Italia-spagna - 06/22/08

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by DaveyGorgeous, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm not sure to be honest. Can anyone shed any light on this?

2. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

it's not as bad as people make it out to be. the only group that really has any significant numbers are the romanians. these numbers are from the end of 2006. I would have to say that our immigration policy is holding up rather well compared to other EU nations.

Ethnic Group Population % of total

Ethnic Italians 56,000,000 94.96

Romanian 550,000 .93

Arab 485,000 .82

Albanian 348,000 .60

Asian(non chinese) 326,000 .55

German 287,503 .49

South American 239,000 .41

Black African 210,000 .36

Chinese 128,000 .22

Ukranian 107,000 .18

Other 257,000 .43

3. VCFan

VCFan New Member

May 14, 2008
    I agree, the situation isn't quite as bad as people make it out to be. The demise of the ethnic Italian population in Italy, though, is the big problem and the government seems more than happy to supplement the population shortage with immigrants instead of taking aggressive measures to encourage Italians to have more kids. That's what rubs me the wrong way.

4. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    Berlusconi is supposed to implement such family measures, so he says.

He started I think with the cuts to the taxes on the first house, the reduction of the tax on overtime, and I think the reduction of prices of some items such as milk and eggs...

A larger bill is on the way, but right now the focus is on the recent security bill, which (justly) has primacy in terms of priority.

5. Strummerman

Strummerman New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Montreal
    The Don's major mistakes were the playing of Aquilani and Ambrosini.Why was Ambrosini in every game? I am wondering if Ambrosini was with Milan when the Don was still there? We needed Camo and ADP. The tre quista would have worked better with ADP and Camo and Toni. I know Camo and ADP are not very young but ADP played full time for most games in Seria A this year. He had the stamina for 90 minutes. As well, ADP would have replaced Pirlo for corners and free kicks.

I cannot fathom how Aquilani who barely played all year is all of a sudden is such an elite player. Big mistake.

As for the pks, when I saw Di Rossi step up and remembered his PK in Manchester, I said oh no. As for Di Natale, how do you spell Di Baggio. Same overrated player taking a key penalty kkick.

6. VCFan

VCFan New Member

May 14, 2008
    Like I said about Lippi coming back, I'll believe it when I see it :cool:

7. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Everyone please look closely to the left side article. The title is "Tattica Suicida". That is why we are going home. I have supported Donadoni more than most here and I have to say I was extremely disappointed that his tactics against Spain failed, and worse, caused me to have to suffer through more "Italy plays too devensively" nonsense for another 2 years at least! I find this very sad after Lippi had gone so far in quieting the idiots who call us "anti-football" and "soccer cynics". All they needed was more fuel.:( I am so ready for Lippi...

To all of my many Spanish friends, buena suerte, amigos!

8. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    I'm the same way.

I generally trust Berlusconi, but we'll have to wait.

Hopefully both things come true.

9. VCFan

VCFan New Member

May 14, 2008
    Either Italians start having more kids, or some of us will have to move back... who's up for it? :D (I know you'll be moving back, Reazzurro, isn't that right?)

10. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Did you read the article? If so, would you mind giving us a summary of what it stated? It would be interestig to see what they had to write.

11. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm a citizen and have been thinking about it. If things change for the better I probably will.

12. VCFan

VCFan New Member

May 14, 2008
    I agree that this may be the worst result of having gone to Euro 2008 with Donadoni. Oh, how much fuel we've given the Italian haters with the way we played against Spain... but like I've said before, even if Italy turned into Arsenal overnight, neutrals always seem to find something to criticize.

13. VCFan

VCFan New Member

May 14, 2008
    I'm a citizen too, and my family have been wanting to move back for some time now, but (like you said) only when things get better for common Italians.

But you and I probably have far stronger ties to Italy than a lot of the 4th or 5th generation "Italians" that live in the United States so we're more easily swayed by sentiment than by common sense :p

14. Wog Vader

Wog Vader Member

Sep 30, 2004
    Miami Beach
    This is my beef with the oriundi. It's as if players like Camo, Osvaldo, and Amauri can't get a place in Argentina/Brazil, so, since they want to play in an international tourney, they'll play for anyone. It would be different to me if they wanted to play for Italy b/c of sincere desire to play for Italy (like Giuseppe Rossi), but it strikes me as just opportunism on their parts. It would be different if they 1. moved to Italy, permanently, 2. assimilated into Italian culture 3. re-adopted Italy as their new country and identity 4. knew how to sing the damn anthem. I mean, c'mon, Pavel Nedved is more Italian than some of these guys!!!

I don't get that sense with Balotelli, b/c, black or white, he was raised in Italy, and is Italian in every sense of the word.

It's not just an Italian thing, though. Look at how many "naturalized" Brazilians play for other sides, like Switzerland, Japan, I think even Turkey has one. But we are Italy, we don't need these mercs.

15. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    exactly, if and only if it gets better. and for the sentiment part, very true!

16. CoachKilmer

CoachKilmer Member

Jun 18, 2006
    NJ
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Don should have let aquaini take a PK and subed ADP for Ambrosini

17. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Here it is. If you don't read Italian let me know and I will translate it for you.

"Questa non**la squadra campione del mondo e lo sivisto anche ieri sera. Ma va dato merito agli uomini di Donadoni, almeno, di aver difeso l’onore contro una delle formazioni piforti dell’Europeo. Purtroppo abbiamo puntato sin dal primo minuto alla soluzione dei rigori, memori della fortuna che ci avevano portato al Mondiale in Germania. E questo**stato il nostro limite. Abbiamo forse ottenuto il massimo tenendo conto che Toni non**piquel campione fenomenale che devasta le difese avversarie. L’attaccante del Bayern**sembrato persino goffo e pesante. Al suo fianco avremmo insistito nell’inserire Del Piero. Ci**mancato il centrocampo con un Aquilani timido e nascosto, un De Rossi mai incisivo e un Ambrosini generoso ma sempre fallosissimo. L’analisi tattica ci consegna la fotografia di una partita che non abbiamo mai dato l’impressione di governare, ma solo di subire sperando nel contropiede e nello spunto isolato di qualche giocatore (ma senza Del Piero**difficile). Crediamo che anche il caldo abbia inciso sul ritmo e che questo si sia tramutato in un vantaggio per una squadra tecnica come quella spagnola.
    Ci sono mancate velocite tensione, ma almeno in difesa ci siamo lustrati gli occhi scoprendo ancora una volta la crescita portentosa di un giocatore come Giorgio Chiellini. Se siamo riusciti ad arrivare ai supplementari e poi ai rigori **stato soprattutto per merito suo. Chiellini ha giganteggiato contro autentici fenomeni come Torres e Villa. Li ha controllati, sovrastati e annichiliti con interventi puliti e incisivi. Detto della difesa e del suo elemento migliore, critichiamo comunque un atteggiamento tattico che ci ha portati con voluta determinazione ai rigori. Ma qui anche puntando su San Buffon ciandata male. Il portiere della Juve ha fatto il suo piccolo miracolo parando un tiro dagli undici metri. Non**bastato per gli errori da parte nostra a cura di De Rossi e Di Natale.
    Archiviamo questa esperienza europea raggiungendo il minimo sindacale dei risultati avendo presente che siamo pur sempre i campioni del mondo. Voltiamo pagina con i dubbi (e le polemiche) sulla nostra panchina e su qualche piccola recriminazione. In attesa di ripartire per la prossima avventura mondiale, sappiamo che non sarnecessaria nessuna rifondazione, ma semplicemente scelte pioculate."

18. CoachKilmer

CoachKilmer Member

Jun 18, 2006
    NJ
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This not ** the square champion of the world and sivisto also yesterday the evening. But she goes given merit to the men of Donadoni, at least, to have defended the honor against one of the formations piforti of the European. Unfortunately we have headed sin from the first minute to the solution of the rigors, memori of the fortune that had carried to us to the World-wide one in Germany. And this ** be our limit. We have perhaps obtained the maximum holding account that Tones not ** piquel opposing phenomenal champion who devasta the defense. The forward of the awkward and heavy Bayern ** seemed even. Al its flank we would have insistito in inserting Of the Piero. Us ** lacked the centrocampo with a timid and hidden Aquilani, a never incisive De Rossi and a generous Ambrosini but always fallosissimo. The tactical analysis us delivery the photography of a game who we have not never given the impression to govern, but to only endure hoping in the contropiede and the isolated cue of some player (but without Of the difficult Piero **). We believe that also the warmth has affected the rhythm and that this has been tramutato in an advantage for a technical square like that Spanish. There are lacked velocite tension, but at least in defense we have lustrati the eyes discovering once again the portentosa increase of a player like George Chiellini. If we are resolutions to arrive then to the additional ones and to the rigors ** be above all for merit its. Chiellini has giganteggiato against authentic phenomena like Torres and Villa. It has controlled them, overhung and annihilated with clean and incisive participations. Saying of the defense and its better element, we criticize however a tactical attitude that has capacities to us with intentional determination to the rigors. But here also heading at Saint ciandata Buffon badly. The porter of the Juve has made its small miracle adorning a shooting from the eleven meters. ** Not been enough for the errors for our part by De Rossi and Of Been born them. Archiviamo this European experience catching up the trade-union minimum of the result having present that we are also always the champions of the world. We turn page with the doubts (and the controversies) on our park bench and some small recriminazione. Waiting for to leave again for the next world-wide adventure, we know that not sarnecessaria no rifondazione, but simply chosen pioculate."

19. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    that is hilarious...what a translation...from Italian to Drunkenese.:p

20. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was thinking the same thing.

21. CoachKilmer

CoachKilmer Member

Jun 18, 2006
    NJ
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    sorry i did it from alta vista

22. CoachKilmer

CoachKilmer Member

Jun 18, 2006
    NJ
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    by the way toni did not play 90 mins in any of the WC games and now he plays 90 in 4 straight. not even the great totti could do that.

23. Pirlo_Il_Maestro

May 31, 2008
    Australia
    I couldnt agree more. The way Italy played this tournament has definitely added fuel for all the haters but even if we won the tournament by scoring 5 goals a game Italy would still be labelled as defensive and as cheaters.

Unfortunately the majority of people are heavily influenced by stereotypes, jealousy etc and only true unbiased football fans understand the abilities of other teams. Those "haters" are only fuelled by jealousy and a very poor understanding of the game. Its easy to label Italy as boring or as cheats, just as easy it is for me to label England as playing boring, long ball football (which we played this tourney :mad:), to say Brazil cannot defend for their lives, to say Portugal are a bunch of cheats......

They can hate all they like, we are the WORLD CHAMPIONS.

24. italia1960

italia1960 New Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Toni out and defend is wrong against spain they suck offensivly

25. italia1960

italia1960 New Member

Jun 9, 2008

Lets keep Italian team White, not racist. We are not a country of Colords. Unlike France we have white talent,