It's time for Ireland to pull an Italy

Discussion in 'Ireland: NSR' started by Badattitude, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Badattitude

Badattitude New Member

May 31, 2003
    Win a World Cup - you may laugh but I'd rather cry. I say this because the Irish people need to move on - move out of England's shadow as well as NIreland's. If the ROI can become the new France -as well as a center for blatant ,outspoken ,AntiAmericanism/Militarism and the way they conduct their business - it's time Dublin becomes Rome/Milan. I want to see Ireland do what Italy did. Aren't you sick and tired of the "tortured" past routine/excuse.../just getting on our feet etc...? Isn't it about time Irish society demand their own Pro League ala small countries like Scotland, Swiss Denmark etc?
    The Irish came to America first and behind the Germans are the largest ethic group to ever come here -however these people have lost touch with Eire -contrast to the Thousands of Italians who came here later, who were seen jumping up and down from the North of End of Boston to California to Mulberry St. in NYC ...I'm not sure how the Irish here would react - of course we'd be proud - but are we more proud to American Irish rather than from Ireland? It just seems to me the Irish don't stick together in many cases ..it seems they mingle with others and integrate - Often times when you see Irish of Popular status - you find they are mixed and you say - wow they're Irish?"! ala Vincente Fox -Che Guevera - Bernardo O'Higgins -Derek Jeter- Mariah Carey - Christina Aquilera etc etc....
    It's time to show the world that Ireland is a player - not some village owned by Ingleterra -where people still survive off potatos and boiled meat.
    Ireland has an identity crisis - it's time their footballers restore some pride in being Irish of any sort.

2. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  3. SebastianK

SebastianK Member

Apr 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I agree mate 100%. In Euro 96, France98, Euro2000, Euro 2004, and Germany2006, I had to root for my "Utility" countries Germany and Australia, and I'm sick of us not regularly being in these tournaments!. For the roster we have, there's no excuse for us to not be there every time.

4. bobbybhoy2003

bobbybhoy2003 New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Columbus
    Well thats 1 min of my life I cant get back..off the mark in so many ways theres no point in sayin..
    [​IMG]
    Bród Éireannach :mad:

5. Badattitude

Badattitude New Member

May 31, 2003
    Tell me where I'm off the mark? I love Ireland even though many of their liberal youth probably hate my US Gov't - I just feel it's time for Ireland to come to the forefront -time to step out from the dark ages and I know in so many ways they have - they've borrowed so much money from the EU that they've truly excelled and put it to solid use. But it's time for the World pf Irish people to link up again - go to www.youtube.com and type in Italian fans or Italian World Cup and you'll see videos of fans in South Beach Fla - Boston - Vegas - Rome - Milan etc....as for us Irish - I feel a continental divide has never been greater - in fact I feel snobbery from the Eire folk I run into when I travel back to my roots in Limerick. I want Ireland back on the map for the right reasons - everytime I see Ireland in the news it's always about Secterian crap. And all my friends said to me who are Irish "I want England to lose " blah blah and all the friends who are not Irish asked me if I was rooting against England? ...Is that all we're known as? haters? I'm sick of it!

6. bobbybhoy2003

bobbybhoy2003 New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Columbus
    1)move out of England's shadow as well as NIreland's....never have never will ditto Norin Ireland
    2)AntiAmericanism.....Don't mistake anti-American with Anti- US policy...turn off Fox find a different news outlet
    3) sick and tired of the "tortured" past routine/excuse.../just getting on our feet etc...one of the most robust economies in EU...and a standerd of liveing a damn site better then England or NI.
    4)about time Irish society demand their own Pro League......Eircom League its rubbish but its a league.
    5)Often times when you see Irish of Popular status - you find they are mixed and you say - wow they're Irish?"! ala Vincente Fox -Che Guevera - Bernardo O'Higgins -Derek Jeter- Mariah Carey - Christina Aquilera etc etc....Havent a ********in clue here....JFK maybe...Shaquille O'Neal [​IMG]
    6)It's time to show the world that Ireland is a player - not some village owned by Ingleterra ....Come to Ireland its a nice place...
    7)Ireland has an identity crisis ...No sorry....
    8)where people still survive off potatos and boiled meat.....add the Chef Sauce and I'm with ya on this bit...
    PS...take a walk down to about 5th and 33RD on March 17th..

7. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Ooooohh..........I see a very long life for this thread..............

8. Badattitude

Badattitude New Member

May 31, 2003
    Yeah yeah - I grew up in Hell's Kitchen friend - I know all about the Plastic Paddy gathering....
    I don't watch FOX News - however I know my Gov't and nation deserves far more respect from Europe - espeically after we helped it in War and then rebuilt it thru the Marshall Plan.
    I also know the US opened it's doors to millions of downtrodden - Oppressed Irish thru the late 1800's to mid 50's and now again thru the late 90's thru the Present.
    As for the Kennedy's - don't get me started - Bootlegging thieves liars and crooks -not to mention leftists.

Back to my point - Ireland needs a positive - it needs a win.

9. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Why? The country is buzzing at the moment. To win the WC is unrealistic for a nation as small as ours.

Ireland was the only nation in the world to hold a day of mourning for 9/11 and we love the US here. But you are right we don't like US policy at the moment, though its not because we are liberal (far from it imo) it's just because its wrong!!

Ireland never borrowed money from the EU. It was given to us (thank you Mr German taxpayer). And now we give money back.

10. bobbybhoy2003

bobbybhoy2003 New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Columbus
    Where. in HK..as for the Plastic Paddy gathering its as good as any in Ireland so much so I remember fellas coming from Dublin for it....Leftist ...I can see were this is going:(

11. Badattitude

Badattitude New Member

May 31, 2003
    Very well said - however I don't think any country can comment on our poilicy when in fact we had 3000 people murdered in cowardly fashion on 9/11 - Our Gov't is doing what it has to do to protect us.
    People also don't take into account the unbrella of protection we provide to the world - it was not even menioned that on Friday the US sent a Missle defense destroyer right off the coast of Japan - did England? Ireland? Spain? No - people don't realize that the US has an heavy deployment in the Horn of Africa as we speak - trying to deter terrorism in the area Plus the troops we have in SKorea - Afghanistan and Iraq ...Euro's don't wnt to admit it and hate to hear it - but the fact is - if the US pulled out Eurasia would be in dissarray and fall pray to some very seedy and shady people.
    If the ROI needed help tomorrow - where do you think it's coming from? England? ha! NO my friend from the US - you can bet on that.
    What I just explained is Pax -Americana - and it's a damn shame that slob news outlets like te British Bullshet Comany and CNN report the crap rather than the good.

12. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Who appointed you world policeman? Ireland didn't send a destroyer to Japan as we don't have any :) We do however send troops on UN mandated peace keeping duty. Went to the Lebannon myself. We currently have a big deployment in Liberia. The UN is the worlds police and not rogue states like the US.

13. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    move this to the N.S.R. section if it's going down the political route....

14. pmannion

pmannion Member
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Newfoundland
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Agreed. And I have a bad feeling about this one... keep it civil!

15. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Worth repeating. I suggest everyone take notes. There will be an exam.

16. Badattitude

Badattitude New Member

May 31, 2003
    Ha! The UN! and Koffi Annan!?? dude wakeup - if something goes down you better damn well hope your peeps sidw with America and not the corrupt UN who give money to shady people across the globe - should we go into the UN oil scam? shady UN weaposn inspectors? The UN garbage and we have bi-passed them from here on out...
    Who appointed us World Poilce? I wish we weren't - I wish we listed to George Washington and let Europe be as they may - keep them as an ally but a distant one...we protect Japan - b/c we rebuilt the place and b/c they are not allowed a military force. Well known.

17. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    This will make up part of the essay question.

18. bennocelt

bennocelt Member

Jun 1, 2005
    wales
    troll alert!!!!
    either that or this fella has had too much to drink!

19. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yeah, he mustve really been a France supporter, hes been like this for 2, 3 days now

20. Badattitude

Badattitude New Member

May 31, 2003
    I've been here since 04'

21. bennocelt

bennocelt Member

Jun 1, 2005
    wales

god you know without the yanks ireland would be fcuked!!! ya right
    there called tax grants and there are quite handy to get if you are a big corporation looking to break into europe
    i wont mention all the irish who built america and set up the unions out there

"leftists", yeah how there they speak to MLK and his like

22. bennocelt

bennocelt Member

Jun 1, 2005
    wales
    i couldnt give a toss about america, im with the iraqi freedom fighters!:D

23. bennocelt

bennocelt Member

Jun 1, 2005
    wales

:)
    on the ball again

24. Badattitude

Badattitude New Member

May 31, 2003
    They only had a chance to succeed here b/c America let them come in...why? b/c they were poor - defenseless - oppressed by England...sad but true.
    No w/out the Yanks the world would be fecked.
    That'll be on the exam -know it.

25. Badattitude

Badattitude New Member

May 31, 2003
    Wales? - nothing more than an English village - you're property Sir, like a garden hoe...nothing more.