It's About to Get Hot Outside: 2022 Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by juveeer, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if this club will ever get serious, other than chasing scudetto

there is no point in signing players like De Ligt if you cant keep them. We dished out a hefty fee + salary only to lose him with no profit ? Makes 0 sense. Woulda been better off investing on building a proper team

sadly as usual we keep playing wack a mole….sign vlahovic sell de ligt, we will never have a competitive team

2. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Next week I believe. We still have 2 and a half months to seal deals, but yes the sooner the better.

3. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We add pieces and we waste them because we lost players to dumb transfers. All that money spent to bring them in….hell Vlaho could be on his way out in 4 years time if the club deems they need to rebuild again. It’s a non ending crap management cycle. You look at real and see how successfully they are because they are able to keep most of their core players. This team lacks that.

Daei_10 repped this.
  4. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    In fairness, I think we're just a cash-strapped club trying to do what we can on limited resources. If you look at it through those lenses, you can justify every move made. If Pogba pans out (again) you've now fleeced United twice for a world class talent; not impossible. I'd be very surprised in Di Maria doesn't produce given his track record, even if we are going to be looking to get younger sooner rather than later. If Zaniolo stays fit, that's a very nice signing for 30-40M. Kouilbaly on a free would be stellar as well. It's not inconceivable that these moves can pan out.

You already have two arguably world class attackers in Vlahovic and Chiesa. Add Locatelli in the midfield and Bonucci isn't a slouch. We have some pieces. We just need some of the summer signings to pan out. I can understand what the board is thinking for the most part.

dean smith and usnroach repped this.
  5. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Koulibaly wouldn't be free, he still has a year left on his contract

Dante repped this.
  6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pre-season has already started for some of the players, some more will be at training on the 11th, and then the rest by the 18th.

usnroach and juveeer repped this.
  7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Transfer window closes on September 1st. So exactly 8 weeks from today.

8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Napoli want €40 million for him as well.

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

10. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Ok. Who is he?

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's a Turkish U17 player that is highly rated as an attacking midfielder. He's been with Bayern Munich's youth team since 2012, he left on a free. It was between Juve and Barca for his next destination. He chose Juve.

He was born and raised in Germany, but represents Turkey in international play.

usnroach repped this.
  12. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I stand corrected. So used to us doing Bosmans.

13. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    Koulibally is a great player. However he is starting to lose some of his pace now and I think we can get 2 seasons out of him at best. My concern is defence. If koulibally signs we need another world class DC and a world class LB. Also we have no natural LM other than Chiesa who will be playing further forwards. So that is another position we need a class player for plus a deputy. Rumour from across the pond is Liverpool are readying a 102 million bid for MDL and Rabiot. Also PSG want Rabiot back and want to exchange him for Gini Wylnaldan ( probably spelt wrong) lol

14. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Di Maria landed in Turin, will be having his medical and signing tomorrow.

Tomorrow Pogba arrives and should be taking his medical and signing on Saturday.

juveeer and usnroach repped this.
  15. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Even if we are we can make better deals to compensate for it. Some of the things we do are beyond amateur.

16. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any deal that involves getting rid of Rabiot is worth it

17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we can forget about Koulibaly, a lot of reports that he wants to leave Napoli, but won't move to another team in Italy. I can respect that.

Hijack the Bremer to Inter deal. Sign him, and get another young CB, one of the Frenchmen being bandied about.

Juve are also making a push for Molina now, word is they could come to some sort of arrangement with Udinese.

Juve is also looking at Bologna's Arnautovic, Bologna doesn't want to give him up, but Juve might use their interest in Rugani to close the deal.

juveeer repped this.
  18. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Pogba has landed in Turin, medical set for tomorrow.

19. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m hesitant on Bremer. He’s only shown well with a back 3 defensive shape. KK is such a better option if he will accept. Understand if he won’t though.

20. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Di Maria will be wearing the #22 and Pogba will once again wear the #10

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Bayern low ball everyone and get the player to force the team into a transfer at a ridiculous price. We went through this with Gravenberch.

Daei_10 and juveeer repped this.
  22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He only joined up with Mino in the spring of 2019. Prior to that he was represented by Barry Hulshoff a former Ajax defender. de Ligt wanted to maximize the transfer fee and once he signed with Raiola, he was gone from Ajax.

I think de Ligt has no faith in Allegri or the senior management at Juventus who as everyone has written seem clueless about how to build a club. He was comfortable with the style of football that Pirlo was taking the team.

23. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Bayern offering 80m+10m in bonusses for De Ligt, Juve said nothing less than 100m.

24. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I can't ever recall a good deal for use with Bayern.

25. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    CR3.5 didn't like him either.

Come to think of it, either did Pirlo. He was screwed by Max at Milan and left here after 1 year.