Jamaica vs. USA 11/17/04 [R] WCQ

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by SoccerFan8270, Nov 15, 2004.

1. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    USA should win this one but Jamaica may put up a fight...

2. Jono-March

Jono-March New Member

Nov 15, 2004
    All the people on this forum dont realize how dangerous this jamaican team is they r full of offensive options and have underachieved but when their backs r against the wall they score in bunches and i'm not being bias when i say this is a 50-50 match no matter which team the us field

3. Toolhead

Toolhead Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    [Sarcasm/smartass mode on] What's 50% of zero? I don't know how you can give Jamiaca a 50% chance of winning this match. 50% by definition means that they'd have to be able to win 1 out 2 of every match played, well considering that the Reggae Boyz have never beaten the US, I'd be more likely to say based on previous history, that Jamiaca has a 0% chance of winning. Now if you're talking about a draw, then yeah the boyz have a decent shot at pulling that off. [Sarcasm/smartass mode off] ;)

4. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    jamaica has dangerous on the WCQ98, not anymore.
    instead of 50-50, i will say 15-85....
    good luck for jamaica in this game anyway...

5. PhillyFury

PhillyFury Member

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Jan 1, 2004
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Jamaicans will come out pressing; if the US fields a younger squad that could spell some trouble. However, should the US weather the early storm, things look better. The longer Jamaica is kept of the scoreboard, the more frustrated and nervous they get, and our side's confidence grows. Having no pressing helps, and the fact a lot of our guys will be looking to impress means they won't be cruising. Given the history, gotta give the nod to US. If it's scoreless after 20 minutes, US definitely wins.

6. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    What young squard US is playing?

Keeper? Keller is not young.

Defenders? The center would be Sanneh and Onyewu who faces better attackers than Jamaica can offer. Convey at left, and Hedjuk at right are tested before.

Midfielders? Mastronei, Ralston, Donovan and Martino are not bad at all if you consider Jamaica's midfield.

Forwards? McBride with Ching and Johnson as substitute is the best US has now.

7. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    Jamaica would be wise to get this thing to 0-0 halftime, then try to poach something in the second half.

Early and continued pressing by Jamaica means say hello to Messrs. Donovan and E. Johnson on the counterattack and goodbye Hexagonal for the Boyz.

If Jamaica has any sense, they'll want to keep things close, tight and ugly. No flow to play. Then get something off a free kick situation with their powerful England-based forwards in the 2nd half.

8. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    telemundo/NBC will have this game tonite at the end of mex/granadines