I've Dreamt about this moment - The Benzema Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
  2. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    True, but Casillas was no galactico.

3. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Is Benzema really one?

4. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    He is a starlet, for sure.

5. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't these "starlets" afford chauffeurs? :confused:

6. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    He was bought for a lot of money, but I wouldn't call him a galáctico either. He wasn't enough of a star to be considered one IMHO. We payed for his potential, not his current ability.

7. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe the club paid for his potential, but the media and the fans consider him one of the three big signings.

8. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    He was also the third most expensive one. ;)

I don't know if the fans consider him one of the big three. And like I said, it doesn't always have to do with the price. You pay for different things.

Benzema isn't one of the absolute best players in the world, he wasn't in the running for Ballon d'Or, people generally wouldn't rank him amongst the best strikers in the world, he's not that well known worldwide and that doesn't equal galáctico to me.

9. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Benzema was presented with full galactico honors, unlike Albiol or Arbeloa, for example. I doubt waiting a couple years to see him play at his full potential was in Florentino's or Valdano's minds, specially with all the hype around this kid.

10. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Do you consider him a galáctico? Why/why not? What's your definition of a galáctico?

11. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    What do you mean "full galactico honors"? If you're talking specifically about the presentation, the club went all out for Albiol too. Do you consider him a galactico?

12. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Albiol? My memory is hazy, but IIRC he only got the treatment because he was signed after the big names and it would've looked bad.

What I think is immaterial; I don't even care about what a galactico is. But many, many people thought Benzema was one of three big signings, on par with Kaka and Ronaldo.

13. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Why does that only go for Albiol and not Benzema as well?

Yet only 15.000 people bother showing up for his presentation.
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spai...zema-thanks-florentino-perez-at-official-real

I'm not arguing that Benzema wasn't a big signing, but whether or not he was wasn't the issue here.

14. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    How much is Benzema currently on per week?

15. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    7.5M pounds a year is what i remember.

16. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    Sauce aka source? That seems unusually high and can not be true. :eek:

17. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Before taxes..? Doesn't seem that unrealistic to me. The most unrealistic part about it is that it's in pounds.

18. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He earns around 5-6 Million (Euros) after tax and remember he is under the low tax rate so do the math (I'm too lazy, lol).

19. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I read it some time ago and i can't remember where it was. Sorry. But i'm sure it was around that mark.

He was earning 4.8M euros a year at Lyon. At the time of his transfer Aulas said that we tripled his salary!!!

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Aulas is a bit of a tit.

21. ribery2010

ribery2010 Red Card

Jan 7, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He is on 5.5m euros a year but i don't know if it is after or before tax,he certainly can afford another lamborghini.:D

22. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    source?

23. ribery2010

ribery2010 Red Card

Jan 7, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I actually just saw an article that says he is on 8.5m euros a year i guess it is before tax as there is no way he could earn that.

He would be earning more than ronaldo and kaka if that was the case,that is 708.000 euros a month i hope before tax then you can take away the spanish thingy and find his weekly earning.

Anyway here is the link in french sorry.

http://www.eteignezvotreordinateur.com/le-salaire-de-benzema-au-real-madrid/

24. ribery2010

ribery2010 Red Card

Jan 7, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    From what i can see on the french google he was on 4.8m euros at lyon so he is actually earning 3.7m euros more now,incredible of course before tax.

He is certainly well on his way in his career not only football wise but also financing wise,he is way ahead of aguero who is on 5.5m euros but could change if he goes to chelsea.

Aguero is asking for 100.000 pounds after tax so 5.2m pounds a year so 200.000 a week before tax.

25. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was expecting a comparison to how much Ribery makes, lol.