It's open season on Americans in El Salvador again

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by GringoTex, Nov 19, 2004.

1. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The Salvadorian oligarchy earned political capital in Iraq and now they intend to spend it- one bullet at a time.

http://www.thetrucker.com/stories/11_04/1112_port_rep.html

Teamster rep for port drivers killed Jose Gilberto Soto, 49, a Teamsters representative and organizer for port drivers based in New Jersey, was killed Nov. 5 while visiting his mother in Usulutan, El Salvador. ​

According to the labor union release, Soto was about to meet with port workers in Central America.

[​IMG]

2. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Corrected- thanks.

[​IMG]

4. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How are our proxies in that client-state these days?

5. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there will be blood revenge on that fascist gang of *******. they will burn in a pool of blood of their own making.

they will not enjoy it, but such's the pity.

6. GRUNT

GRUNT Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lake Oswego, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just to make sure I do not respond foolishly and to be certain I understand what you are implying -- could you humor me, and spell it out more explicitly?

7. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Sounds like since El Salvador played ball and joined the "coalition of the willing" the US will now look the other way when the Salvadorian govt does their thing.

I would like more information, just as you.
    GT does follow these things.

8. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That's essentially it. After the nuns were murdered back during the civil war, even the Reagan Administration delivered an ultimatum to to the oligarchy. Since then, there's been a twenty-year don't-********-with-the-gringos policy. Somebody's now violated that because they think it's safe to do so.

9. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Chavez Vows to Find Prosecutor's Killers

10. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Did you go to finishing school in Afghanistan?

11. zverskiy yobar

zverskiy yobar BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 10, 2002
    so a union thug gets whacked and you guys cry foul... give me a break.any man who does the teamsters dirty work is playing the game and knows what the consequences are.what next... have a cry fest for Joey Pants?

12. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    Why do you hate America?

13. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    From time to time I ask myself... why are they (you) unable to get decent vacations and a fair number of work hours per week, it's so easy, government and employers as usual say "no, no, no it can't be done" and the union declares a strike, they lose a big amount of money, then they say "let's discuss".
    Of course the "let's fire them all those who dare strike" option is a no-no because the strike would then turn into a general nationwide strike. It's a contract both parts need to have power.

a union thug

Then I am reminded by this sort of ideas being imprinted in masochist minds.

You american workers are really smart.

14. christopher d

christopher d New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Weehawken, NJ
    No, we're just more compassionate than you are. Think of all those VPs who'll only get half of their bonuses this year at Albertsons and Vons! Think of the shareholders! Those mean, nasty UFCW people want to maintain their luxurious healthcare benefits? On the backs of whose Land Rover payments, I ask you?

See? People in my country care about such things. We protect our rich and powerful proudly, with people stepping over each other to prove who's crossed more picket lines. And that's just for our business people. You should see the lengths we go to protect any of our political leaders from demonstrations they might either see or hear otherwise. It's the only real way we can protect our freedom of speech and our American (it's capitalized, by the way) way of life.

Where's your compassion?

15. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    we're a bunch of insensible ppl. ;)

[​IMG]

16. christopher d