

9. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    I dunno but I'm just sick of hearing "The Plex." :D

Anyway, do you actually know how much he weighs (not that I care)? Or do you think he weights less than 160?

10. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cory, I would hate to put you in an ass like position when talking to Jamar. That's lovely that you have known him since you were 14 and I hope you guys have a nice relationship. Who's your favorite Backstreet Boy?

11. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Take it to pm-land, kids.

Please remain on topic (not his weight), or the thread's closed.

12. Coryattheplex

Coryattheplex New Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Ft Wayne, Indiana
    Why you are, of course!

Now does anyone have a web site for Jamar's new club? He is not very good with his computer yet, and we haven't heard from him by email since he made the move.... and I kind of hate bugging his parents about stuff like that.

13. DLite

DLite New Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Santa Ana ,CA
    There is a website for Puteolana. It is www.puteolana.net The problem is that it is closed until some issues are resolved within the club. I don't speak or read Italian, but I have gathered this info by using language translators online. Also, I have not seen any confirmation of his move from the Nocerina website.

It seems that Puteolana is strapped for cash and may be on the verge of closing up shop. I don't know how they could have purchased Jamar if they are in that situation. A question that comes to mind is why would Jamar go to a club that is in financial trouble? Where is his agent in all of this?

I would love to see Jamar succeed and find his way into the national team picture within the next five years. If not with the national team then at least performing consistently with a respectable european team.

Keep up with the updates Cory. You provide most of the information on Jamar and it is better than anything else I can find on the internet. Without these updates Jamar will become another Raul Palomares.

14. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm pretty sure they did not purchase Jamar. Wasn't he released by Chicago?

Why did he go there? Hell, who wouldn't want to go to Italy to get a paycheck playing soccer, even at that level.

The thing about Jamar is that he needs to go where he can play 90 minutes every game and try to resume his development.

15. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hear you stalk people

16. sparafucile2000

May 13, 2002
    Boston
    Very few threads on BS actually stay on topic. The weight issue was relevant to me at first because, well, weight is relevant to athletes. 160 may mean he's a bigger athlete than DaMarcus, who's noticeably skinny. But I agree, it got a bit off topic there when it was beaten to death.

Berwyn, who knows who's right unless Jamar is asked. Citing websites is rather useless- "official" measurements are known to get out of hand when athletes are listed. There's no way Aaron Gibson is the first 400 lb. in NFL history. You could still be right, though. I'm athletic, and I weigh 170 lbs, but for some reason look really, really skinny. So Jamar could look skinny and low weight to Cory, but still be 160.

Anyway, I'd kinda be interested in a DaMarcus thread that Cory can contribute to.

17. Lab Mouse

Lab Mouse New Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Kalamazoo, MI, USA
    I wouldn't be so sure of that...he came darn close to it when he was playing at Wisconsin (my alma mater).

Back on topic...I am very glad that Jamar is playing someplace. However, the idea that Puteolana might be broke and closing up shop worries me. The European soccer world seems to be one big financial mess--FC Tirol had to give up its champions league spot, merge with another team, and start from scratch in the Austrian 3rd division because it could not give any financial guarantees to the Austrian federation--and I'm wondering if that will affect Yanks abroad or future purchases of Americans, if MLS is being as financially demanding as it seems. It would also kind of suck for Jamar, having just been moved to a team which may not exist much longer, supermodels or not. Keep us posted, Cory.

BTW, I was just briefly in Fort Wayne over the end of last week (long enough to eat at Wendy's just off I-69), and I was quite surprised not to see any big signs that say "home of Jamar and DaMarcus Beasley." Oh well. :)

18. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Hmm...strange...

He WAS listed on the Nocerina website. http://www.forzanocerina.it/rosa.htm

I had it bookmarked, but now he is no longer listed for their club. Strange...

Send his agent up here to Florence, we could use him! We have 9 days to go until the first match and we still have only 2 players on our roster :)

19. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lab Mouse...I thought he meant that others have already topped 400lb. I mean, Nate Newton. Good Lord.

20. dheck

dheck Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Chapel Hill, NC, USA
    There is also a decent fan site here.

However, it doesn't look like they have fully updated the roster from last season. The roster appears to be last season's with some players marked as "ceduto," which I believe means they are no longer with the club. New players for this year don't seem to be there yet.

21. retnicf

retnicf Member

May 7, 2001
    Mount Vernon, NY
    http://seriec.datasport.it/leggi.asp?id=1289175

News is two weeks old but it looks like Puteolana was saved from financial ruin thanks to an infusion of 215,000 Euros from their owner, Cesariano.

Also announced a new coach, Rosario Rivellino, who it seems used to coach the Napoli reserve team as well as Juve Stabia.

Still no news that I can find anywhere of Jamar's move from Nocerina to Puteolana.

22. Coryattheplex

Coryattheplex New Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Ft Wayne, Indiana
    You have no idea how much this annoys all of us....we have a relatively long (for suburban america) list of current and retired pro soccer players from this town. The people, and to some extent the media have become very excited since Jamar signed right out of high school, but the city administrators have always ignored us. Sad, because there are so many great events that go on here.

23. Coryattheplex

Coryattheplex New Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Ft Wayne, Indiana
    Doesn't surprise me! I wasn't going to mention it before I saw the first post about the club going under, but I was certain that the club would never go bankrupt.....as I understand it, the owner has.........hmmmmmm, well, "connections".

24. Lab Mouse

Lab Mouse New Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Kalamazoo, MI, USA
    Ohhh, I C what you mean...sorry I misunderstood.

The thing is, in Aaron's case, his weight will probably prove a liability and he will keep getting hurt. Anyhow...

25. DLite

DLite New Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Santa Ana ,CA
    Any new updates Cory? Just thought I'd ask.:)