It's Expected I'm Gone - Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Darth Norteño, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ptpab

ptpab Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Montana
    If we do, it will be another unkown player from the russian leauge or something.

2. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    glad to see traore go, and if no one is signed almost immediately then wenger needs to be shown the door, pronto.

3. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  4. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where in that piece does it say he's been loaned to QPR? Sounds like typical, unfounded rumormongering to me.

5. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    it doesn't say it there, but it's said elsewhere they asked arsenal about his availability last week and were told only on a loan. please god don't let taarabt be involved in this in any way.

6. antiwhinger

antiwhinger Member

Nov 1, 2008
    cambridge
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what about sebastian coates?

he's 6ft 5in, and was the the best young player at the Copa America 2011. seems like a guy who would be willing to be a backup to Verms and Kos.

i'm wondering if arsenal really do buy a Jagielka or a Cahill, how willing would they be to be 2nd or 3rd or 4rd choice backups? i just can't see it happening.

7. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Absolutely agreed. There is a new left back coming in...I could see AW going for Baines, since Everton is facing some serious financial issues or perhaps even Jags.

8. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I love to hear these kind of knee jerk reactions " then wenger needs to be shown the door, pronto."
    So if he leaves, then what? Who can come in right now and do better?
    Please!

9. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe we could insist on recieving Onuaha in the Nasri deal? He ain't a world-beater, but he's versatile enough to come in handy.

10. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Right, even if Wenger did make a bid for Kaka, do you realize what his wage demands would be?

BenP is the worst. I think he said David Moyes as an example of who could replace Wenger. The funny thing is you would then have the same people complain that Arsenal would be playing boring football.

11. CommonSense

CommonSense Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Portland
    I'm thinking the holdup in official confirmation just might be a player included in the deal. Onuaha can certainly play a role, but I wouldn't mind seeing some of their other quality fringe players move here. Adam Johnson, Milner, Wright-Phillips, they have a gigantic squad and I'm site they wouldnt mind trimming the wage bill.

My guess is a cpl of things are nearing completion, as the silence is deafening.

12. antiwhinger

antiwhinger Member

Nov 1, 2008
    cambridge
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i think kaka is the one player the club would be willing to pay mega wages to. he is as clean-cut as they get, and even if he's lost his pace (which i doubt), his vision and skills are still outrageous.

also, i would be flabbergasted if traore left on loan. i am sure that a new LB isn't coming in. maybe the boss would buy a CB who can also play LB?

13. railhawksfan

railhawksfan Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Kaka is washed up like Joe Cole. I do not see any point in signing him.

14. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    have you watched him play since he went to Madrid? dude is a complete shell of himself

the moment when he couldnt beat big slow Andre Oojer to a ball at the world cup last year said time's up for me. Kaka was special because he was fast as hell as well as powerful with the skill and vision. Altho Kaka is a weird player to me, he was never really a playmaker type.

Anyway, thats not happening, lol.

also, looks like something is happening with Mauro Zarate. He is not in the Lazio squad today for their Europa League match.

15. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    did you miss the part where i said "...if no one is signed..."?

that stipulation being met almost certainly meets the criteria of incompetence, but you'd be happy to accept that, right, because it's wenger, right? and i'll be honest, in past transfer windows wenger has strongly flirted with meeting that criteria.

so, keep your "please!" and your own knee jerk reaction.

16. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So you are saying that if AW doesnt sign any new player, that is a sign of incompetence and he should be fired? Get a grip dude.
    Man, I am glad you are not part of, and will never be anywhere near, the Arsenal Board.

17. antiwhinger

antiwhinger Member

Nov 1, 2008
    cambridge
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i don't see how "nobody is signed" is a sacking offense. if nobody is signed it's because the owner doesn't want to pay the ask price.

people seem to forget, Wenger does not own this club. he is the greatest servant perhaps in the history of the club. but it's not his money; he doesn't financially benefit except through the compensation that every working stiff receives -- a salary. and plus, I really doubt he makes the financial decisions. of course he has a say, but he's the manager not the CFO.

if no expensive people come in -- blame the owner, maybe blame the CEO. but blame the manager? only at arsenal would people come up with such an idea.

18. art'n'sue

art'n'sue BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 2005
    Signings need to happen ASAP. Don't want to be in a position come May that we are out of 4th place by 3-4 points, which basically could be due to dropping points last weekend, this weekend, and next weekend because we do not have a fit, established, and confident squad.

19. pats1237

pats1237 Member

Oct 28, 2006
    The District
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be honest nobody knows whats going on in the club

20. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Agree, Kaka will never be an Arsenal player. Since his surgery he is done!

I have never been impressed by Mauro Zarate, not sure what others have seen in him.
    Finally, there is a lot of rumors about Jagielka foining Arsenal. I like him as a player, even though he is turning 29 soon. Between him and Gary Cahill, not sure who will be the better option either. Would love to hear some thoughts on that.

21. wanye_stirrear

wanye_stirrear Member+

Sep 19, 2002
    Maryland
    He's a complete joke now. He must be pissed with how Ronaldo came good and he became a lemon. With that said, I like him as a person. He seems to be a top-notch guy.

I like him. I don't watch the Serie A that much. I see some games from time to time if it's on and I happen to be free and in front of the TV, but what I have seen from him, I have liked. I know you don't think highly of him. Why?

22. antiwhinger

antiwhinger Member

Nov 1, 2008
    cambridge
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    zarate to spurs probably; ade is just a smokescreen for madrid, who are using spurs to "price" adebayor. (i'm speculating :) )

about kaka, he wasn't fit last summer. if he's fit, and arsenal signs him, i think most arsenal fans would dance in the streets.

23. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    A little lost tho. Where is Zarate supposed to play?

24. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    he is a headcase, and not in the he wants to win mold like Gallas. Dude is bad news.

His family have done a decent job of trying to wreck his career as well by having him change clubs every few years.

And he isnt that good. Hasnt been good for Lazio the last few seasons. If he comes, I hope he proves me wrong.

I know they would

and then they would boo him, Wenger, and the board blaming the signing of Kaka on them. the second its clear he isnt the Kaka of old and would be a drain on our wage books the fans would turn fast.

25. Henry Porter

Henry Porter Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, but if this is true and Wenger has ambition why hasn't he moved on? The fact he stays means he its, at least complicent with it.