It's Expected I'm Gone - Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Darth Norteño, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Someone put on twitter that Jagielka is in Manchester with an Arsenal scout (maybe not a scout but some staff member, cant remember what they said now exactly) and they even had a pic. I couldn't copy the pic but if I can I'll post it.

2. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So does Eboue, but not many tears have been shed over his departure, not as a player at least. I think we would have done better to keep him than we would to sign the Kaka of today. Which isn't to say I think we should have kept him.

3. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    the Eboue diss, random? [​IMG]

4. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Ha! Kaka may have lost hsi speed but he still has a nice touch, shot, and can pass. I'm sorry but I would start him right now over any playmaker in our midfield excluding Wilshere.

5. ithacat

ithacat Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Ithaca, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except that every working stiff isn't the highest paid manager in the Prem.

SAF = £3.6m
    AW = £6m

One could argue that the club is willing to overpay for its manager but not for its players (at least not for star players; squad players, yes). One could also argue that the club's willing to overcharge its supporters (depending on how one wants to view most expensive tickets -- high end or low end) but not invest in a squad worthy of such prices. One could also argue that there is a gross disconnect between the club's supporters and the club's owner, board, CEO, & manager. Even if all of that is true, it, of course, doesn't necessarily follow that the club's heirarchy is incompetent, negligent, or fraudulent. Maybe they just suck at game theory.

As long as the window's open there is hope.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...res-the-ten-highest-paid-football-managers-in

http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...ices-arsenal-have-most-expensive-pies-1794161

6. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yep. Just saw 3 of these pics on Twitter. The news is all over the net now. Hope it really happens :)

7. antiwhinger

antiwhinger Member

Nov 1, 2008
    cambridge
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dude, you have no idea how big eboue's cult following is. eboue is as the Brits say, like marmite, either you hate him, or you really, really love him. and there are a lot of people who love the guy!

i think character counts for a lot. in fact our ritual end of the season failures were probably due to lack of positive character in the dressing room -- which is symbolized by how selfish people like hleb, flamini to an extent, ade, cole and nasri walk(ed) out the door at the first sign of trouble.

8. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    firstly, yes, i would see having 1 inexperienced lb injured, loaning out another inexperienced (not to mention rubbish) lb and then not signing a lb as utter stupidity and incompetence.
    and secondly, if i were part of the arsenal board i would hope you wouldn't see such intransigence to fix bloody obvious problems.

9. ChapacoSoccer

ChapacoSoccer Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I wonder if Kroenke has decided that the team will be more profitable as a selling club that occasionally makes the CL, but doesn't spend to compete for titles. It might be smart business to realize you can't compete with Citeh, Chelsea and ManU, so you keep your purchases small and rely on the fan base to buy tickets even if you are competing for the last CL spot rather than a title.

As a Dodgers fan, that was the business plan for the McCourts and would have worked except for the divorce.

10. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude, get off the meds. Where did you see that "loaning out another inexperienced (not to mention rubbish) lb" information? Show me just 1 formal link where it has been confirmed?
    You would never be part of the Arsenal Board. Not even in your wildest dreams! All of us, real fans are delighted that will never happen :)

11. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
  12. Detlef

Detlef Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FWIW, Scott Dann is not dressed for Birmingham today.

13. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    So Phil is rumored to not feature for Everton this weekend and more than likely presented as an Arsenal player tomorrow. Honestly, it's a start. I'd be very happy. I think Wenger chose him because he's older and he wants some leadership.

Mauro Zarate is in London as well. I want him to sign simply for the fact that Wenger will probably bring out the best in him and because we won't have Bendy and Vela so we need more Forwards. Simple.

14. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Oh god, this is getting overwhelming! haha..:D
    Who were they playing? I wonder if Liverpool put a bid in?

15. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  16. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's definitely a guy at an airport....walking down stairs. Would Jagielka do that sort of thing?

:p

17. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    haha beats me man. I'm not good with face recognition (ok that sounds a bit military) but just was posting what I've seen. I'm not sure which of Dann or Jagielka I would want, I haven't really watched either of them to be honest.

18. Silock

Silock Member

Feb 8, 2007
    KC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is Arsenal. If we're truly a big club, we'd go after players who have other people walk down stairs for them.

19. ThreeUpTop

ThreeUpTop Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Valley Forge
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nice.

20. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ryo is his family name. You know they put those first in Asia.

21. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I don't know if I'm that desperate but that looks just like Jags. I don't know though, I'm not a doctor. :rolleyes:

22. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If that is Jagielka, I'm disappointed by his hairline. It seems that it would be difficult for him to establish any kind of aerial prowess with such a normal cut going on. #DaPrinceDutchCanebait

23. CommonSense

CommonSense Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Portland
    Id like Jags: experience, solid, English, and most of all, he can play across the back 4, even Dmid or keeper (haha) in a jam.

Jags and Zarate sounds good to me. I like Zarate due to his pace and skill. He may be inconsistent but he's got pace and can beat defenders 1v1, something we need up front.

One more attacking mid and were set.

24. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    nice try

25. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Wouldn't count on it. IF that is jagielka then how do we know thats an Arsenal agent? Anyway I guess that's why this is a transfer thread...to dream about signings!