It's Expected I'm Gone - Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Darth Norteño, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meyers

meyers Member

Jun 11, 2003
    W. Mass
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have this summer. He looked quite lively. Getting back to his old self.

Of course he is now in compitition with Ozil, and Ozil is in amazing form.

2. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    The thought of creaming over Kaka is such a strong image on many levels. Really tough to focus on the other part of that post ;)

3. Henry Porter

Henry Porter Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I keep reading this theory about the FFP and am flabbergasted by it. I don't understand why people think it's going to matter too much considering the history of FIFA. I think it's just a PR move without any teeth and if Arsenal are really banking on it, well, that's going to be a complete fail.

4. cashflow

cashflow Member

May 31, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Please just bring somebody in....

p.s. Wenger must have read my post on Kaka in here a few days ago

5. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Now even Capello is coming out full of praise for Wenger but also is encouraging him to go out in the market and buy some big players. He also mentions that at this moment in time with a couple of weeks before the window closes its going to be very very hard to get the right players. Which really it comes back to the what the hell did Arsene and the board do in this summers transfer window? They have really shown they have lost any ability/know how on signing quality players. Ivan Gazidis apparently has added nothing to Arsenal.

6. total_football

total_football Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  7. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed and I think we'll soon see the signs that UEFA will not enforce FFP when they clear that huge Etihad Airways deal. The financially doped teams will use tactics like the Etihad Airways sponsorship to cover their losses and UEFA will do nothing. Arsenal can't base its transfer policy on the hope that corrupt UEFA/FIFA officials will do the right thing here.

8. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not the history of FIFA that matters, it's the history of money. Money always wins. Always. FFP will mean nothing, financial fair play is an oxymoron. See my sig.

9. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am in the mindset that Arsene will try and scrape by Udinese this week to be assured CL group stage and then make one signing at the last moment. Shame, but my hopes for the season have been lowered since the summer started.

10. Tucson Gooner

Tucson Gooner Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm with generals and the others that think we won't splash the cash until we qualify, but what do you think the likelihood is we pull Hazard out of our hat? Should I not even tease myself watching some old Lille games?

11. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    De Rossi is in a similar situation too

12. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not holding out hope for a major signing.

13. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I still think that AW will bring at least 2 players if not three. He will definitely increase the offer for MVila, he rates him highly.
    Hazard / Kaka, Dann / Cahill are still possibilities as well.

14. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was gonna post something snarky like, " Ah, the optimism of youth". Then I noticed your join date. ;)

15. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think if Kaka's just coming on loan it's a no lose situation. Can only help really. Might be good for the young guys if he's willing to work with them.

16. Lemartes

Lemartes Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Would be interesting to see Kaka play for Arsenal, although not sure what the likelihood of that is, heh.

17. zombier

zombier Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Jersey City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Kaka is not coming. He would probably want to go back to Italy.

18. Henry Porter

Henry Porter Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He just joined when he was 4. ;)

19. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Actually he mentioned on a few occasions how he like the way Arsenal play their football and if he moves to England he would like to play for them.
    to be honest most players in the world want to play in the EPL at some point in their career. Kaka, IMO would jump on a chance to do that, especially under the guidance of AW. His humble low key personality would Wenger's philosophy.

20. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Wenger and the Board at Loggerheads

Its unlikely that this author has the inside scoop at Arsenal but it does sound very plausible and goes along with Wengers previous quotes indicating that he would pay out big fees for top players.

Phishy talks about it a lot and its true that for all the flack Arsene gets on transfers our wage structure just doesnt suit his ambitions.

21. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    yeah, I dont know if that stuff is true at all, but its something I have thought as well

I always think Wenger takes a lot of bullets for what the board is doing.

22. ChapacoSoccer

ChapacoSoccer Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    "The Board" is basically Kroenke, though, now, if he doesn't want a higher wage structure it not just being conservative, its that he thinks its bad business. Probably because he thinks the petro-club model won't be sustainable and he doesn't want to get caught with huge wage bills when that bubble deflates.

23. Henry Porter

Henry Porter Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've considered that as well but then am left stumped as to why. I'm sure he could get another job at another club, he's not winning here and getting tons of crap for the policy. Why would he tolerate all of that if it was the board holding him back?

24. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    People don't know AW's principles. Go back to Monaco. He's always been principled. Ruthless but fair and principled. He'd never leave when under contract.

Every yr, and I know this for a FACT, he is approached by Real. EVERY YEAR. He never goes, meets with them out of courtesy but never leaves.

25. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The board still consists of PHW et al until April of next year, iirc.

I dont understand it either.

The same reason he wouldnt leave Nagoya Grampus Eight before his contract was up, even though that would result in him missing the start of the Arsenal season. The same reason he didnt leave Monaco even though Bayern Munich wanted him, and then Monaco fired him a few weeks later. And the same reason Wenger never left for Madrid, Barcelona, and the other clubs that have been interested in him. The same reason he keeps some players on the books and plays them until he is convinced they cant contribute anymore. He honors his contract and is loyal as hell, and is stubborn.