Jacksonville Armada F.C.

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Armada FC' started by Mad Hattah, Feb 18, 2014.

1. davidrpaige

davidrpaige Member

May 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It is not the same because they are not called London Arsenal FC. Now if the name was Armada FC (sans Jacksonville for those too slow to keep up) then it would be the same style as Arsenal. Right now, it is the same style as North American sports naming style ( city name - nickname).

I'm not saying Jacksonville Armada is a bad name, I'm just pointing out that it is not like Arsenal.

2. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Working on getting the forum name changed, please be patient.

Mad Hattah repped this.
  3. sportzfrk99

sportzfrk99 Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Prime!

4. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Prime could do it himself, he would. The highers-up who are actually in charge of such changes move slower than glaciers.

5. MBloom

MBloom Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Jacksonville United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously I'm only 1 person, but I put a deposit down for 6 season tickets the day I heard about the team playing in 2015.

Mad Hattah repped this.
  6. Mad Hattah

Mad Hattah Member

Jun 7, 2000
    North Florida
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is awesome MBloom! I have one ticket deposit right now. I really need to make it two so I can bring a pal along for the 2+ hr ride to and from the matches.

7. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #32 m vann, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    I learned yesterday that one of my favorite (and trusted) ticket and groups sales reps from my beloved Rapids recently headed East to work with the Armada. I don't know if he's in the same role or if he moved "up" but one thing is for certain the Armada got a very, very good employee. I text him yesterday about group tickets and quick question about my season tickets. I was shocked when he told me he was no longer in town and that he was in Jacksonville. He still, despite leaving the Rapids, sought out an answer and handed me off to another Rapids rep that later called me. That's a good, honest dude that didn't have to do that. So if you are contacted by or bump into Jordan treat him right. He will do the same for you.

8. sportzfrk99

sportzfrk99 Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fantastic to hear. Every single person I've come to meet from Mark Frisch and down the hierarchy has been absolute class acts and great soccer people. They are going to make this team a first class one.

9. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forum name finally updated.

10. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So over/under on number of days before USL announces an expansion team in Jacksonville.

SoccerPrime repped this.
  11. MBloom

MBloom Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Jacksonville United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's who I bought my tickets from. One of his buddies works for me and put me in touch with him. Great guy. He actually called me this week to check up on things. So far I've been impressed with the work they are doing to 'build the brand' as it were.

edit: Also, he is from Jacksonville so I'm not sure if his new role is 'moving up', but it is definitely coming home.