Italia Class of Group E

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by bobarino, Apr 13, 2006.

1. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I feel very confident in our chances of not only moving on from Group play, but also winning it outright. Watching the USA lose to Germany 4-0 (I know it was a B Team) and then go out and tie Jamaica 1-1, I think they place 4th in Group E.

2. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Hey at least give us credit for the goal: 4-1 in Germany.

Keep underestimating the US.

3. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sorry about missing the late tally. I don't acutally think it's a case of underestimation by the rest of the world, but more of an over estimation and expectation by the US side for now. I think they will be ready to have consistent success outside of CONCAF by the next World Cup. They will need an in-form and fit O'Brien in the midfield to have any chance of winning a match in Germany.

4. ForzaCassano

ForzaCassano New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    Toronto
    i seen a friendly with mexico and ghana the other day.. and if it was any preview of ghana this upcoming worldcup.. italy will be very gratefull!!!:D Oh yah, and the usa play like complete garbage! i think the czechs will be the only team to give us a little trouble... but i idoubt much trouble at all due to the azzuris current form! There wont be many teams this year with the chemistry and talent like the azzuri! looks good for a 4th!:)

5. tutto_azzurri

tutto_azzurri New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    toronto

i do now shut up with this keep undersetimating the us shit ... thats all you guys say

im my mind italy has no choice they have to go to atleast the semis ...and i think they can do it also

6. primusux

primusux Member

Mar 17, 2005
    USA

This type of thinking is what gets Italy in trouble in tournaments.

7. BullseyeLogo

BullseyeLogo New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    Waterloo, Ontario
    That's not Italy talking. believe the Azzurri know all to well what it means to underestimate an opponent. Its a lesson they have learned the hard way. You won't see them take anything for granted. The way the team is running currently the mandate is to attack. Look at the strike force they have. I don't see them sitting back either. They will want to score as many as possible and not protect a one goal lead. They sent out a clear message to the world when they demolished both Holland and Germany.

We are going to see an attacking force to be reckoned with, believe me.

8. Wog Vader

Wog Vader Member

Sep 30, 2004
    Miami Beach
    Not so fast.

Ghana was missing their best few players that game, and despite losing, they actually had the better of play for some long stretches.

Furthermore, the US team that played Germany wasn't a "B" team, it was a "C" team.

Finesse teams like us can have trouble against hard running, athletic teams. See our game against Korea, or first game against Wales.

I still think we will progress, but it won't be a cakewalk.