I've never seen so much whining (re Arsenal game)[R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by mshankb, Feb 19, 2005.

1. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    about stuff that just doesn't deserve whining about as over in the Arsenal forum. Jeeeeez.

2. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Re: I've never seen so much whining (re Arsenal game)

What, you mean the Blades had the balls to actually play a full strength team and not roll over and die for the mighty (snicker) Arsenal.

By jove old boy, thats simply not cricket.

3. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

More to do with phantom penalties and it being "the most physical ... blah blah bollocks".
    Claims that Cullip (he who stood with his arms out to his side whilst having his throat grabbed and being slapped in the face) is a "foul foul foul foul player. I hope he's banned for life".

Not to mention blinking when Fabregas nearly ended someone's career, or Eboue spitting on someone. They all seem to think that the penalty at the end was extremely harsh, too.

4. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002

Umm...i watched that game over here this morning.
    Bloody lucky they're still in it.End of.

He deserved to be sent off, it was a hard cup game, Fabregas will get upended by one of the true hard men of the game very soon and eboue will be found out when they view the video.Bad call on a good goal and a good call on a bad decision to flap his arms in the box.

5. hfmea

hfmea New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Malaysia

Well,this is what we called "sore LOSER"!

6. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004

we didnt lose retard

7. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados

Got to admit lucky not to though. Why the hell was Sheffiled Utd's first goal was disallowed for?!! :confused: . They should be the guys moaning.

8. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We could very much be in the same situation as Arsenal after tomorrow...except our replay will be at home. Let's not get too cocky.

And we have to watch out for that **********wit no talent Lee Bowyer. He's liable to break Duff's ankles.

9. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nevermind on Bowyer. It appears he's out (suspended, there's a shock) for tomorrow's game.

10. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think we could well draw today. I think that's most likely in fact, but I won't be crying like those knobs.

11. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield

Im guessing are just positing opinions as fact, but I assure you no-one I know expected Sheffield to be an easy game. We didnt expect them to be allowed to play by a different set of rules though.

Yes Arsenal got away with plenty too, but that was just the ref trying to compensate for previous wrong uns. He had no control from the get go and the whole thing was just a farce.

12. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield

Probably for the same reason Henry was called offside a million times when he wasnt in the Palace game. The officiating in this league is a joke....

13. billyho96

billyho96 Member

Aug 16, 2003
    Arkansas
    or worse that Arsenal's as it turns out.

prophet? except it was Bridge's ankle getting broke by Shearer

14. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hardly anyone thought Sheffield was going to be easy, especially considering we had a tough time with them in the semis two years ago.

Many thought Cesc was lucky not to get sent off.

Cullip was not slapped in the face, he was pushed. Most thought it was a harsh decision but also thought Bergkamp should've known better.

Hardly anyone thought the handball should NOT have been called and, in fact, most agreed that refs will call that a handball 99% of the time.

Are you done knocking down strawmen?

15. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

No, but you're painting them with a fine gloss.

I never said Bergkamp slapped Cullip.

The handball was almost universally described as harsh which is just bollocks.

16. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Damn, damn, damn. Told you guys not to get so cocky.

17. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I saw the replay of Bridge's ankle injury, I thought about you eddie (not because of that statement) because when Bridge fell it looked just like how TO broke his ankle. Yuck-definitely looked/looks painful!

18. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Why thank you!!! It did look VERY reminescent of the TO injury now that you remind me. The way they fell were exactly the same. I want to see now if they have the same injury. If so, it'll show you how gutsy TO was in the Super Bowl.

19. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The way the foot was folded up underneath him looked almost identical to TO! Esp. since TO came back after only 6 weeks.....I could see Bridge being that motivated if he thought he might get some time off the bench!

20. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    I hope he recovers. We dont exactly have a lot of international talent in this country - Loosing bridge would be a trajedy. Broken limbs are always dodgy. Dont think players ever properly recover from them....Look how long Silvas been out

21. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hmm? I suspect you and I must have different definitions of "universally."

22. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados

Well I dont think it is as bad as the Iberian guys. Some players go down just like that and the refs give them the calls.

23. the101er

the101er New Member

Jan 29, 2003
    I don't want to go troll on the Arsenal boards, but sometimes you see one thing and you think, I've gotta get this off my chest.

Why? Why? Oh why, does a player with the talent and class (most of the time) that Thierry Henry possesses pull the Mickey Mouse stuff he always pulls waiting right next to the goalkeeper when he is about to punt the ball? He was doing it again today against Southampton.

If Jimmy on my U12 team were pulling stunts like that I would yell at him, "Jimmy, let the keeper kick the ball and get back onside."

Which, btw, Henry was caught walking back onside when Arsenal countered after the kick.

Maybe an Arsenal fan can enlighten me. Is this how Henry gets his goals, by knocking the ball out of the keeper's hands as he's attempting to punt up field?

24. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Henry is always doing stuff like that, trying to bend the rules. Personally, I think it's annoying and makes him seem like less of a player. Other people see it as genius and that's he's playing by the rules and that this shows how great of a player he is. It's really all in the way you see it. I am sure there are Arse fans who hate it and some who love it. Same if say, Damien Duff were doing it.