It is like a funeral out there (R)

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by JAIME1, Aug 19, 2002.

1. JAIME1

JAIME1 New Member

Jun 17, 1999
    Boston
    If you want to convince people that soccer is a boring, low scoring game, just buy them ticket to the Revs game. It is like a funeral out there.

People, including me blame the coach, but: Why blame the coach? After all he is only learning, lets not forget
    The Revolution is the beginner coaching paradise. All you need is to be an ex-player with a desire to be a coach “No coaching experience needed/some experience will be helpful”.
    Maybe I should apply. I am sure I can do as good as the last two coaches.
    And by the way I work hard, really hard, I almost forgot that, people here really appreciate hard working coaches.

We should blaming the KRAFT for not caring about the team and the sport.
    They are in for the money only and if they make money is ok.

Real owners who love the sport will do a lot more but will start from:

Fire the coach today and hire a “PROFESIONAL COACH WITH A LOT OF EXPERIENCE”
    Why today?
    1-Season is over, hopes are almost zero and the team does not deserve to be there.
    2-SN is not good, actually he sucks and his style is like sleeping pills.
    3-Let the Fans know the management is concern and cares
    4-If you can get a good coach before the end of the season is excellent, because it will allow the new coach to evaluate the exciting players and build for next year.

2. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    That's a good point, of the whole lot, only Rongen had any coaching experience at all!

Still, the pile of ex-MLS coaches doesn't excite me. Neither does the prospect of seeing whether a college coach can make it in the pros.

Maybe Arena would see it as a nice challenge while keeping his USNT seat warm for '06. Otherwise, I'd look overseas. There's a sophistication that has always been lacking in the Revs, that keeps them a step behind the competition.

3. Revs In First :)

Aug 15, 2001
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On principle, I agree...

However, I've got one question for you...

"We should blaming the KRAFT for not caring about the team and the sport.
    They are in for the money only and if they make money is ok."

Where did you ever come up with this, and how is it you think the Krafts are making money off of this? Honestly, if you somehow know that the Krafts have made money, instead of losing millions which is what they've stated all along, please, let us know.

Questioning their committment to the sport is one thing, but to just assume that any team in MLS (except Columbus) has actually turned a profit is a bit naive, based on my understanding of MLS' financial setup. Again, though, please enlighten me if you can, I'd love to hear otherwise.

4. JAIME1

JAIME1 New Member

Jun 17, 1999
    Boston
    I assume you question their commitment and you stated they are loosing money.
    Doesn't make any sense either.
    Why will they still own the Revs ??
    There must be a good reason and is not love for the sport or the funs. Is the money.

5. Bill Duggan

Bill Duggan New Member

Aug 17, 2002
    MA
    I agree with Revs in first. Get rid of the Krafts, they have no Clue. Send the GM out with him. This team is the most mis-managed team in the league.
    The Bruins owner could do better with this team than Kraft.
    Now for coaches, we need to hire a high-profile coach like STEVE SAMPSON. He will do great with the Revs. He has the experience. BTW, i believe he is the second winningest coach in US history. Give him a chance.

6. Cbear5959

Cbear5959 New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Rhody
    are you all morons?

Ok so we get rid of the Krafts, and the GM and then the Revs go out along with them. The Krafts are losing millions on the Revolution you should be thanking them for being committed to bringing professional soccer to New England, without them their is no franchise. Yes a new coach is needed but save me the B.S. about new ownership.

7. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep the Krafts, fire the others

The Krafts must stay. Without them, there is no team. However, I'd clean house starting just below them.

We've changed coaches many times, changed players many times and that does no good. Players that bombed here are still playing on other teams and in some cases, doing well. The only thing left is to fire the management that has assembled this sorry lot and coach Stevie. Let's dump them all and start again. I mean 22 points is pathetic and everyone involved should go. We're 10 points behind the last team in the West and we suck. What's more TnT (our brightest star and the only reason I even watch) will want to move on as this team will kill his development

8. Bill Duggan

Bill Duggan New Member

Aug 17, 2002
    MA
    Re: are you all morons?

Without them there would be a team in New England. And commitment does not make you a good owner. They do not put the right people around the organization. Its a shame you dont see how poor this ownership is, all you see is the fact that there losing millions. Enron is probably losing millions right now, does that make there owners respectable. NO.
    And BTW, it Steve Nicol. No s in Nicol.

9. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
    So there isn't enough scoring when the team with one of the top offenses and the worst defence plays?

10. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do some research, Nicol was the coach of the Boston Bulldogs and led them to many winning seasons. He took over for Zenga when Zenga was fired and won the last two games. Revs wanted Nicol, but he didnt want to coach yet. So Revs waited with FC and when Nicol felt right, they screwed over FC (rightfully so) and put Nicol in the spot. Give Nicol time, give him an offseason so he can make the moves HE wants, he can build a team that HE feels will win. The Bulldogs were exciting, and I believe Nicol can do that with the Revs. Revs gave FC two years, and I feel they will give Nicol two years also. What they do need to do is refurnish their management. In another post, I heard a great name to replace Smith, Dave Dir. Dir knows alot about soccer and the MLS. Burn did alright with him, so maybe he can help us out. Smith, I love ya, and I hope you get healthy, but business wise, you aren't doing your job and you got to go.

11. JAIME1

JAIME1 New Member

Jun 17, 1999
    Boston
    There is much more to soccer than Goals, during the qualifying for 2002 World Cup, Australia beat a small Country 30-0.
    Do you think that was an exciting game?

The game was as boring as it gets, with an exception of a few seconds in the beginning of the second half. Even the goals were awful

12. JAIME1

JAIME1 New Member

Jun 17, 1999
    Boston
    They gave 2+ Years to Wrongen, 2+ years to Clavijo.

History will repeat it self